All I want is sleep and to strangle the puppy

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
I don't know what to do! Trying to control and stay awake. We've been so busy and I am beyond exhausted. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night, but soooo tired all day long. We also got a puppy a month ago (he's 10 weeks) and I knew training would be kind of tough, but I seriously want to strangle him the last few days!! (don't worry I won't) My husband doesn't understand either. He's just like why are you tired and what is wrong??? Any tips on how to halfway stay awake at work?!? (and maybe not want to strangle the dog?):sleep: :nope:

I don't know what to do! Trying to control and stay awake. We've been so busy and I am beyond exhausted. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night, but soooo tired all day long. We also got a puppy a month ago (he's 10 weeks) and I knew training would be kind of tough, but I seriously want to strangle him the last few days!! (don't worry I won't) My husband doesn't understand either. He's just like why are you tired and what is wrong??? Any tips on how to halfway stay awake at work?!? (and maybe not want to strangle the dog?):sleep: :nope:

No words of wisdom for you, but to say I know how difficult the exhaustion is. Hang in there. My advice would be that when you need to rest tell your husband he's on puppy duty, and get to bed early. Or have a hot bath.
I'll be honest, there are days in the very beginning of this pregnancy that I had NO clue how I was going to handle it all with my 3 young kids. Exhaustion and morning sickness were overwhelming. Somehow though you get through it. Husbands will never understand what pregnancy is like. So spend time explaining it to him, and hopefully he will give you some time and space to get through this trimester. Big hugs mama!!!

I can relate! I have a four months old German Shepherd at home and all he wants to do is be a terror. He wants to jump on my stomach and bite my a**. I know at 10 weeks yours probably doesn't have all his shots yet but if you can take him out for walks - do. That's my recipe - take the dog for a long walk. I feel better after fresh air and he sleeps like a baby.

I talk to hubby every day about what I'm going through that day as far as the baby making process. He seems to be fascinated and understanding when I tell him I'm tired though... Tell your husband to read about making little humans - it's not easy!

My DH doesn't understand why I'm so tired either. Anytime I say I'm tired it's like he tries to one up me. Makes me mad tbh. The other day he grabbed my boob which hurt so bad! He asked why my boobs were so sore. ?!??! Really? Because I'm pregnant?

My dog is older so easier to handle but she's still been getting on my nerves. At this point I couldn't handle a puppy! Good luck though!

I'm sorry about your puppy! I couldn't imagine that on top of pregnancy symptoms.

The exhaustion is so bad for me since I hit 9 weeks. I feel like I live on the couch on my days off. When I'm working, I'm in this fog.

Only a handful of people at work know so everyone keeps asking me why I'm so tired. I keep telling them, "duh, I have a one year old at home." We don't want to announce for a bit yet.
Luckily my nausea hasn't been as bad as it was but my body is making up for it in fatigue.

Even my DW doesn't get it at times. Granted, she's never been pregnant but she has an AF! She knows how PMS symptoms feel so I told her it's like that, times 1,000.
Hang in there! It'll get better.

Thank you all for the advice/support! We haven't told anyone yet so it can make it difficult at times! Thanks again!

I can relate! I have a four months old German Shepherd at home and all he wants to do is be a terror. He wants to jump on my stomach and bite my a**. I know at 10 weeks yours probably doesn't have all his shots yet but if you can take him out for walks - do. That's my recipe - take the dog for a long walk. I feel better after fresh air and he sleeps like a baby.

I talk to hubby every day about what I'm going through that day as far as the baby making process. He seems to be fascinated and understanding when I tell him I'm tired though... Tell your husband to read about making little humans - it's not easy!

So glad to hear someone else can relate to having a puppy! We love him to death but sometimes, I tell ya he can be so crazy! And my nerves lately just quite can't handle it :roll: I do think maybe he does need more play time/walks. As for my husband, he does good and treats me so well, this part just seems to go over his head though :neutral:

I hear you on the puppy thing! Our dog just turned a year old and I have 0 patience with him!!!! My husband asked me last night If I even like our dog. I'm like.. what kind of question is that??? I was on the floor trying to find a button so he wouldn't eat it and he was all up in my face with his wet nose. Just leave me alone when I want to be left alone!!

I hear you on the puppy thing! Our dog just turned a year old and I have 0 patience with him!!!! My husband asked me last night If I even like our dog. I'm like.. what kind of question is that??? I was on the floor trying to find a button so he wouldn't eat it and he was all up in my face with his wet nose. Just leave me alone when I want to be left alone!!

I know my husbands always like be nice to him! I'm like he's in my face, I pushed him away, that is being nice 8-[ He's either in my face and jumping on me, or won't obey. Then I heard they don't calm down til their a year old. :dohh: My husband did buy a dog training dvd and wants to train him to be calm! Hope it works!

Haha! We took ours to an obedience class and he knows all the commands but only listens when he wants to. He loves to play by biting and steals clothes all the time. I love him to pieces but there's no rest for the wicked. Last night I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch and he ran up and jumped all over me... more than once... Having a puppy and being pregnant is definitely a trip... My hat off to every mom who is pregnant with her second, third, fourth, etc... Don't know how you cope.

I can't imagine the frustration dealing with puppy woes at the same time as early pregnancy. We have a 1.5 year old cavalier and remember the puppy days all too well even though he was actually an amazing and fast learning puppy it's like having a newborn baby to tend to. Hope things improve soon x

Haha! We took ours to an obedience class and he knows all the commands but only listens when he wants to. He loves to play by biting and steals clothes all the time. I love him to pieces but there's no rest for the wicked. Last night I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch and he ran up and jumped all over me... more than once... Having a puppy and being pregnant is definitely a trip... My hat off to every mom who is pregnant with her second, third, fourth, etc... Don't know how you cope.

Agree, our pastors wife has 4 under 5 and pregnant with her 5th. I'm like I can't even handle my puppy! Really hoping he will calm down when it comes close to time for our little one to come. He loves being outside though so I've sent him out a lot lately :) I also wish I could have some of his energy! Guess you have a German shepherd alarm clock, if only there was a snooze button or a time you could set ;)

I can't imagine the frustration dealing with puppy woes at the same time as early pregnancy. We have a 1.5 year old cavalier and remember the puppy days all too well even though he was actually an amazing and fast learning puppy it's like having a newborn baby to tend to. Hope things improve soon x

He's a lab and is super smart! But sometimes his little birdie leaves his cage and he loses it lol We got him a month before we found out we were expecting and I'm like was this in preparation for the baby to come?!? :wacko: Perfect timing haha

:haha: I'm sure things will settle down soon. Labs are lovely dogs and make amazing family pets.bout cav will be 2 when the baby comes. He's never met a baby before so we are interested to see how he will respond. He usually loves everyone but I can imagine new babies are a different ball game.

I know my husbands always like be nice to him! I'm like he's in my face, I pushed him away, that is being nice 8-[ He's either in my face and jumping on me, or won't obey. Then I heard they don't calm down til their a year old. :dohh: My husband did buy a dog training dvd and wants to train him to be calm! Hope it works!

Nope, ours hasn't calmed down really and he turned 1 last month. Some people say they don't calm down until they hit 3 yrs. It irritates me, he won't jump up on my husband, but he jumps up on me all the time (he's 60 lbs). My husband can be a little rough with him, and I hate it. His mindset is he better not jump on me while I'm pregnant. I've just started turning my back. I love our guy, he just has a ton of energy, and we can't take him to the dog park anymore because it's all muddy and cold. I honestly think he's worse than a kid will be!

:haha: I'm sure things will settle down soon. Labs are lovely dogs and make amazing family pets.bout cav will be 2 when the baby comes. He's never met a baby before so we are interested to see how he will respond. He usually loves everyone but I can imagine new babies are a different ball game.

Yea I'm interested how that will go too. We also have a blue heeler, but he probably won't be introduced til the baby is older, as he is beyond energetic/hyper! lol (their personality though) Looks like you're a week ahead of me, so I'll have to watch and see if you post anything about doggie meeting baby ;) That is part of the reason we got a lab is because we knew they were known for being good with kids. :) My brother and I had one growing up :) We spent countless of hours with him.

Nope, ours hasn't calmed down really and he turned 1 last month. Some people say they don't calm down until they hit 3 yrs. It irritates me, he won't jump up on my husband, but he jumps up on me all the time (he's 60 lbs). My husband can be a little rough with him, and I hate it. His mindset is he better not jump on me while I'm pregnant. I've just started turning my back. I love our guy, he just has a ton of energy, and we can't take him to the dog park anymore because it's all muddy and cold. I honestly think he's worse than a kid will be!

Pretty sure ours will be mostly an indoor dog so I hope he settles down some before then! If he doesn't, he will be finding out his new home will be the heated garage ;) lol My husband can get him to listen a little better too, they must feel the need to obey them more or something. After watching this dvd my husband realized playing so rough with him wasn't a good thing, so I was thankful for that. One thing I thought of was at least I can put diapers on my child! This potty training is .... frustrating.

OMG!!! I can totally remember thinking, "at least a kid wears diapers." That was the night I could hear him have explosive diarrhea all over my bathroom floor.... 2am clean up... I am very thankful that at 4 months he is fully house broken.

Turning your back and "ignoring" for 20-30 seconds was what we were taught at the obedience school for jumping and acting out. I also have a lovely squirt bottle that works wanders and doesn't hurt him.

OMG!!! I can totally remember thinking, "at least a kid wears diapers." That was the night I could hear him have explosive diarrhea all over my bathroom floor.... 2am clean up... I am very thankful that at 4 months he is fully house broken.

Turning your back and "ignoring" for 20-30 seconds was what we were taught at the obedience school for jumping and acting out. I also have a lovely squirt bottle that works wanders and doesn't hurt him.

Oh my I would die if he did that! Good tips! I wondered about the squirt bottle :) Will definitely try that! Will also do the ignoring him. Thank you for that advice!

Oh, you're right about the diapers!! Potty training definitely is not easy! The first night we had our buddy, he would howl and want out of the crate - can't blame him. Well, here comes 6am and he's howling and we're still ignoring. Hubby finally gets up (it was his job to get up in the middle of the night to let him out if need be) and he said something smelled horrible. The dog had a huge poop in the crate and he was stepping it!! Then he tried to run all over the house. OMG the house stunk SO bad!! I regretted getting a dog that morning. Since then we were fast to learn each other and we love each other.

Not to mention the many pees in the dining room carpet. It was only the dining room, it was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->