Aggys food diary

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Right im gonna need some help to adjust my diet as i dont know whats good and what isnt so feel free to comment.

Breakfast: Pork Haslet sandwich and glass of strawberry squash and cup of tea with 3 sugars

Lunch: Another pork haslet sandwich and a packet of quavers, cup of water

Dinner: Sausage and mash with onion gravy, glass of strawberry squash and cup of tea with 3 sugars

Snack: 2 slices of toast with vegemite

Other: 2 chocolate lime sweets

For my own reference: https://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/eating.htm

Arcanegirl said:
Right im gonna need some help to adjust my diet as i dont know whats good and what isnt so feel free to comment.

Breakfast: Pork Haslet sandwich and glass of strawberry squash and cup of tea with 3 sugars

Lunch: Another pork haslet sandwich and a packet of quavers, cup of water

Dinner: Sausage and mash with onion gravy, glass of strawberry squash and cup of tea with 3 sugars

Other: 2 chocolate lime sweets

Hmm don't see any veggies in there :wink:

Haslet is really not good as it it full of all sorts of stuff

Lot of sweet stuff as well try cutting your sugar in tea down to 2 maybe

Oh what do i know i was eating cheese on toast at 9.30pm last nught :roll:

:lol:
What about 1 cup of tea a day with 3 sugars? Ive tried 2 sugars, 3 canderel etc and i really dont like it any other way.

Im working on the fruit and veg, i have a hard time trying new things (see post in the fat club) but im trying to sort it

Breakfast: None, wasnt up early enough

Lunch: Pasta and tomato and herb sauce, cup of tea and a glass of squash

Snack at work: Cheese sandwich (in white bread) and cup of water to drink

Dinner: Sausage casserole with cous cous and a cup of tea with 2 sugars

Other: home made bannanna milkshake with one tea spoon of canderel

Erm Idont know what Hasslet is? Im getting some sort of sausage meat?? Can you opt for a low fat meat like a chicken sandwich, or turkey bacon. Also what sort of bread do you eat? If its plain white, its empty refined carbs, you may as well just eat a few more spoons of sugar for all the goodness you get from it. If you dont like brown or wholemeal bread at least try to opt for best of both.

All in all your dieat looks to be lacking in vitamins and minerals, high in sugar and saturated fats.

If you dont like having fruit or veg, can you at least opt for fruit juices instead of squash, as squash again has no nutritional value and is just sugar. But make sure you opt for fresh juice not concentrate, or this is the same as squash.

The haslet is pork with pepper and herbs in, it was eaten in whole grain brown bread (will mention what bread i used in future). I will add chicken and turkey to my shopping list from friday for sandwich fillings. Is it okay to have a sandwich for breakfast if i dont fancy anything else?

The squash i have has no added sugar, is still just as bad? I really dont like water by itself, the only reason i have water at work is because theres nothing else.

Will get fruit juices added to my shopping list too.

Thanks cat :D

If your eating wholegrain bread you could eat it for breakfast as a sanwich as this isnt really a lot differnt from cerial. I tend to eat bread as Im not a huge cerial fan, and have a glass of milk with it too. Its important to make sure your getting calcium in your diet as women are prone to osteoperosis, so milk or yogurts are a good source, cheese is good but high in fat so best to aviod if your dieting. If your eating bread for breakfast make sure you only have wheat products twice a day in total, i.e. dont have bread for breakfast, lunch and then have pasta for dinner. Guten in wheat flour does cause bloating and is one the hardest grains for the body to breakdown and digest.

Nothing wrong with squash esp if sugar free (but a lot then just stick sweetners in which is much the same) just thought if you were struggling on the fruit and veg front a couple of glasses of differnt fruit juices a day would help with your five a day.

How much cheese would be a reasonable amount to have? I buy a 250g block per 2 weeks and it gets used up during that time.

Im not really wanting to loose weight, if i do then that would be great. I just wanted to improve my diet really

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Birds Eye chicken stick sandwich in seeded Granary bread (i know not the best thing to eat but in my defence a certain OH left me with next to nothing in the fridge!). Cup of tea and glass of squash to drink.

Snack at work: Tuna mayonaise sandwich in brown bread, half a packet of quavers and cup of water to drink.

Dinner: Cod fish fingers with potato fritters and baked beans, cup of tea with 2 sugars and squash to drink

Other: 3 chewits sweets

yeah that sort of cheese intake is fine, esp if not actaully dieting.

I dont even want to know what a chicken stick is!

Chicksticks theyre called lol

Says on the packet "Succulent chopped chicken breast fingers coated in breaccrumbs"

Out of interest does it say what percentage is breast meat and what percentage is skin? Formed chicken contains a disturbng amount of chicken skin normally, which is fattening, hence why proper chicken is a lot lower in fat.

Today was a bad day foodwise so im not gonna add anything

Arcanegirl said:
It says theyre 47% chicken breast. No mention of skin

LOL that will be the other 53% then!

So chick sticks no good then? :? i really liked them too :(

We went shopping yesterday and i had a look at fruit juices. I found it very hard to find something that wasnt from concentrate that wasnt stupidly priced.
I have bought 4 cartons, all say from concentrate but what can i do if i cant find any that arent.

Breakfast: Turkey sandwich in brown bread with a glass of tropical fruit juice to drink

Midday snack: Mini pringles and a cup of tea with 3 sugars

Lunch: jacket potato with bakes beans and cheese

Snack: An apple

Dinner: Breaded chicken with carrot and swede mash with gravy and squash to drink

Well today i have managed my 5 a day :D im very proud of myself :D

Edit: ive decided i dont like swede and carrot mash lol, still ate some though so better than none at all

Breakfast: Turkey sandwich in brown bread and a glass of orange juice to drink

Lunch: Scrambled egg and milk to drink

Snack: 2 chocolate snackajacks and a glass of squash

Dinner: Chicken and baked bean casserole containing potatoes and carrots. Cup of tea to drink

Snack: bannana and custard

Breakfast: Chicken sandwich in brown bread with orange juice to drink and a cup of tea for after

Lunch: Another Chicken sandwich in brown bread, half a packet of doritos and a cup of water to drink.

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas with red onions and squash to drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->