Age gaps?

We're hoping for a 2 school year age gap. Sounds odd I know but we want there to be one clear school year between them. Because Earl was born in October, it means we have to wait until at least next Jan to conceive the next one as otherwise there'll only be 1 year between them.

We want this as I'm going off hubby's judgement. He is 20 months younger than his sister. While he wanted a larger age gap he liked the fact that there was 1 full school year between them (she is June, he is Jan) as they didn't share friends, they were always at completely different stages with different friends, but they were still close enough that they could play together with no problems and be social with one another even during teenage years (summer hols etc).

We want to get this kind of dynamic so we're going to try in May 2011 so that the LO is born at some point in 2012, so will have a full school year between them. Earl will be at least 2years 3months when LO is born, so will be mobile and able to cope with the upheaval.

I was an only child and while I would never say it was a bad thing, and I know that Earl would thrive as an only child, I know that hubby would want another at some point and I would rather they grew up together and enjoyed each other company, than grow up seperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->