Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

sorry mrs ping im still learning the whole chart thingy...maybe could you be pg? that might explain the low temps? not to sure though sorry

Hi girls. Just took my first 2 Agnus Castus tablets :)

Hoping it will bring back and regulate my periods. I haven't had a period since November!!!

I have pcos but got to wait 3 months before gynae will see me and precribe anything so thought AC might so some good for me. Crossing all of my fingers anyway.

So good to join you ladies and look forward to chatting more :D

Have a quick question girls.... as i have no periods yet and this is my first day... how long do i take it for? Do i take it continously until i come on? Or do i take it for just a few days? HELP??

Should have thought about this before lol... x

hi rach and bumby :)

I have been on vitex for 2 weeks, from what i understand the best way to go about it is to start taking it from CD1 until you Ovulate. I am BBT charting on fertility friend and 1 week after i started on vitex my chart says i have ovulated, so i am not taking any more until CD1 comes around :) hope that helps you somewhat. You can also just keep taking it till you find out your pg (i think can be harmful to bub is why you should stop at ovulation)

oh and i didnt start it on CD1 first time round as i hadnt had AF since February :cry: hoping AF or BFP is on the way now though :happydance:

7dpo for me ladies, how are you all doing?

Think we need a bit of a roll call!!

CD7 here.. no noticable effects from the vitex so far. We'll see what it does for me.

I'm starting to feel frustrated because I've been feeling like AF is going to arrive off and on for a couple of weeks now...I've had cramping, spotting, bloating, etc. and have felt like I always feel right before I start, plus I'm extremely emotional. But AF still hasn't arrived. The cramping is pretty intense at times and I think I'm going to drive DH and myself crazy if I keep crying at the drop of a hat like I've been doing. I am *thinking* of taking Vitamin C to see if it will help induce AF.

you're not pg are you wanting?? 8 DPO for me :) im looking forward to AF as its been 3 months haha or a BFP..im easy :p

you're not pg are you wanting?? 8 DPO for me :) im looking forward to AF as its been 3 months haha or a BFP..im easy :p

I tested a couple of days ago with an IC and it was a BFN. If I do decide to take the Vitamin C I'll definitely test again beforehand. I've never wanted AF to arrive so badly!!

I hear ya :) fxed you get an answer either way, and soon

Dont really feel any different, although only started taking it 2 days ago lol. However i do feel a bit bloated and hugnry all the time. I am sure i can feel somehing down there. Just like things moving? lol quite wierd but am hoping my ovaries are getting the shock they need for the first period in 7 months :(

What does vit c do alongside AC?
I am taking pregnacare conception aswell, is this okay?

Anyone close to testing this month?

well im 8dpo (i think vitex brought on my ovulation 1 week after starting it) and either AF is on the way or a BFP will let you know how i go

Bugger. Turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't tested so early. Sigh! Oh well, at least it means I can get pregnant I suppose. Hope the rest of you are doing okay. x

Dont really feel any different, although only started taking it 2 days ago lol. However i do feel a bit bloated and hugnry all the time. I am sure i can feel somehing down there. Just like things moving? lol quite wierd but am hoping my ovaries are getting the shock they need for the first period in 7 months :(

What does vit c do alongside AC?
I am taking pregnacare conception aswell, is this okay?

Anyone close to testing this month?

Vitamin C in a high dose can induce your period. You have to be careful to make absolutely certain you aren't pregnant before you take it because if you are it can cause a miscarriage.

I'm sorry about the chemical, Bonsai...but like you said, at least you know you CAN get pregnant.

I started bleeding a little last night but it seems to have stopped now. My body can't seem to make up its mind on what it wants to do!

I am going to have to order another bottle of Femaprin because I left it out on the table yesterday when I went out for a little while, and when I came home, I found the chewed up bottle and all the pills scattered on the floor. Apparently my beagle thought it would make a tasty snack. I don't think she actually ate any but a lot of the pills had teeth marks in them.

Bugger. Turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't tested so early. Sigh! Oh well, at least it means I can get pregnant I suppose. Hope the rest of you are doing okay. x

So sorry for you hun..:hugs: but like you say, at least you can fall pregnant :) Just need a really sticky bean. fxed for you next month

Vitamin C in a high dose can induce your period. You have to be careful to make absolutely certain you aren't pregnant before you take it because if you are it can cause a miscarriage.

I'm sorry about the chemical, Bonsai...but like you said, at least you know you CAN get pregnant.

I started bleeding a little last night but it seems to have stopped now. My body can't seem to make up its mind on what it wants to do!

I am going to have to order another bottle of Femaprin because I left it out on the table yesterday when I went out for a little while, and when I came home, I found the chewed up bottle and all the pills scattered on the floor. Apparently my beagle thought it would make a tasty snack. I don't think she actually ate any but a lot of the pills had teeth marks in them.

Thanks very much hun :thumbup: how higher dose are we talking? Just vitamin c off the shelf? Double dose or something?
I could really do with a period right now. Need to get things going asap. 7 months is driving me nuts lol.

Can i also ask, Femaprin is Agnus Castus right??
I just started taking AG from holland & barret but have just read it contains a lot of other cr@p to bulk it out.
Would you recommend this instead of H&B AC?
Am thinking of buying some and replacing them with the ac i've already started. If they are worth it lol.

How quickly do they dispatch to you?
x

CD7 here.. no noticable effects from the vitex so far. We'll see what it does for me.

Exactly the same for me! Keeping my fingers crossed I O earlier than CD17 or 18!!

:haha: Even on Clomid I ovulated cd17.. its still in the 'normal' range so don't worry too much. It does mean you'll have longer cycles than 28 days and would have fewer tries, but its still a fine time for ovulation.

Got my FSH checked at CD3 (I started the Vitex CD1) and had a 5.8! My doctor thinks I will definitely ovulate on my own without the Clomid with a nice solid number like that...we'll just have to see though.

Thanks very much hun :thumbup: how higher dose are we talking? Just vitamin c off the shelf? Double dose or something?
I could really do with a period right now. Need to get things going asap. 7 months is driving me nuts lol.

Can i also ask, Femaprin is Agnus Castus right??
I just started taking AG from holland & barret but have just read it contains a lot of other cr@p to bulk it out.
Would you recommend this instead of H&B AC?
Am thinking of buying some and replacing them with the ac i've already started. If they are worth it lol.

How quickly do they dispatch to you?
x

I think the recommended dose to induce a period is 3000 mg either taken all at once or divided into two doses of 1500 mg. I will have to double check this. It is supposed to help bring on a period within 24 hours or so but from what I've read the cramping can be pretty intense.

Femaprin has Vitex and Vitamin B6 in it. This is the only type of Vitex I've tried so I can't really compare to any other brands. I ordered mine from drugstore.com and got it in about a week.

Exactly the same for me! Keeping my fingers crossed I O earlier than CD17 or 18!!

:haha: Even on Clomid I ovulated cd17.. its still in the 'normal' range so don't worry too much. It does mean you'll have longer cycles than 28 days and would have fewer tries, but its still a fine time for ovulation.

Got my FSH checked at CD3 (I started the Vitex CD1) and had a 5.8! My doctor thinks I will definitely ovulate on my own without the Clomid with a nice solid number like that...we'll just have to see though.

Yeah, CD17 really isn't that bad, except for the fact that my LP can be as short as 8 days. Kinda hoping I'll O earlier so my LP can be longer, and keep my entire cycle at a normal length around 28 days! Is that too much to ask of my reproductive system? :rofl:

I'm taking all sorts of things hoping it will help... Just this month started on baby aspirin, B6, and Vitex and going to the chiropractor. In addition to the things I've been taking for a while -- B100 Complex, Omega 3/6/9, prenatal vitamin, and Red Raspberry Leaf. I think that's it. :wacko:

So sorry Bonsai! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->