All I want is sleep and to strangle the puppy

The first ten months with my dog were hell. Potty training went nowhere she chewed on every expensive power cord we had. She cried and sounded like someone was cutting off her tail. It just wasn't any fun. So much that I told my husband I am never going to have a puppy again. We will adopt a housebroken dog. But, I found a routine, took her to puppy classes and right at eleven months old it was like a light switch and she just got it. No more accidents and chewing. She was a very well behaved dog. My husband fell absolutely in love with her as soon as she stopped pooping everywhere. She turned three yesterday and my husband asked how I knew how much he needed her in his life. But, I sure as heck wasn't pregnant. I don't know how you cope.

As for the exhaustion. Eight hours the first sixteen weeks wasn't close to enough. I was sleeping eleven or twelve and I still fell asleep every time I sat down. I'm twenty three weeks and I still took a four hour nap on Sunday. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away. I think it's normal. However adding extra vitamins and eating, staying hydrated has taken the edge off. I really feel pretty good most days. My husband has been great. I wake up on the couch to a blanket being wrapped around me and my shoes off. He says he finds me asleep sitting straight up and so he adjusts me so I'll be comfortable. I never remember it though. I think the only thing to really do is wait it out. I think he needs about five more hours of rest than I do.

Oh, you're right about the diapers!! Potty training definitely is not easy! The first night we had our buddy, he would howl and want out of the crate - can't blame him. Well, here comes 6am and he's howling and we're still ignoring. Hubby finally gets up (it was his job to get up in the middle of the night to let him out if need be) and he said something smelled horrible. The dog had a huge poop in the crate and he was stepping it!! Then he tried to run all over the house. OMG the house stunk SO bad!! I regretted getting a dog that morning. Since then we were fast to learn each other and we love each other.

Not to mention the many pees in the dining room carpet. It was only the dining room, it was weird.

Oh praise the Lord all he has done is pee in his crate, We've been very fortunate in that area! He's doing better, just has a small bladder and I'm to lazy to get up at 2 am and take him out ;) Now I actually have the last few nights because that pregnancy bladder has hit and I wake up either at 2 am or 5! :neutral:

The first ten months with my dog were hell. Potty training went nowhere she chewed on every expensive power cord we had. She cried and sounded like someone was cutting off her tail. It just wasn't any fun. So much that I told my husband I am never going to have a puppy again. We will adopt a housebroken dog. But, I found a routine, took her to puppy classes and right at eleven months old it was like a light switch and she just got it. No more accidents and chewing. She was a very well behaved dog. My husband fell absolutely in love with her as soon as she stopped pooping everywhere. She turned three yesterday and my husband asked how I knew how much he needed her in his life. But, I sure as heck wasn't pregnant. I don't know how you cope.

As for the exhaustion. Eight hours the first sixteen weeks wasn't close to enough. I was sleeping eleven or twelve and I still fell asleep every time I sat down. I'm twenty three weeks and I still took a four hour nap on Sunday. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away. I think it's normal. However adding extra vitamins and eating, staying hydrated has taken the edge off. I really feel pretty good most days. My husband has been great. I wake up on the couch to a blanket being wrapped around me and my shoes off. He says he finds me asleep sitting straight up and so he adjusts me so I'll be comfortable. I never remember it though. I think the only thing to really do is wait it out. I think he needs about five more hours of rest than I do.

Oh my, glad she turned out great for you! I did get a little extra sleep last night, like by 2 hours and I can tell it helped. Every other day this week and last I have seriously felt like I took a half a bottle of Nyquil! It's amazing how it just hits so hard and quick. I have to be thankful though because that and nausea are the only consistent symptoms and I have read worse! So happy for all this support and shared experiences! I don't feel so alone in it now :) Love this site! :)

Ours woke up between 2am and 4am consistently to go to pee until about 3 months. Then he started holding until about 5:15am and few weeks later until about 6am when I wake up any way. I always took him because my DH sleeps through everything and he would pee in the house if someone didn't take him out. In the last week or so he finally started going out at night by himself - I love the doggy door!!! He now completely ignores me when I get up at 6am, lol.

He does still wake me up between 7am and 7:30am on the weekends because he wants food... I don't think I've slept past 8:00am in the last four months.

Ours woke up between 2am and 4am consistently to go to pee until about 3 months. Then he started holding until about 5:15am and few weeks later until about 6am when I wake up any way. I always took him because my DH sleeps through everything and he would pee in the house if someone didn't take him out. In the last week or so he finally started going out at night by himself - I love the doggy door!!! He now completely ignores me when I get up at 6am, lol.

He does still wake me up between 7am and 7:30am on the weekends because he wants food... I don't think I've slept past 8:00am in the last four months.

I'm with you on the sleeping past 8 :/ Husband has to be at work at 8 even on Saturday and once I'm awake, I'm awake. Sunday's are church and I can't sleep in past 8 then either because my body won't let me :-l We are definitely getting a doggie door at our new house!

It's the best thing ever! Even though it eats a chunk of my sliding door I really don't care. He goes in and out whenever and I don't have to constantly open and close the door. It comes with a cover too if you want to block him from going out for whatever reason or leaving the house with the pup. Ours is just a simple slide-in from Home Depot. Under $200 and a whole lot of freedom.

I miss days when I could sleep in and then lounge around for a bit reading a book...

It's the best thing ever! Even though it eats a chunk of my sliding door I really don't care. He goes in and out whenever and I don't have to constantly open and close the door. It comes with a cover too if you want to block him from going out for whatever reason or leaving the house with the pup. Ours is just a simple slide-in from Home Depot. Under $200 and a whole lot of freedom.

I miss days when I could sleep in and then lounge around for a bit reading a book...

I got one last summer. I threw a wifey b**** fit we rent so my husband bought a used door, cut a dog door into it and then mounted it to our back door in place of the rental that is hanging out in the backyard. I couldn't handle the summer time flies and the a.c. loss. With the door being constantly opened. And now I've been cutting down on her walking schedule to prepare her for little man so she hopefully won't be so demanding. My dog tells time and she knows what to expect and when. It was great for training but with a baby I worry I just won't be able to maintain her schedule. So the dog door is absolutely perfect. Easily my favorite project that I demanded of the husband. Worth every penny as long as you have a secure yard and really a few minutes a week and a pooper scooper is all it takes to keep your yard nice. All though my husband took over the dog poop clean up. I think he thinks the dog poop thing is the same as litter box clean up and I am not saying anything.

I got one last summer. I threw a wifey b**** fit we rent so my husband bought a used door, cut a dog door into it and then mounted it to our back door in place of the rental that is hanging out in the backyard. I couldn't handle the summer time flies and the a.c. loss. With the door being constantly opened. And now I've been cutting down on her walking schedule to prepare her for little man so she hopefully won't be so demanding. My dog tells time and she knows what to expect and when. It was great for training but with a baby I worry I just won't be able to maintain her schedule. So the dog door is absolutely perfect. Easily my favorite project that I demanded of the husband. Worth every penny as long as you have a secure yard and really a few minutes a week and a pooper scooper is all it takes to keep your yard nice. All though my husband took over the dog poop clean up. I think he thinks the dog poop thing is the same as litter box clean up and I am not saying anything.

Definitely will be looking into getting one! :) We live in the country so I won't have to worry about clean up, which is a major blessing :) That's where the being able to lock it will come in handy though.

Yeah, a secure yard is definitely a must. We are all fenced in so don't have to worry about him. We also have a planter box that he designated as his poop spot which is perfect for cleanup. He only goes elsewhere when he's not feeling well.

I didn't close my side of the closet last night so this morning I woke up to sweaters, jeans and shorts all over the bedroom and he was lording over the pile... It's like we didn't spend hundreds of dollars on toys and bedding for him... He's so damn cute though I forgive him everything a minute after he does it.

My MIL said the other day, "God makes babies and puppies cute so we don't kill them."

Yeah, a secure yard is definitely a must. We are all fenced in so don't have to worry about him. We also have a planter box that he designated as his poop spot which is perfect for cleanup. He only goes elsewhere when he's not feeling well.

I didn't close my side of the closet last night so this morning I woke up to sweaters, jeans and shorts all over the bedroom and he was lording over the pile... It's like we didn't spend hundreds of dollars on toys and bedding for him... He's so damn cute though I forgive him everything a minute after he does it.

My MIL said the other day, "God makes babies and puppies cute so we don't kill them."

:haha::haha: Ok your MIL couldn't be more right!! Mine is so adorable and he definitely knows it! Mine goes for my black bear paw boots every time, I'm not sure why he has an obsession with them but somehow (have no idea how) they are still alive and have no holes!

So I think it has something to do with the fluff. He wants to eat my uggs and my ugg slippers that have fluff around the cuff of the slipper. He wants to eat other shoes too but not as much. He goes for my DH's fluffy slippers too.

So I think it has something to do with the fluff. He wants to eat my uggs and my ugg slippers that have fluff around the cuff of the slipper. He wants to eat other shoes too but not as much. He goes for my DH's fluffy slippers too.

Glad to know mine isn't the only crazy one! :) So he must be at least halfway normal \\:D/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->