Age Gaps in adult relationships

My oh is four years older. I don't really see thar as an age gap. As long as you're happy I don't think it matters. My friend was once with a guy about 35 years older than her! That didn't work out thoigh as they wanted totally different things and had completely different views and opinions.

My hubby is 11 years older. Never even think about it to be honest. We just clicked, and age was definitely just a number.

Personally I'm not sure if I could ever be in a relationship with a large gap just because when I was younger I had a boyfriend who was 10 years older than me and he was extremely controlling and condescending. I know that doesn't mean all big age gaps are the same way but I feel very strongly about being completely equal in relationships which I would worry about if I was with someone a lot older.

Never really been with anyone younger than me but I have a date with a hot 21 year old next weekend so theres a first time for everything, lol.

Never really been with anyone younger than me but I have a date with a hot 21 year old next weekend so theres a first time for everything, lol.

Everybody should have a first one of those, that's gotta be some kind of rite of passage :winkwink:

Have fun btw x

I am 7 years older than DH, we've been together 12 years, and started going out when he was 18. He has always been mature and responsible, often a lot more than I have been in the past. Funnily enough I am the "young one" in the relationship. If you are lucky enough to meet the right person, and you are willing to work together at the relationship, age doesn't matter :flower:

DH is 12 years older than me. To be honest the only time I ever remember is if he mentions something I can't remember from his childhood, or we are filling in forms with date of birth!!! I don't think it makes a difference at all.

:coffee:

I am 28 and my boyfriend is 51.

For the most part I don't see any age gap or a problem, but there are things that would be an issue in a long run. So far we have been dating little over a year and it has been great.:happydance:

Everybody should have a first one of those, that's gotta be some kind of rite of passage :winkwink:

Have fun btw x

Haha totally. He's a model as well I feel a little out of my depth tbh hahaha. Thank you!

I have never been interested in being in a relationship with a large age gap but I have no issues with it. You love who you love. DH is 1½ years younger than me.

DH is 7 years older than me, before DH I had always been with people roughly my age. I didn't go out looking for an older man we just met and it works! His friends are the only ones to point it out, making typical lad comments about how he will have to keep fit to keep up etc :dohh:

My limit is 10 years older, maybe 3 younger.
My oh is 5 years older x

My oh is 8 1/2 years older than me, it doesn't bother us at all often I am more mature than him

Forgot I didn't actually say my DH is 11 years older than me but I'm definitely of the thinking you fall in love with whoever you fall in love with and age isn't a massive factor. I do think if there's like a 50 yr age gap (for example a 20 year old and a 70 yr old) I would imagine the relationship wouldn't last as they're at such different points in their lives.

DH is a year younger than me (almost to the day) but I once dated a guy who was 8 years older than me. We were both in our 20's at the time but it was funny to laugh about movies that came out when I was 10, when he was already in college.

OH is 4 years older. No gap at all now but when we were first together I was 16 and he was 20 so a bit of a gap back then!

Personally, I could only be with someone about 5 years older x

I have always been with older men but not neccesarily a large age gap my OH is 2 years older than me and I like that. I was with a 30 year old when I was 19 though.

My MIL is 15 years younger than FIL and now hes getting older I think she sees it as hes 70 now and shes only 55. They still get on brilliantly but he gets tired much easier than her and tends to forget things a little bit. Not dementia or anything think hes just getting older now

My oh is 5 years older so not that big a gap. I don't think it makes a difference once you are out of your teens.

There's 9 years between me and DH (I'm 23 he's 32) and it's never been an issue for us.

8.5yrs between myself and OH, we met when I was 18 and he was just turning 27. It's something I don't even think about to be honest

OH is 3 years older than me. I don't see a problem with age gaps but my highest would probably be about 10 years. But if I was ever to split with OH and met another guy who was more than 10 years older than me and we got on, then I wouldn't let it stop me. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->