Alcohol and pregnancy

With regards to the OP . yes that situation is stupid and very wrong.

I had the odd glass of wine when i was pregnant and i see nothing wrong with the odd drink, my daughter is perfectly healthy.

To say that there is something wrong with you and you are ignorant if you have the odd drink whilst pregnant is infact ingnorant in itself

I agree with you PP, the odd glass here and there I think is fine. I mean I had sushi and peanut butter and hot baths, etc. Babies being born in alcohol not amniotic fluid, now that is child abuse. Sadly, people do get drunk when they are pregnant. Like I said I have 3 foster sisters all with FAS and they have 11 kids in their family, all but 2 have it. The mom drank for 9 pregnancies. :(

I do think that your friends comments are really quite irresponsible.

I didn't find out with this pregnancy till 7 or 8 weeks (I cant remember which) and Halloween was within that time where I drank a bottle of wine as I'm a silly student :blush: then I had a friends birthday where I drank 2 glasses of wine and I do feel guilty about it now as I did drink in excess...I was on the pill so assumed that I wouldn't be pregnant.

I have had a sip of my OH's lager since being pregnant but that was a week ago and I was 24 weeks pregnant...thats all I've had. I'd love a glass of wine now and again but that sip of lager gave me a huge headache and instant heartburn so I'll pass.

i resent the comments about people who drink being bad parents who shouldnt be allowed to conceive. i drank when i was pg, i'm not proud of it, but i had a big problem. i felt shit for doing it. i'd never have bragged about it and i didnt drink in public.

thankfully my little lady's fine, i'd have never forgiven myself if something was wrong. i now dont even touch a drop. i dont need it any more.

christ, i remember posting when i was in 2nd tri in a thread about alcohol sayin yes i do drink and sayin i expected to be lynched for it. and people saying they respected me for being honest.

Doctors and other professionals have different opinions on alcohol during pregnancy. Some say that it's okay to have the equivalent of a beer once or twice a week, some say it's fine to have one every day or so! I've had a few sips since I've been pregnant, but given that I was at the very least on the verge of alcoholism before I knew I was pregnant, I think I've done wonderfully.

That's just fine for her if she wants to have a baby with FAS and explain to that child and everyone else how it was her own selfishness that garnered that result.

i resent the comments about people who drink being bad parents who shouldnt be allowed to conceive. i drank when i was pg, i'm not proud of it, but i had a big problem. i felt shit for doing it. i'd never have bragged about it and i didnt drink in public.

thankfully my little lady's fine, i'd have never forgiven myself if something was wrong. i now dont even touch a drop. i dont need it any more.

christ, i remember posting when i was in 2nd tri in a thread about alcohol sayin yes i do drink and sayin i expected to be lynched for it. and people saying they respected me for being honest.

I know what you mean. I wasn't proud of what I did. I did not start drinking until my daughter died 19 days before her first birthday. And no I never drank while I was pregnant with her. I read the comment about someones friends baby dying from SIDS on here. If they could say for sure the alcohol caused it, it would not be called SIDS. You can't really speculate on whether alcohol was a factor or not. I have seen women who never smoked or drank lose their baby's just the same and vice versa who have perfectly healthy babies. Alcohol certainly isn't safe on any level. I wish I had never done it, and I didn't loaded either like a fish.

This is a very touchy subject! lol. I think your friend needs a good slap too, for advertising that she is going to get pissed whilst carrying a baby, also for doing it but i think her comments are disgraceful! If she really needed or sorry wanted a drink that bad, she didnt have to tell everyone! It sounds as though she isnt happy or she is just stupid! Cant work it out!

I personally dont think theres any harm in having a glass of wine or 2 now and then and I do occasionally now im over 14 weeks, but i would never get pissed and tell the world about it. I would be ashamed.

You are not over reacting though, everyone will be talking about her posting those comments, she is a silly girl!

:hugs: xx

But see, the difference is you knew it was wrong. Dont worry! x

I have a drink every now and then, but stick to a glass of wine at a time and no more. I didn't drink at all in the first trimester. I don't think it's a problem, but women who drink like fishes and smoke like chimneys when they're pregnant make me very very angry. Especially if they think that there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

What really winds me up is the people who know the risks and just do it anyway!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->