Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

well good luck girls in the 2ww :) fxed you get your bfps :)

You can take it straight through your cycle, its just dangerous once pregnant.
You mentioned you were trying to regulate your cycle prior to your August wedding, so it sounds like you aren't trying yet but want to try as soon as you get married?
In that case, use it straight through and just use condoms or something so you don't accidentally take it while pregnant.

You can take it at any time as long as you aren't pregnant. Lots of women just start it when they start their period since they know for sure they aren't pg then.

Hello
we are trying now have been officially trying since january but have been NTNP since last march. the reason i want to regulate my AF before august is so i hopefully dont get AF on my wedding day lol...i do have some northisterone from the doctor which can postpone AF but i dont really want to do that as i dont know how it will effect OV...if i am due another 75day cycle like last one i am due 2 days after my wedding...dont really wanna risk it lol.
but at least if its some degree of regulation (if it will work by then) i will at least have idea when AF is due and make a decision from there.

It wont be a huge issue if i dont get PG before the wedding...my last baby i started showing at 7 weeks..i have a wedding dress to get into lol.
so im not too concerned about taking them right through as we will probably be too busy worrying about other stuff to worry about :sex: lol.

i was also lucky with my 2 DS i started getting symptoms from a week after conception. i know this for definate with DS2 as i was only 2 weeks PG when i found out lol and i only saw OH everyother weekend so knew when i conceived...IYSWIM?

I am feeling a little deflated today tho...i had a friend call me, we talked the other day and she said how she was trying for a baby, shed run out of the BCP so she decided not to get any more...well shes PG she stopped taking the pill 8 weeks ago had AF 7 weeks ago and is now PG by about 5 weeks :( and shes a bit dissapointed it happened so quick as she has her 30th bday in 2 weeks she cant drink...and she wanted to have a baby after her DD started nursery...plus shes going on holiday and theres a big pool with big slides and she wont be able to go on them!!

id be sooo happy to be in her position ya know! i know i have 2 children but that doesnt stop the yearning!!

Oh my goodnesss...sorry i have rambled some....im good at that lol :D

yes its annoying when it happens so easily for others...i've been off the pill 7 months now...and nada :/

well hope the vitex works to regulate you so you can plan what you want for your wedding :)

I still had my mirena for my wedding (april 2009) so I had no periods at all and didn't have to worry about it.
Are you going on your honeymoon straight afterwards?

at the moment we arent having a honeymoon...sounds daft but we might see whta pennis we get as a present then might take the kids away fro a few days ...so at least i dont have to worry too much about AF after the weedding :D

ok ladies im thinking about taking AC i have pcos and very irregular periods I had a chem last month no af since usually 6 months between af's will AC bring my period on?? and is it supposed to make me ovulate too?? thanks in advance

Kenzies - I only started on AC last month after 3.5 months of no AF after 1 week on vitex FF told me i had O'ved and 2 weeks after that I got AF...I am on my second month of vitex now and wont really know if it has fully worked until i see signs of another O (hopefully sooner than 3 months) not sure on the specifics but vitex has no hormones in it but it helps our bodies hormone making glands to function propperly, which when functionin propperly encourages ovulation...like i said only on my second month but i do believe its worth a shot :)

I took a week's break from Vitex, gonna start it back up again tomorrow. My spotting got a little heavier a few days ago and it has lightened back up again, but it is still going on which is pretty frustrating. I'm not sure whether to call this a period or not...I just hope the spotting stops completely soon as I'm going on vacation to the beach next week and I don't want to be bleeding then!

wanting how come you took a break? (just curious)

wanting how come you took a break? (just curious)

Mostly because I went out of town for a couple of days last Wednesday and forgot to bring it with me. :dohh: When I got home I couldn't even find where I put it!! Double :dohh: I got my new bottle from drugstore.com today, so I'm planning on restarting it tomorrow.

I've been taking it for a little over a month and I've read a couple different places that it's a good idea to take a short break every now and then anyway, so I decided to let it be an even week.

yeah well my plan is to stop taking it when i O and start up again on CD1 :) so that will be my break

Yeah, I stopped my vitex when I o'd.
Hasn't helped my progesterone levels any... having some very pathetic temperatures here..

lisa sorry your chart looks ok to me...whats wrong with it? are u talking about the ups and downs?

Its my first cycle off Clomid... my pre-O temps have been higher than they were with the Clomid. I'm also having low temps post-O... the only high one (97.7) was when I messed up on my temp and took it an hour late and had gotten up to pee 3 hours before etc. I've had one cycle where my temps were this low but I also had a lower progesterone level on that cycle.

Just worrying, you know?

yep, i've never checked my progesterone...what do you think my chart says?

ok so i ovulated 10 day early due to AC so now it is 5 dpo today and i have noticed that my boobs hurt a supper lost more then usual.and they are much bigger and feel realy heavy. I have also noticed that my chart look really different the temp are not as high as hey usualy are.I am testing on fathers Day! Good Luck To everyone for a BFP!

hello ladies.
well im CD17 and have been taking the vitex since CD11 (im hoping it doesnt matte that it wasnt CD1 as i didnt have a chance to get any b4 then but i didnt want to wait till CD1 again as that could be 3 months away.
Ive been getting more headaches which i think is down to the AC but im not too bothered they arent unbearable.

im not sure if theyre doing anything to help as im not sure if ive OV'd yet. but who knows lol i'll just keep taking them and see what happens.
I hope that in 2-3 weeks i will get AF but im not hopeful about that :(

hope youre all doing well x

:wave: thisisme :) fxed it works to bring O and then AF for you as i believe it did for me...i didnt start on CD 1 first time round either

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->