All I'm craving is...

mcwhmm

Reaction score
All I'm craving is subway, jimmy johns, and sub city!! It's killing me!! All I want is a turkey sandwich lol! Has anybody's doctor told them it's ok to eat subs?

I was told no to deli meats.

Now I want subway... I usually get the veggie delight so I guess I could! Or not... Certain veggies make my stomach turn.

Booo:( it's allllllll I crave! Lol

with DS1 all I wanted was Subway, only because I had no aversion to it. But I get a BLT sub.

This time around, I had a food aversion to Subway in 1st tri, and had just gotten a gift card from my dad to Jimmy Johns for my birthday, so I ate there quite a bit. Again, I get the veggie sub there.

Since I hit 2nd tri, I went back to Subway, and can't eat Jimmy Johns at all.

Maybe try a different sub? I know it wont' be the same if you are really craving turkey.

I wasn't told i couldn't eat anything like that... been eating it since day one, i got to sandwich shop most work days for a fresh made baguette :shrug:

As long as your sandwich is toasted you're good to go!

I haven't been told no deli meats and have been craving pasta salad with salami in it...so that's what I've been eating. Also been eating turkey crossiants from McAllister's Deli...of course I throw everything up anyways so it doesn't stay in too long

I believe you can eat deli meat as long as you warm it up. I usually bring a chicken breast cold cut sandwich for work everyday. Its one of the few things I can really eat to be honest.. lol. But please do your research before you take my word for it. I really started enjoying cold cuts when I got pregnant, even though I didn't care for them much before. I googled quite a bit and came to the consensus that as long as its chicken and can be warmed its okay!

I have never heard of such a thing as not being allowed deli meats in pregnancy ? (we call it cold meat in SA.) :shrug: I have had it in all of my pregnancies .... I think heating it would make it awful.

I read an article the other day that basically said a lot of those precautions are overrated (besides the soft cheese ones) . Preggo ladies in Japan would laugh at you if you told them not to eat sushi :haha:
Not saying you should eat it ... It's just my personal conviction. I can't live without a bit of sushi now and then !

SAmummy I've actually been craving sushi!! Philadelphia rolls mmmm nomnomnom

Mcwmm I've never heard that lunch meat thing either. Been eating turkey sammiches like it's cool! I don't get packaged deli meat though maybe that's the difference?

I was eating subs early last pregnancy but then had an aversion especially to turkey (used to love it & haven't had it since). This time the aversion to subs started early to all cold cuts.

It's interesting what different doctors tell different people. With my daughter, my doctor told me no.. I have a new doctor this time as my old doctor moved and I haven't asked him yet.. But a few weeks ago I had posted a thread about dying my hair and a few people said that their doctor said absolutely not but my doctor acted like I was crazy for askig and said of coarse you can lol

I think sometimes we tend to over analyze everything and want to wrap ourselves in a bubble when we are pregnant and become paranoid about every little thing

All I am craving is smoothies. I am not even queasy yet but solid foods disinterest me now - had to force myself to eat solid things yesterday. All I want is non-stop smoothies.

Subway is my usual go-to place for lunch at work. I ate it the first week before my BFP but then I stopped.

I heard the whole deli meat thing was all to do with meats that have been sitting in a chiller counter in a shop ready to be dished up, rather than packaged deli meats or "fresh" deli meats. It's all to do with food poisoning really, so if it's something you would normally eat and you trust or you doubt you'd get food poisoning from then you're probably fine. I love mussels but won't be eating them because you can't trust them always, I love prawns too and reckon as long as I know how well their cooked I'll be eating away!
My current craving is chicken, I cannot get enough of it...cba to eat much else but chicken. And pasties, Cornish pasties YUM!
I cannot stomach bananas right now, they make me gag. I still want to eat them, I like the taste and they are good for you, but the eating of them just makes me want to puke.

All I am craving is chocolate with yoghurt/strawberry and taco bell's cheesy fiesta potatoes lol

Omg I crave Taco Bell constantly too

I've eaten loads of deli meat, I also had subway for lunch today.

Mummy to be- did you ever ask your doctor about it??? From what I understand and just like wiiwidow said, it's just a precautionary thing that has to do with food poisoning, listeria in particular that can be on deli meats unless warmed up to hot to kill the bacteria.. This bacteria can make you sick but it can be deadly to your baby. It's one of those things where you think okay I have never gotten sick from eating at subway, but is it somethig I want to risk? I want it so bad lol but I'm so worried

Yes I asked my midwife she said it's totally fine, I did it all through my pregnancy with my daughter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->