All Ladies Due Jan 18 and 19th coming over to the Third Tri

They said i can try, but usually when diabetic babies r born their blood sugars will drop and will be put to a bottle anyway...once out of the hospital since i already struggle with low blood sugars it dan be dangerous to bf since she will take even more sugar from me..i would have to constantly eat to keep up with her...im not much of an eater the way it is.. :(

Random thing I wanted to share,
Today all of my family and my husbands family created a Due Date Lottery for baby!
We all took our guess for the date we think she will be born, and weights for fun!
Cost was $1 each guess :)
Can't wait to see who wins!!! I guessed Jan 10th, being hopeful she is 7lbs!! Lol

They said i can try, but usually when diabetic babies r born their blood sugars will drop and will be put to a bottle anyway...once out of the hospital since i already struggle with low blood sugars it dan be dangerous to bf since she will take even more sugar from me..i would have to constantly eat to keep up with her...im not much of an eater the way it is.. :(

:hugs: That sounds like it would be difficult to manage trying to watch Ella's sugars and keep your own up too. Will she be on a specific formula designed for diabetics? Or just a regular kind?

I have no idea but it would be a good idea for me to ask..i assume a regular one would be fine...

well for health reasons i can understand...

it annoys me with my OH's mum she says "i couldn't be bothered to breast fed him i was too lazy" that annoys me...how can you be not bothered about the most natural way to feed your baby? Guess i'm just weird for wanting to try my hardest to breast feed lol

I think it's such a sensitive issue for people I'm just going for the "whatever works for you is a-ok by me!" Sometimes there is far more to the issue than we know about, and people don't always want to share if they've found something hard. We're going to get the world and his wife telling us whats best, and sometimes it can make people feel bad, so in the spirit of these forums (the support of which i've found invaluble) - if you're feeding by bottle, or boob, thats entirely your choice and I wish you luck with it either way! :thumbup:

i'm not trying to cause any discomfort or make anyone feel bad i was just being curious lol :thumbup:

:hi: hi girls
How is everyone today?

My shower was lovely :) there is pink everywhere now lol
I've been tying to upload pics since last night but photo bucket isn't working
Anyone have any suggestions on a site that I can upload pics from my phone?

On the nursing subject......I am going to nurse Charlotte.
I nursed my son for the first 5/6 months strictly boob and then slowly introduced breast milk in a bottle and only gave him the boob at night until about 8 months and then did formula until he was a year old.
When they start getting teeth it makes it difficult to continue nursing lol
I hope and pray that I can nurse her too! Its such a wonderful experience :)

oh jelly u didnt offend me honestly lol... my MIL said the same thing to me, you know its better for baby etc etc, but I just told her theres more to it with the diabetes, and keeping my blood sugars up and what happens if I forget a meal etc and she calmed down about it... It doesnt offend me if people say "You should BF" My mother never BF with any of us (i have two brothers as well) and we are all fine (minus my diabetes which was caused by a virus at 15 lol) .... everyone does it their own way... I know two of my close friends tried their hardest to BF and it just wasnt working for them, so they turned to the bottle within a week or two... it also depends on diff situations... so hey whatever floats ur boat! :)

I just got the photos from our shower the other day; here's a few ... :)

https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/sarahcarter318/Snapbucket/3DE2E3F6.jpg
https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/sarahcarter318/Snapbucket/28AB12A6.jpg
https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/sarahcarter318/Snapbucket/7D5CD5B5.jpg
https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/sarahcarter318/Snapbucket/07FB7C79.jpg
https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/sarahcarter318/Snapbucket/8A98381C-1.jpg

@Jellybeans- I would love love love to BF, But I had a breast reduction a while back and most of my milk ducts were cut off. I have had leaky breast, But I don't think I will feel as confident breast feeding.

@ Ladybug I love your shower photos!!! Looks like you had a great one :)

@ Jess can't wait to see your shower photos!!!!

My shower is this weekend and I am sooo excited :)

oh i forgot to share my recent bump picture with everyone this was taken today 30+2

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/jellybeans2013/20121112_235340.jpg

seems to be dropping to me :shrug:

How exciting! Can't wait to see your shower photos chiles

Lol I didn't get any sleep the night before my shower :) I felt like a little kid on christmas eve

Jelly bean we share the same birthday! How cool is that!

Aww jelly! Your tummy is so small and cute!!!

@jess, I think ima be the same way! Lol! I am really excited to see what my friends and fam picked out for my little girl! I know I am probably going to get a lot of clothes. And you guys should see her closet now. Its not overboard yet she has afew items in each sizes. Mostly 3-6 to 9-12. And her 6/9. And 3/6 are spring and summer. So we have plenty of wiggle room for more!

Aww jelly! Your tummy is so small and cute!!!

@jess, I think ima be the same way! Lol! I am really excited to see what my friends and fam picked out for my little girl! I know I am probably going to get a lot of clothes. And you guys should see her closet now. Its not overboard yet she has afew items in each sizes. Mostly 3-6 to 9-12. And her 6/9. And 3/6 are spring and summer. So we have plenty of wiggle room for more!

awww thank you hehe doesn't feel small :dohh: i feel like a whale lol x

oh jelly u didnt offend me honestly lol... my MIL said the same thing to me, you know its better for baby etc etc, but I just told her theres more to it with the diabetes, and keeping my blood sugars up and what happens if I forget a meal etc and she calmed down about it... It doesnt offend me if people say "You should BF" My mother never BF with any of us (i have two brothers as well) and we are all fine (minus my diabetes which was caused by a virus at 15 lol) .... everyone does it their own way... I know two of my close friends tried their hardest to BF and it just wasnt working for them, so they turned to the bottle within a week or two... it also depends on diff situations... so hey whatever floats ur boat! :)

My MIL told me 'you will be breastfeeding' when I was 8 weeks pregnant!!

I told her I want to and will try my best but hey you just don't know if these things will work out and her response was 'no grandchild of mine will be fed any formula!'.

Hahaha, yeh go on just try and stop me love. Lol

LOVE the cake!!!

On a random note, getting a scan tonight! My friends parent is doing it like promised so hopefully going to film this one for you all to see :)

Edit to Add: I need to take a bump picture, my bump is teeny compared to yours!!! :(

My MIL told me 'you will be breastfeeding' when I was 8 weeks pregnant!!

I told her I want to and will try my best but hey you just don't know if these things will work out and her response was 'no grandchild of mine will be fed any formula!'.

Hahaha, yeh go on just try and stop me love. Lol

LOVE the cake!!!

On a random note, getting a scan tonight! My friends parent is doing it like promised so hopefully going to film this one for you all to see :)

Edit to Add: I need to take a bump picture, my bump is teeny compared to yours!!! :(

can't wait to see that scan :) i've got 13 more days until i get to see my lil bubba again :( seems ages away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->