Alcohol??

ChuggaBump

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this area of the site, and I just posted this in the TTC section but realised it's probably better to ask it here, because I am technically NTNP (but finding it hard to stay relaxed about it!)

I think I ovulated at the weekend so I don't know if I'm pregnant (but obviously I'm hoping so!!)

I have a hen do this weekend and wedding the one after, and I don't want any awkward questions about why I'm not drinking, so just wondering if it's okay for me to have a couple of glasses of wine, or whether this will a) affect my chances of getting pregnant and b) affect the baby if I am already?

:shrug:

Thanks!

Well, it had better not, because I just got my BFP this morning, and I wasn't abstemious at Christmas!

The umbilical cord doesn't form for a couple of weeks, so the embryo is not attached to your system until then. Obviously, you should drink as little as possible, but 1-2 should be minimizing the risk significantly.

I drank, unknowingly, before I got my BFP with my first DS he was a 'suprise' to say the least! Anyway, when I visted the midwife I was panicing (as I was a smoker also) and she said to honestly not worry but obviously not to carry on said drinking and smoking xx Have fun but don't go mental...it could be your last couple of vinos for a while afterall ;)

Oooo and get yourself some cokes and if anyone asks you can say you have got a spirit in there!! ;-)

I am also NTNP (Wow, Before I came on these forums I didn't even know there was a term for what me and my fiance are doing, much less a lot of other people doing it ^-^, it makes me happy)
So, back to the subject, I am not drinking at all, I did at xmas, but since me and my fiance decided to stop using contraception I decided not too anymore. The only time I really drink is wine at family dinners, I am kind of anxious now at how they will react when I repeatedly say ''I don't feel like drinking tonight''

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->