Im 22 and OH is 23. We have a 3 month old little boy, a dog, a house and both work.

I feel like I have done all the crazy clubbing I want to do and have also worked abroad. Me and OH still go out sometimes and we still go on nice holidays every year. To be honest I wouldnt change my life at all! :D

I am 22 and my oh is 32. We have been together 3 1/2 years and lived together for about 3 years!! We are getting married this year and as long as everything is going well (job wise) we are hoping to start TTC after the wedding!!
I can totally understand what you are saying. I also agree with the other ladies that by the time I moved in with my oh I had done my fair share of clubbing and now much prefer lovely holidays and romantic nights in :)

I'm 21 and WTT. If it were solely up to me, I'd be TTC. I've been with OH for 2 years now, living together for a year and a half. I know, we moved in quickly, but when you know

I'm not as young as you (I am 25 and OH is 31) but we also lived together 4 months after meeting (met Jan 2008/moved in April 2008) and started TTC in July 2009. Truthfully, you will get grief no matter what! Everyone seems to butt in no matter what :dohh:

I settled down at 23 and have never been happier. Do what is right for YOU. After all, you only get one life so why waste it trying to meet other people's expectations?

hmm I think I'll chime in from the other end of the spectrum to balance things out :haha: I met my wonderful amazing husband at 34, got married and bought a house at 36 and will be 38 when #1 arrives.

I feel like it's the perfect time; I have a good circle of friends, great career (engineer, team leader, job I love with many responsibilities and good income) . I've traveled extensively, lived in different countries, have fun hobbies etc etc. Funny thing is after 30 I figured I'd be a hardened bacholerette, enjoy my great life and actually being quite shy and an introvert I loved being single and having quiet time to myself. I was cruising along happily.

Then POOF I meet this amazing guy (on an online game, top that =p ) and fall madly in love. We're both really excited for baby #1.

There are many perks to both scenarios - here are the stereotypical answers anyway

having children young :
+ easier pregnancy
+ more flexibility
+ more energy to run after two year olds haha
- less financial/social stability
- requires more planning for studies

having children older:
+ more financial/social stability
+ more wisdom to offer children
+ usually studies done and career/job is well underway
- less energy to chase two year olds (well unless you're fit)
- pregnancy a bit tougher (again fine if you're in shape)

this short article sums up the stereotypes nicely
https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/59419/older_moms_vs_younger_moms.html?cat=25

I know some might snark at this but I remember my 18 year old self and cringe sometimes. I really don't mean to annoy anyone by saying this, but I strongly believe we mature a lot from 18 to 25. Of course everyone is unique ;)

Oh and I still go to clubs and have fun, and love to cuddle on the couch with DH and a good movie. It's the 21st century ladies, as a great lady said, you can have it all (career and family), just not all at the same time ;)

Had my daughter at 19, unplanned. Ideally things would have happened a couple of later for me so I could have been done college and maybe have more money and my own place, hey maybe even be married... but I obviously don't regret having a baby at that age for a second. I had a wonderful pregnancy. I was very ill after having her and thankfully my mom was able to take time off work to help me and spend time with us and was young and able enough to help me A LOT more than she ever should have had to.

Sometimes I am sad that I'm not doing what my friends are doing and I've lost touch with many of them, they were a big part of my life... even the good ones are out living "normal" young person lives. But now I have an entirely new, WONDERFUL and larger part of my life, my daughter... and I can't imagine life without her. Truthfully, you can't even go back, because you realize your friends aren't at your maturity level anymore... I try to avoid going out with them unless it's like a birthday or something big because I would like to remember my friends as awesome people, not people that I went out and had a crappy time with because they are immature and dumb lol.

I'm 19, I came to the US in April last year and ended up staying. I got married in July. We started trying in September and got pregnant first time :) I'm expecting our little girl in June this year.

I've never been one for partying, I hate clubs and I just don't see the point in wasting my life by getting drunk every night, sleeping with guys I don't know and pissing money down the drain - a lot of my friends are doing this right now and it really gets on my nerves to see status updates on FB like "...is sober for the first time in 6 months! Anyone around? I need to get drunk!!" WTF? :shrug:

I'm perfectly happy living in the US with my husband, looking forward to the arrival of our daughter and planning to buy a house :) Seems like a much more worthwhile life if you ask me. :)

xx

I think people pin themselves on a situation, if you were me, then I would say Hell no! but you are not. I would be tempted to say wait a bit, but then I'd be presuming you had as crap taste in men that I did at your age!!

I was by no means a seasoned clubber, I liked going out with friends to pubs etc, but never was in a place to settle down (many crap boyfriends) I would have liked kids, but there was no one special enough for me, until I met DH. But I agree with aliss says, people will but in no matter what! You'll be too young, old, fat, thin, poor, rich - you name it!

If you are doing it for the right reasons, have the means to support a child, are legally old enough and both consent, then really who can argue? Only you can say if you are done partying! It might be at the age of 40 that you decide you like clubbing and want to go out loads, but who can guess that far into the future?

I am 20 (21 in May) and my OH is 23 (24 in March).

We found out I was unexpectedly pregnant when in October 09 then a month later we miscarried, it was awful..

And now, we're waiting, we'd feel ready to TTC if it weren't for the factors of us being young, not being married, etc.

We currently live together in rented accommodation due to our situation, however this is set to change come august, and we're fortunate enough to have enough money tucked away to be able to buy a small house or flat.

It's just our family and friends aren't ready for us to take that step, and I guess we don't want to do it without them.. Though I want a date for it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->