alcohol

With both my pregnancies I have been pregnant on my birthday, and I love wkd, so during a meal I have had 1 wkd. So for me personally I felt it was fine. My sister had a right go at me...she's now pregnant and surprise surprise I've seen her drink a wkd haha
While pregnant with me my mum was told by a doctor to have a pint of Guinness a day due to seriously low iron levels haha
I'd say half a beer will be fine, but it's personally preference seen as there's so much conflicting evidence out there.
It's not like u are going to have 10 beers!

I personally wouldn't, 'if' anything went wrong you'd never forgive yourself and 9 months without a drink isn't hard when you see you beautiful healthy baby at the end of it.

If she was asking if it's ok to down a bottle of vodka then I'd understand the "if something went wrong" attitude.
Yes it's best not to, like it would be best if we all eat really healthy during pregnancy and didn't touch any sort of processed foods, or do anything else that's bad for us.
It's half a beer the op is asking about, by all means we are here to give opinions, but I think the dramatics aren't needed.

With both my pregnancies I have been pregnant on my birthday, and I love wkd, so during a meal I have had 1 wkd. So for me personally I felt it was fine. My sister had a right go at me...she's now pregnant and surprise surprise I've seen her drink a wkd haha
While pregnant with me my mum was told by a doctor to have a pint of Guinness a day due to seriously low iron levels haha
I'd say half a beer will be fine, but it's personally preference seen as there's so much conflicting evidence out there.

Haha no way!! My Mums Doctor told her this too about Guinness!! And I turned out okay.. Well actually I haven't as I have bipolar lol x

Thanku it was just this one time and I didnt even drink it all lol. Xxxx

Haha no way!! My Mums Doctor told her this too about Guinness!! And I turned out okay.. Well actually I haven't as I have bipolar lol x

Hahaha I shouldn't laugh, but the way you worded your post has me in stitches!
I don't have bipolar, so maybe the Guinness isn't the blame lol

Alcohol should be avoided during pregnancy, weather your three weeks ten weeks or 40 weeks. Would you feed your new born baby alcohol? If the answers no then I'd stay clear of the stuff, personally I would not touch it it's not worth the risk and just because people drink alcohol when they don't realise their pregnant, doesn't make it ok.

I've read a lot on alcohol and it can increase a chance of miscarriage so why bother? Why take the risk?

Everyone is different at the end of the day but me, personally, I will live without it until my baby is born healthy into this world :)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/alcohol-medicines-drugs-pregnant.aspx#close

Please take a read of the link I've provided.

This isnt even the same thing. I wouldn't give my new born baby steak, potatoes, or just about anything other than formula. That does not mean I won't have those things while pregnant. I never understood that arguement

Alcohol should be avoided during pregnancy, weather your three weeks ten weeks or 40 weeks. Would you feed your new born baby alcohol? If the answers no then I'd stay clear of the stuff, personally I would not touch it it's not worth the risk and just because people drink alcohol when they don't realise their pregnant, doesn't make it ok.

I've read a lot on alcohol and it can increase a chance of miscarriage so why bother? Why take the risk?

Everyone is different at the end of the day but me, personally, I will live without it until my baby is born healthy into this world :)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/alcohol-medicines-drugs-pregnant.aspx#close

Please take a read of the link I've provided.

This isnt even the same thing. I wouldn't give my new born baby steak, potatoes, or just about anything other than formula. That does not mean I won't have those things while pregnant. I never understood that arguement

It's my opinion at the end of the day :)

It's really not that difficult to understand.

Nutrients are nutrients regardless of the form or delivery. Whether you consume nutrients that are passed onto the baby through the placenta, or you offer them once the baby is born via formula, it's all the same ball of wax.

On the flip side of that alcohol is alcohol. Alcohol is a class 1 carcinogen, and class 1 carcinogens are class 1 carcinogens regardless of form or delivery. Whether you consume alcohol while a baby is in the womb and the baby is subjected to the carcinogen's through the placenta, or you hand a baby a bottle filled with beer and they're subjected to the carcinogen that way, it's all the same ball of wax.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

Nutrients are nutrients regardless of the form or delivery. Whether you consume nutrients that are passed onto the baby through the placenta, or you offer them once the baby is born via formula, it's all the same ball of wax.

On the flip side of that alcohol is alcohol. Alcohol is a class 1 carcinogen, and class 1 carcinogens are class 1 carcinogens regardless of form or delivery. Whether you consume alcohol while a baby is in the womb and the baby is subjected to the carcinogen's through the placenta, or you hand a baby a bottle filled with beer and they're subjected to the carcinogen that way, it's all the same ball of wax.

You can try to say it anyway you want. But trying to say not to consume something you would not give to your baby is not a valid argument. Babies aren't supposed to have dairy till they are a year old so does that mean we should all avoid milk?

And for the record, I do not drink. Nothing. Not a drop. So this is not me trying to make excuses cause I am drinking. If you guys want to say straight up do not consume alcohol during pregnancy cause that baby gets it, then that is fine. Its just the whole comparing to what you would/would not give to a baby does not make sense

I agree. It's like saying you wouldn't give your baby heroine so why have an epidural.
It doesn't really make a valid argument

It's my opinion at the end of the day :)

It's really not mere opinion though love, it's basic biology 101 and fact so please don't feel bad for stating it. Someone can try to argue what's already been proven over and over and over again, but at the end of the day they can't deny what's already incredibly well studied and long since known :thumbup:

Alcohol is a carcinogen. Class 1 because it HAS been studied and proven to be that level of damaging without a shadow of a doubt.

Calling it opinion would be like claiming it was mere opinion to say the earth was round lol

I agree. It's like saying you wouldn't give your baby heroine so why have an epidural.
It doesn't really make a valid argument

Exposure to heroin is actually safer to a developing fetus than alcohol is.

Again, that's not opinion, it's fact.

Epidurals aren't even on the same planet in comparison so I'm not sure why you're attempting to compare apples to oranges?

Heroin....epidural? Please! :rofl:

Alcohol is dangerous in pregnancy. End of. :)

You can try to say it anyway you want. But trying to say not to consume something you would not give to your baby is not a valid argument. Babies aren't supposed to have dairy till they are a year old so does that mean we should all avoid milk?

And for the record, I do not drink. Nothing. Not a drop. So this is not me trying to make excuses cause I am drinking. If you guys want to say straight up do not consume alcohol during pregnancy cause that baby gets it, then that is fine. Its just the whole comparing to what you would/would not give to a baby does not make sense

I'm not "trying" to say anything "anyway" I want.

I'm simply stating fact.

Nutrients are nutrients. We derive nutrients from food, drink, formula, IV lines, vitamins, via the placenta etc.

Carcinogens are carcinogens. We derive carcinogens from drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, breathing in chemicals, being exposed to pollution etc.

The form and delivery does not negate the element.

Aye aye aye.

There isn't enough research to know exactly how much of the alcohol actually crosses over to the placenta, but it certainly isn't the entire amount. We're talking TRACE amounts here, not ounces.

There are plenty of studies that show drinking in moderation is safe. There are others that claim to be unable to prove the safety. So, as always, it comes down to YOUR preference and what you are comfortable with.

One study even found children of occasional drinkers had LESS behavioral problems than mothers that abstained and perform BETTER on cognitive tests.

https://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2023984,00.html

No one is saying that it's a good idea to get drunk, or have a drink every day, but having half a beer or even a full beer or glass or wine every once in a while hasn't shown to be damaging, and it CERTAINLY should have no reflection on if the mother is a "good person" or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->