All about highchairs

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
What highchair do you have any why?

Would you recommend it?

Have you tried a particular highchair and not liked it, if so why?

What features would you recommend / say are unecessary in a highchair.

As you can tell, I am soon to purchase a highchair and need some reviews!

Thank you :flower:

bump

I'm assuming someone here has a highchair!

i think a cheap one will do,the only feature i wish mine had is a reclining back but i wouldnt spend alot of money on one,your only gunna use it for abit then will start puttin them at the table on a booster seat

I posted this in the best buys thread a few days back,

The Ikea Antilop Highchair

I would just like to let all parents know that this is the best (and cheapest) highchair I have found on the market. At only £10.99 this plastic highchair and £4 for the tray it is easy to clean, hygeinic, comfortable and allows your child to sit up to the table if you don;t want to use the detachable tray. Takes 5 mins to put together and the legs are detachable for storage. I can't believe that people and myself are sucked into paying up to £120 for a highchair that does exactly the same but are not as easy to keep clean or are too bulky. Before I bought mine i spent around £70 on a fisher price highchair that is not nearly as good, it reclinces, (i dont see the point as i always put my boy in his bed at home or the pram to sleep if we are out) but it is more like a lazyboy chair and has not helped my son to sit by himself, i took it back to argos and told a fib said it was faulty, got a refund and bought myself a shark steam mop(that is fab but i will let you all in on that one later) so I would just like to let everyone know how great the ikea highchairs are and to save your money.

ps my boy is a big lad and its not flimsy at all, hope this helps you choose:flower:

The pic of him with the bannana in my avatar pic is the fisherprice one and here is a link to the ikea one https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00069725/ and it has only been a few weeks since we got the ikea chair and he is virtually sitting unaided :)

Fisher price good points = none
bad points = hard to clean, tray is really bulky and to many crevisis to clean, i mean why would a small baby need a cup holder space in the tray? massive says it folds but you cannot call what it does folding and finally i was always stumping my toes on it!

Ikea chair bad points = they dont deliver to the house and it was a treck to pick one up
Good points = nice and compact, easy to clean, small removable tray and bonus i dont stump my toes on it. You can also buy an inflatable kind of pillow thingy for when baby is unable to sit to help them stay upright but my boy was too big to use this by the time we got our chair.

Where did i hear of this chair, well my childminder was using it to feed Freddie his lunch when i picked him up early one day and i was amazed at how well he was feeding in it and how better his sitting position was, it made me realise how rubbish my fisher price hygine chair really was!

We've got the Ikea high chair and the inflatable insert and althouh we haven't started weaning yet, she sits in it while we eat or if I'm cooking in the kitchen and she loves it.

I can see how it being easy to clean will be a real plus point, having weaned three children before, food gets stuck in all sorts of places!

I completely agree with the above; someone bought us a mothercare picnic highchair and I have never used it and cannot get rid of it for anything-because everyone wants or has the ikea highchair now lol. The ikea highchair is great, the tray gets scratched a bit easily but a new one is only £4 and all ikea stores have loads in stock so no having to send off for a new tray or anything like that. If it gets too dirty I stick it in the bath (we have a shower over our bath and the highchair just about fits in it) xx

hi, i had a nightmare choosing a high chair- too much choice!

In the end i went with the bright starts dotti baby

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3762369/Trail/searchtext>HIGHCHAIR.htm

Its great, it is height adjustable and reclines. its comfy and cleans well, thumbs up from me! x

Another vote for the Ikea one here.. Doesn't recline (although not sure why you need that feature on a highchair anyway). Really easy to clean, roomy and cheap. Every person who has been in our house has commented on how good it is. :)

I've got the mamas and papas zest highchair it's £79, has a basket underneath for toys ect, folds away nicely has a reclining seat. A removable tray. And 5 different height levels. I will be buying the ikea highchair for when I look after my friends little girl x

Another thumbs up for ikea, we had a graco chair which was ok but hard to clean, huge and Flynn always looked slumped over, we went to ikea last week for a look round and were considering getting the antilop as a second chair for grandmas house, while there we went to the cafe for lunch and Flynn recently has a thing for being out of his buggy while we eat out, obviously ikea cafes have antilop highchairs (good marketing idea really) we sat him in it and he loved it, sat up much better than he usually does, we bought one and now the graco chair is at grandmas for occasional use, I don't have much space so pop the legs off and shove it on top of a cupboard.
I you get an ikea family card (it's free and simple) you get money off certain items and can get the antilop and tray for £10! Also with the card you get free tea an coffee in the cafe.
I love it and if they had had ten in stock I have got another one but they said they are so sought after at the moment that they are struggling to keep up.

Another big thumbs up for the Ikea Antilop chair here.

We originally had the Chicco Polly and the nicest thing I can say about that is that it was pretty - and that I sold it on eBay at no loss since I got it in the sale. An absolute arse to clean once finger foods started, not as compact as they make out in the bump and far too many nooks and crannies for food to get trapped in, including bizarrely on the tray where only a coctail stick could get into the groove around it to get the mush out.

For a tenner, the Antilop is far superior in terms of hygeine and space. Okay it doesn't fold down, but the legs pop out and make it small enough to take on holidays, etc easily. The whole thing is currently living on the top shelf of a cupboard waiting for this baby to use it - the Polly even at is smallest folded setting would have been cluttering up the loft right now.

I bought the fisherprice healthy care highchair and I wish I hadn't. Waste of money, far too big and bulky and annoying to clean. Really wish I had got the Ikea one :(

We live in an apartment where space is an issue so a highchair wasn't even an option. We bought 2 different things that serve our purpose brilliantly. The first is what I use at home which is the Mamas & Papas snug https://theshoppingmama.com/2011/07/mamas-and-papas-baby-snug-review/ He has been sitting in it comfortably since 2.5months old and it comes with a detachable tray. It sits on top of our dining room table, on the couch, anywhere.

The other is the brilliant Inglesina Fast table chair. It attaches to the edge of any table and my LO has been sitting in it without complaint since 4months old. It's so reliable and the best part is it folds and fits in my diaper bag so we can take it anywhere. We don't have to worry about finding a place for LO to sit at a restaurant or when visiting someone's home. I highly recommend it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ArJbhLra-U

Another vote for the Ikea one here.. Doesn't recline (although not sure why you need that feature on a highchair anyway). Really easy to clean, roomy and cheap. Every person who has been in our house has commented on how good it is. :)

You're right, if you're weaning when your baby can sit up quite well unaided or with little support; there is absolutely no need for a reclining feature xx

I have to admit, I find the reclining feature useful on our chair when I'm giving Maria her vitamin D drops after dinner.

I gently tilt his head back with my hand while giving him vitamin drops; he really doesn't mind it xx

Maria fights me like crazy if I do that :dohh:

hi, i had a nightmare choosing a high chair- too much choice!

In the end i went with the bright starts dotti baby

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3762369/Trail/searchtext>HIGHCHAIR.htm

Its great, it is height adjustable and reclines. its comfy and cleans well, thumbs up from me! x

Hi, I have the same highchair from Argos and I love it! It does all the things the expensive chairs do but costs alot less! My lo eats happily in it and often sleeps in it too so I'm guessing she likes it too!

I bought the fisherprice healthy care highchair and I wish I hadn't. Waste of money, far too big and bulky and annoying to clean. Really wish I had got the Ikea one :(

Me too, i dont know whats healthy about it because its a nightmare to clean, i took mine back and said the adjustable seat was faulty:blush: lil fib there but i got my money back:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->