Alex's Assessment today

AP

Reaction score
I'm typing this up because I know I might forget the actual point of going to this in the first place :dohh: and u know me, i'll prob start ranting about something!!

Generally assessments here aren't done til 2 years old (corrected) but Alex isn't 2 actual age until June. However, neonatal have decided to see her early.

I argued this with the doctor who's seeing her today and the doc that seen her at her 6 monthly check up, and they both say that this way we can work out if she needs early intervention for anything - it hasnt been clear if Alex needs assistance with anything. :shrug: and if needed we can do another assessment in September

So I've agreed.

DH is taking her, as I'll need to have Tori (i have the boobies ;) ) sO i wont see what happens. Nervous though!
Alex must have known this was coming and her walking has come on leaps and bounds in the last week!

Eeeep!

Good luck - I'm sure Alex will show them what she can do! x

Good Luck and i hope Alex proved them wrong and shows them what a little star she is x

Thanks girls!

Alex did great, the doc suggested me and Tori come in too. I explained I didn't want to put Alex off but the doc insisted. Tori fed and fell asleep anyways :)

The doc pulled out loads of toys, spoons, cups, bangles (Foo's Abby would be lovin it :rofl:) and wanted to see what she did with them, and her reactions,Alex being Alex, her first reaction to most toys was chuck them on the floor :rofl:
I was impressed how Alex sat in the chair most of the appointment without a wobble.

It was stress free tbh, and we were proud of her.

The doc at first look thinks Alex might be 'slow' but is progressing well. Something which ive always known really but im not going to sit and compare her to the term babies we shared our journey with on BnB, i stopped that a long time ago. Alex will do tjings in her own time :shrug:

So the doc will add up her 'score' and discuss this with the neonatal doctor, and see if we need intervention or 'start sending her to a playgroup' :shock: She pointed out having Tori would be beneficial to Alex too (told ya, MIL! :mamafy:)

Glad it went ok.

You not keen on her going to a play group?

Lozzy hun im an Alex hogger. Seriously, i need to get over it or i'll be in her primary classes with her :rofl:

Hi Sb - I got really nervous before our first follow up and I'm sure this will only increase at each further 6 month one. Really glad all went well with your LO today.

Lmao, well for the best of both worlds how about the surestart stay and play (well thats what ther are called in my area) That way she gets to watch (and thus learn) and play with other children and you can still keep an eye on her?

Oooh im liking that lozzy? Thank u hun, will look into that! X

Glad it went well. These things really aren't anything to worry about, it genuinely is about seeing if any other help is needed.

When we saw the consultant about Abby's CP at the end of March, they did the two year assessment. Turns out she doesn't need a speech therapist......:haha:

Alex will continue to wow you all and it really makes no difference whether it is at 18 months or 24 months or 36 months, the fact she is doing any of it is bladdy amazing.

You will need to stop hogging her though!

Saying that, there is no reason she HAS to go to playgroup. If you don't want her to, don't force it on you or her.

Holly's first month in nursery as actually halted her development as she has been sick and too tired to do much! Once she is all better I will let you know if I think it has helped her development in anyway.

The one good thing it has done is get her used to other babies as she hadn't been around them much before only older children & adults. Took her a wee while to adjust but now they play together. (Well as much as babies can interact :haha:)

We should arrange a day at a soft play centre somewhere for us Scottish mums and any others who want to travel :winkwink:

I do know interaction with her fellow preemie Lily (her mum used to be on bnb) helps. Alex was with Lily the weekend Tori was born and we do 'see' a difference. We do need to get out and about more, even if it isnt playgroup, then something like soft play and all,

25weeker id be up for that, defo!
(my votes in for taking over Monkey Business :rofl:)

Foo i blame the MIL :rofl: everythings her fault.

Me hoggin alex - her fault
It rains - her fault
Jacko died - her fault

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly