All day nausea...

Misscalais

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so I've got all day nausea and I'm struggling with it. I've vomited three mornings so far and I feel better for an hour or so then it creeps back up on me and doesn't go away till I'm asleep.
Nothing ever worked to relieve it when I was pregnant with my boys, how do you deal with it? What can I do ( other than the normal ginger, small meals, prescription meds ) etc cause none of them work for me :(
I'm so happy to be pregnant and trying to embrace the sickness but its getting a little much.
Any advice would be appreciated xo

Hi lady.. I'm just now starting to have the nausea be off and on. Still puking randomly but it's def calmed down... Thank god!!! Unfortunately nothing really worked for me. I was having one of my bad days yesterday and this woman I work with put dill pickle juice in a dippy cup with a straw, handed it to me and told me to drink it.. I did not want anything to do with it. It sounded gross but I took a quick sip just b/c I felt cad ( she was just trying to help) I gotta tell you, it was so soothing and calmed the nausea way down. Try it. It can't hurt

Thanks Hun! Ill give anything a try at this point lol :)

Dill pickle juice is the same thing they use in gripe water, which is why it probably helped. :)

Dill pickle juice is the same thing they use in gripe water, which is why it probably helped. :)

Eurgh I hate morning sickness :(

My midwife told me that if it was affecting my day to day life that I could see the doctor and he/she would perscribe me a tablet that combats the sickness. Might be worth thinking about.

Also heard of ladies wearing them travel sick wrist bands, not sure if they would help.

Hope youre feeling better soon :) x

I can't help as I'm in the same situation, so subscribing for ideas. I'm on my max dose of medication and the nausea is unrelenting. I am glad it's stopped the vomiting, but the nausea is still hard to deal with. I worry that it hasn't even peaked yet. Oh what a long 9 months it's going to be!

Thanks girls, I'm going to get me some motion sickness bands for sure.
I vomited twice this morning, hubby had to go to work late because I couldn't even make my kids breakfast just the smell of it cooking had my head down the toilet :(
I had to have a scan this morning and couldn't drink enough water, hubby had to drive me there. It's just awful I'm really hoping im not sick till 20+ weeks like I was with my boys.

I was sick right up until labour with my son.
And am so bloody sick agaon with this one, have been hospitalized once this pregnancy so far. Am on the highest dosage of medication but doesn't stop the nausea :(

Taking Vitamin B tablets helps slightly. Have tried "Psy Bands" that was a no go.

I was sick with all day morning sickness with both my kids. My first pregnancy the dr wouldn't prescribe me anything and I ended up only gaining 10 lbs during the pregnancy, hospitalized numerous times for dehydration. I threw up 15 times in 1 day :/ and the dr still said no to meds. My second pregnancy I switched drs and they prescribed my 3 diff meds, pro (something), reglan, and last Zofran. Zofran worked the best for me. I only took 1/4 a pill in the morning before I rolled out of bed and waiting 5 minutes for it to settle. Worked wonders for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks girls, it's amazing how debilitating it can be.
I see the OB in a few hours and ill see if he can prescribe me something. I really hope I can find something that works.

Make sure your doctor is aware so he or she can monitor weight loss and your fluids. I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is like morning sickness from hell. Not much they can do, meds don't help much but at least they can make sure you are nourished. I'm sorry--- I HATE NAUSEA. I was actually shell shocked when I found out I was pregnant again because I seriously have PTSD from the HG I had with my last little one :(

I was sick with all day morning sickness with both my kids. My first pregnancy the dr wouldn't prescribe me anything and I ended up only gaining 10 lbs during the pregnancy, hospitalized numerous times for dehydration. I threw up 15 times in 1 day :/ and the dr still said no to meds. My second pregnancy I switched drs and they prescribed my 3 diff meds, pro (something), reglan, and last Zofran. Zofran worked the best for me. I only took 1/4 a pill in the morning before I rolled out of bed and waiting 5 minutes for it to settle. Worked wonders for me. Hope this helps.
Aww Hun how horrible, 15 times in one day is insane :( and how strange that your Dr wouldn't give you anything. Glad you found something that helped a little the 2nd time.

Make sure your doctor is aware so he or she can monitor weight loss and your fluids. I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is like morning sickness from hell. Not much they can do, meds don't help much but at least they can make sure you are nourished. I'm sorry--- I HATE NAUSEA. I was actually shell shocked when I found out I was pregnant again because I seriously have PTSD from the HG I had with my last little one :(
Thanks Hun. I really hope you don't get so ill with your new pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you.

Oh man! That happened to me last time! No one believed I was as sick as I was saying. I had no one to advocate for me because my husband was deployed and I was all alone in BFE. I wasn't diagnosed with HG until the end of my 2nd trimester- at that point I had lost over 10% of my body weight. I am so glad you found relief this time!
PS this time my husband is on shore duty so he gets to experience pregnancy lol. I am being extra evil.

Oh man! That happened to me last time! No one believed I was as sick as I was saying. I had no one to advocate for me because my husband was deployed and I was all alone in BFE. I wasn't diagnosed with HG until the end of my 2nd trimester- at that point I had lost over 10% of my body weight. I am so glad you found relief this time!
PS this time my husband is on shore duty so he gets to experience pregnancy lol. I am being extra evil.

It's so hard! One of my co-workers was telling the others that she thought I was faking it to miss work. One morning I opened with her, I threw up 5 times in 30 minutes in the garbage can next to her. She felt bad after that lol.

Glad he is there this time lol It's nice for them to experience it and not just hear the symptoms over the phone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->