Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

hello this is me...im new to this but yes start on the vitex now (unless you are pg) and take it until you ovulate (FF will tell you that) from what i understand it can be harmful if you fall pg thats why some pple stop taking it when they ovulate. oh and then start back on it again on CD1 after you come off it for ovulation

my cycles are sqewy...I hadnt had AF for nearly 4 months, i started on vitex and 1 week later FF told me i had ovulated so i stopped taking it, now AF has arrived :happydance: and i am taking it again, i do not know yet if it will shorten my next cycle to a monthly cycle which is what i want :thumbup: but fxed it does.

hope that kinda helps you :)

hello
my problem is i dont know when i OV...i dont temp (im not strict enough with myself for that) i cant go by my CM as that doesnt ever seem to be much help lol.

is it ok to take it straight through. i know some people do and i was wondering how they get on with it? and because my cycles are all over the place its really hard to know where i am lol :)

I take vitex straight through my entire cycle...but I do forget some days and lately I haven't been taking it since I'm sick. I know you should stop as soon as you get a bfp....

You can take it straight through your cycle, its just dangerous once pregnant.
You mentioned you were trying to regulate your cycle prior to your August wedding, so it sounds like you aren't trying yet but want to try as soon as you get married?
In that case, use it straight through and just use condoms or something so you don't accidentally take it while pregnant.

You can take it at any time as long as you aren't pregnant. Lots of women just start it when they start their period since they know for sure they aren't pg then.

Ok so I am supper excited I posted this morning that I thought I had missed o because of my temps but look at what I just got!!
https://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/MrsPing29/opkcd35002-1.jpg
test is on the left and control on the right

It is only cd 35 which makes my cycle 49 days!! af usually comes on cd 64!!15 days early!!!I am taking 1200mg of the natures way every morning!! This nis the darkest opk I have ever had and it came up within 30 seconds.I always have to wait the full ten minutes. Heres to the 2 week window and my bfp!!

oh wow congrats mrs ping are you off your vitex now? (incase you get pg) or are you gonna wait for FF to confirm ovulation?

Yay Mrs Ping!!! Don't you just love seeing that dark line! I know I do! FX'd that you catch the eggie!

i have never used an ovulation detector thingy...so its never happened to me the only lines ive seen are the BFN's :/

I was so surprise that the line got so dark so quick i was so excited I told dh that this was proud day in history!LOL he said that if he didn't know better he would say that this is the first time i have ovulated!I always show him my pee sticks. I will stop taking my vitex now i already took it this am. they say when you take it you should take all of it first thing in the morning. I recommend if you take three pills like I do to take all three in the morning right before you eat because if you take it on an empty stomach or right after you eat then it gives you the burps and they do not taste so great!
I hope I get my bfp. we got dh's SA results and his count is low really low only 1 million per mil but he has 65% motility and has a 16% normal morphology which from what I gather from research is pretty good just having any sperm present is a miracle for us. Dh had stage 4 cancer when he was 5 so he had major doses of cemo and radiation. But he is schedualed for an ultra sound so they can see if he has a varicocele and in 4 to 8 week another SA! Really Really want my BFP!!

oh wow i bet you are happy he has swimmers at all :) I take my vitex right after dinner before i go to bed...:shrug: i cant remember where but i read something that they recommend taking it before bed as some pple experience headaches etc. from it and so you have the symptoms over night instead of during the day :shrug: it also said that you can have them on an empty stomach...but that it then can make you nauseaus so to have it with food if thats the case so i have it after dinner :thumbup: i havent noticed any burping has anyone had any bad side effects of this stuff?

oh and im only taking 1000mg a day in a 1 tablet form

how about us agnus castus girls introduce ourselves a bit more? are you up for it?

I just want to know Names: Ages: Location: and anything else you want to share, ill go

Name: Emily
I have been married for nearly 2 years we have a gorgeous puppy i have done alot of training with and am ready to share my time with my gorgeous pup and a bub (when it happens) oh something i worry alot about is when i have a bub that my dog will miss out so i plan on being extra vigilant to make sure that doesnt happen (you prob will all think thats a silly worry :()

Well girls, I got a positive OPK today, super dark... but I got the results back from my ultrasound 2 days ago and my follicles were WAY too small :( 1.5cm and 1.7cm... they're supposed to be at least 18 :( :(

oh no is there anything you can do to make them bigger? (is that a stupid question) so what did the dr say about it?

well they usually give you Clomid to get your follicles bigger. I was just on Clomid for 4 cycles but had low progesterone... which now makes me think that it was low because my follicles were not getting big even with the Clomid helping (the dose should have been increased but my doctor wouldnt do it).
My doctor wouldn't order ultrasounds to check my follicle size while on Clomid (a standard practice) so my acupuncturist started ordering the tests my doctor should have.

I feel like I've been putting myself through all this for nothing... cycle after cycle of getting my hopes up, but with follicles way too small to possibly get pregnant :cry:

ok... I'm an idiot :blush: the report says 1.5CM and 1.7CM.... which equals 15mm and 17mm... :dohh:
I'm fine, lol!

wow thats a huge relief!! Glad to hear you got at +++ Guess were in the 2 week window together! how long is your lp? mine ranges from 13 to 16 days!

It takes 2-3 days for my temp to rise after a positive OPK so I'm not quite in the 2ww yet. My LP is usually 12-13 days.. .I messed it up last cycle but its usually 12 days.

I will probably testing on the 18th maybe the 20th if I can hold out long enough then the 22nd!! Good luck!! Wicked lots of Baby Dust All around!!

I test early and often ;) I'll be testing way before then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->