Aggys food diary

Hi AG

In regards to the chick-sticks why dont you buy some turkey/chicken bits (from breasts),slice and just dip into an egg and bread-crumbs,I do this for chloe as chicken nuggets (tell her they are veggie tho,lol) and then either deep-fry (I know not good) or bake I am sure you can bake these.

As for juices,I have a juicer and on market day I buy all my fruit cheap,get all the crappy looking stuff (is ok for juicer) and juice it but this is a pain in the wotsit so if you get say Tropicana or equivilent make this is NOT from concentrate and mix it with Value carbonated water make it last longer.

Also when all that stuff is reduced,(get your OH to check as he works in ASDA) buy the juices and chicken reduced and freeze,the juices freeze great and so do innocence,and as they are so expensive I only buy them when either on offer or are reduced lol,I am queen of the bargain ailse.

Dunno if any of this helps but thought I would add my tuppences worth anyway.

Bex

Sorry not been on in the last few days.

Chicksticks, fact is most processed chicken stuff is not a large percentage of actual meat, a lot is skin and connective tissue, flour and water to bulk (hence why they often srink so much in size when they cook) and additives. If you do really want to eat things like this look for the ones the promise 100% breast meat, birds eye I believe are often quite good for this plus they dont tend to add preservatives.

With fruit juices, concentrate is basically squash, its concentrated down to like a syrup consistancy, where its treated to preserve it, its then shipped off and water added to dilute it again and sold, so it contains no real health benefits, hence why its pretty cheap, cause its much the same as squash. If yuo looking for fresh juice you want to be looking in the chiller section thats where all the fresh juices are, cause they are not preserved in the same way as concentrate, you haveto keep it cold. Bexxie is right, tropicana is a pretty cheap fresh juice, generally orange is the cheapest. And bear in mind you dont need to be drinking pints at a time, just a small glass or two a day is all you need.

Breakfast: 2 Turkey sandwiches in brown bread, glass of apple juice and a cup of tea

Lunch: Campbells meatballs and a cup of tea

Dinner: Turkey drummers with potato waffles and baked beans, squash to drink

Other: Cups of water throughout the day, single milky way bar

Tomorrow i shall be getting myself a juicer :D somebody offered one on freecycle so i snapped it up.

Breakfast: Turkey sandwich in brown bread, cup of tea dn glas of apple juice to drink

Lunch: Campbells meatballs witha cup of water to drink

Dinner: Chick sticks, chips and beans

Bugger, ah well lol (not that i was :lol: but thought id ask!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->