lemongrass

Reaction score
I'm 21 and WTT. If it were solely up to me, I'd be TTC. However, there are two parties involved and it wouldn't be fair (although tempting) to TTC w/o OH consent. I've been with OH for 2 years now, living together for a year and a half. I know, we moved in quickly, but when you know, you know. Bought a house last sept. We plan to get engaged sometime this year, married next year. TTC in about 2 years from now. I moved out right after highschool, at age 17 and got all of my partying out of my system then. I love my life as it is now and can't wait to have kids.
I'm wondering: have any of you settled down so quickly in life, absolutely love it, and are sick of people telling you that you need to act more like a "regular young person"? I'd rather not be hungover on weekends- I'd miss the great garage sales!

I was 27 when I had Isla, so a little older than you and currently WTT for #2. I say if you feel ready and your situation feels stable then go for it babe :thumbup: Everyones different and ready to settle down at different times IMO.

Hey, I sound just like you, 21 and WTT been with my fiance for just over 2 years. We live together, although in my mums house as we can't afford our own place. I start uni in sept and my fiance is currently in his 2nd year at uni. We plan to get married once we've graduated and can TTC once we're married depending on finances etc. I wish I could fast forward time though....*sigh*

I'm the same, OH is 21 and I'm 20. I'm bored of going out but when my friends are down from uni I end up going out for the sake of it, because there's nothing better to do :( I prefer to stay in with OH or my sister or whatever, and just watch films and drink tea!
We still live with our parents while we save to rent our own place and we're also saving up for our wedding (although OH hasn't actually proposed yet lol). So you're not alone!! I'd love yo be living with OH, I can't wait until it's just us ^^,
People tell me to concentrate on getting a career or going to uni, and that the baby thing is just a phase... It's been 5 years, it's the longest phase I've ever had!
Don't listen to them, all you can do in life is make yourself happy and do the things you love :) They only know what's best for them, and IMO having children is the most amazing thing you can do with your life! xx

I'm nearly 29 and still get people saying I should be going out clubbing and pubbing all night! It's just not my thing at all.

I'm more than happy to stay at home and snuggle with my OH in front of a good film. :cloud9:

Ignore what other people say and do what you know feels right for you. However, obviously it goes without saying that you should never TTC without OH being totally on board.

I was 23 when I had my LO and I always get the look to say 'was she planned'.. err yes she was thanks!!

My partying years only lasted a couple of years (from about 15-17). There's only so many clubs I can go to lol

But that lifestyle was never one I wanted - I always imagined and dreamed of having my first by 25. I think it's because that's whats "normal" to me.. My parents finished having kids and were married by 24 and all my aunts and uncles had theirs 'young' too.

I've always wanted to be a "younger" parent and it was most definately the right thing for me (OH is a bit older so cant say the same for him lol) :thumbup:

i know EXACTLY how you feel !! i'm a bit younger though, I'm 19 WTT when I'm 20.
But I started going clubbing and stuff when I was about 14, and by the time I turned 18 I just really wasn't interested anymore.
I would much rather stay at home at watch some tv with my hubby than go out, everyone else my age seems to think that's strange?
But it's just ME!!
I know I'm ready for a baby, I'm not immature like a lot (not all) of people my age. And I know what I want to do with my life.
The main element of that is have a family! My OH is 25. He still likes going out only occasionally, a few times a month, but I don't stop him, and I rarely go with him.

It annoys me so much when people think I'm too young. 19 sounds young, yes, but like you girls said I've always wanted to be a 'young' mum - I've even been talking to my mum about it and even she thinks I'm ready!!
I'll be 20 when we TTC and if everything goes to plan then either 21 or almost 21 when baby is born.
I'm not a 15 year old girl TTC - so there is no 'too young'.

AOIsjwah`ep;rfjop annoys me so much!

Hi all, I am 20 and have just recently had my first baby, and whilst she wasn't planned I don't think I am too young!
I think having a baby has given me a more mature and long term focus on what I do with myself, like I can't faff around with my money and I have to plan where I'm going to be living more carefully and things like that. I was never that into the clubbing/going out thing either but I know that when I go back to university in October I'm going to get my degree and not just to party and get away from home (which I know is true of plenty of people without kids, I just think my determination has been renewed because of her!)

Also, as many midwives keep telling me, the human body is made to have babies younger as you generally recover more quickly...

I certainly find people who tell me I'm too young and I should be out enjoying myself incredibly frustrating, because right now I'm enjoying myself more than ever being a mum! So it's not for everyone, but I certainly think there are plenty of people our age who'd make wonderful mums, as I'm sure you all will!

I had my LO at 21 and don't regret ANYTHING.

Acording to my OH im to young at 22, it all depends on peoples perspectives

I know how you feel, I am 21 and OH is 21. I will be getting married in September (I will have turned 22 by then but OH will still be 21, I'm 10 months older - haha love my toyboy!).

I have been with OH 4 years this June, lived with him for many years and we now own our own place and have been here for a year. If I TTC in September I will have LO by the time I am 23.

I always get looks when I say I am getting married, everyone tells me I am too young, or gives me the "you must be crazy" look. To be honest, it isn't any of their business, I am not getting married to please anyone I am getting married and want to TTC because I want to and just because it isn't right for them doesn't mean it isn't right for me. Plus, my doctor told me that 20's is the best time to have children physically, so if anyone asks in future I shall say "My doctor told me to" :haha:

:rofl: Ok sorry rant finished!! I just get enough of it, haha.

It's funny cos no one bats an eyelid when I say I'm TTC in Summer. Must be because I'm already a parent!

Hi I'm 20 and I've been with my OH for almost 4 years (June) and we hope to get married in the next few years (when we can afford it) :thumbup:
WTT in 2013:cry:so looonnnnng away

I'm 18, and OH is 18 as well, and we're planning on getting a flat together in July of this summer, at which point we'll begin NTNP. We are young, but age is only a number. And as you said, when you know you know. It took my OH awhile to decide that he was ready for us to start living together, and to start thinking about starting a family, but he has, and at some point yours will too :) There's nothing wrong with being a young mom.

I'm 23 and DH is 22, but we've been together for almost 7 years (married almost 4). We've been living together for over 3 years and just bought and moved into our first house (4 bedrooms, lots of room for little ones). I graduated college last May and he's in the United States Marine Corps and served one (looooooooong) tour in Iraq and another tour on a Navy aircraft carrier. We've done a lot in our short years and have survived and been totally successful without help from anyone. We were even able to buy two really nice cars after we got married. We don't have any particular plans as to when we want to start ttc (he thinks in a year, I think maybe sooner!). We haven't talked about it with friends or family, mostly because all of my civilian (versus military) friends would think I'm insane because they're still going out to bars and parties. My OH and I have never been into drinking and partying. I'll be 24 in a few months and I think I've been to a bar less than a handful of times.

Everyone is different! Age doesn't necessarily dictate life experiences, maturity, or ability to raise a child. I'm definitely glad that we have waited as long as we have and were able to enjoy each other and our marriage.

OH is going to bootcamp for the US Navy very soon, and we're planning on getting married shortly beforehand, so I guess we're sort of like you and your OH, only a few years behind!

I also agree with your statement:

Everyone is different! Age doesn't necessarily dictate life experiences, maturity, or ability to raise a child. I'm definitely glad that we have waited as long as we have and were able to enjoy each other and our marriage.

I'm 21 and will be getting married in April and ntnp from then. I'll have been with my OH for 4 years on Halloween and I've only had 2 boyfriends before him so I've hardly played the field, as it were, which is what I was expected to do when I started uni! My parents are now getting asked by distant family members who've only just cottoned on to the fact that I'm getting married, even though I've been engaged for over 2 years, if I'm pregnant because I'm "so young" to be getting married! :dohh: I can't imagine what they'd have thought if I gave into my desire to marry my fiance quickly and had a small registry office event when I was 19! It's not how I expected my life to turn out when I was 16 and first thinking about uni applications- then I didn't expect that I would ever be loved again, I felt useless and worthless and unloveable. Now I'm in an amazing relationship and am 100% ready to settle down and have children with my wonderful future husband, instead of being the career driven girl that my parents expected me to be. Age doesn't matter so much as you and your partner being ready, emotionally mainly, to have children.

Beca :wave:

You know what? Im 40 but the going out all night thing was never really my thing! There are thousands of ways to enjoy yourself in life....if you love garage sales...GO for it! Im not much for nights out, Id much rather have a quiet night in with a film and nice meal, or a chat with a friend.....and I take a drama class I love.....everyone is different and thank goodness we are all different! be proud of who you are!

im 18, my oh is 20 and we are WTT/NTNP baby #2, i hate clubbing so not missing out on any thing lol :hugs:

Hiya hun me and fiance have been together nearly 2 yrs and i had Kaitlyn wen i was 20 - it wasnt planned but it the best thing that ever happened :)
OH is 26 and we have our own home - i have only been out once since havin the baby - she stayed at my parents and i woke up 5 mins before she wud normally wake up anyways an i came straight to get her lol - missed her too much!!
Age dont matter hun - i lvoe my baby girl an love my fella and couldnt be much happier :) You will know when your ready x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->