All these riots everywhere!!!

I'm watching some footage on youtube now. I've no idea whats gone on, why are they rioting? Something to do with a shooting right?

this is all we need with the budget cuts coming all over the place :dohh: makes me so fecking angry watching this unfold!!

I'm watching some footage on youtube now. I've no idea whats gone on, why are they rioting? Something to do with a shooting right?

On Thursday a 29 year old man Mark Duggan was shot by a police officer and then on Saturday evening his family and friends arranged a peaceful protest in Tottenham. The word spread pretty fast and those lowlife scumbags got involved, hotwired and set fire to two police cars, a bus, a post office, some houses and a few other businesses, police and fire crews couldnt get in to stop the damage so the destruction was crazy!

It originally started as a protest for this Mark Duggan but ultimately turned out to be looters who thought it was an easy way in.

Then yesterday teenagers spread the word on Facebook, Twitter and Blackberry Messenger that they were going to riot in Enfield and Brixton. This had nothing to do with Mark Duggan it was just a roll out of what had previously happened.

Regardless the damage is massive, the memories people have lost from their homes, the thousands of pounds to fix all thos glass windows and doors, to replace all the clothes, shoes, tv's and goodness knows what else they stole yesterday and Saturday.

I dont agree with protests anyway be it peaceful or not because whatever the reason or the cause it is never peaceful, his family genuinely wanted a peaceful protest for their son, brother, friend and these idiots turn it into something completely different and they tarnish what the family had wanted to achieve, but as a grown up adult they must have know no protest is ever peaceful. Just look at the Uni Protests.

This is whati understand of what happened:
This Duggen guy was followed by the police and for whatever reason shot in apparently an 'exchange of fire' although the police haven't actually come outfit and said he was armed as far as I know. Hes not motorious or anything, at the most just a well respected member of the star gang, at least a bit of a troiublemaker. Unfortunately the news of his death was released to the news before it was released to his family (parents, brothers, fiancé, 4 kids). Obviously they clearly cannot imagine him being anything but whiter than White so can't get the idea that he's been shot by the police through their heads so they gathered (close friends and family) in front of the police line in the area to ask them for answers, seeing as they hadn't actually been told anything about his death. The police held a line of silence and kept insisting someone would come and spea to them but no one showed. During this time the 'protest' is getting bigger and bigger and tensions are rising. People winding up the police screaming for answers, calling them murderers etc.
That's where it gets hazy, rumour and unofficial witnesses say a 16 yr old girl stepped forward right to the police line, chucked a small stone at the police and shouted "we want answers!"
Queue apparently a load of batons coming down on her head nd her being crushed by the shields. She apparently tried to get up but was hit again with batons until she was'half dragged' away by friends.
Apparently that wasthe point of no return, Duggens family left the area and more and more people started rioting.
As for what's gone on everywhere else, basically lowlives have seen fellow lowlives getting lots of free stuff from shops and decided to join in. There is no shred of protest left, just troublemakers.
Brixton is 10mins awa from where I work and tooting where. Live has had a feeble little attack on JD sports. Too close to home ATM :(

I dont agree with protests anyway be it peaceful or not because whatever the reason or the cause it is never peaceful, his family genuinely wanted a peaceful protest for their son, brother, friend and these idiots turn it into something completely different and they tarnish what the family had wanted to achieve, but as a grown up adult they must have know no protest is ever peaceful. Just look at the Uni Protests.

I can't agree with you there, there have been thousand of peaceful protest over all sorts, it's just peaceful protest doesnt make the news in the same way. Without protest the government and police are unaccountable for whatever they do, it's very very important to have the right to protest within a democracy. X

I've been looking at pictures and reading articles to try and get up to date and i'm thoroughly disgusted. Did they even check that no one was on that bus or in them cars? Its wrong anyway but my heart goes out to the innocents hurt in all of this. Absolute thugs :growlmad:

As for the protests, they knew that this wasnt going to be peaceful, a criminal was killed. Tell me how it would be peaceful. I dont agree with protests, to me they acheive nothing! But I do understand that the news dont show everything so I could be wrong.

Twilight - Apparently not, they just set it alight, yesterday when the police were answering questions they said they havent ruled out fatalities because they didnt know if anyone was in the buildings and the bus.

As for the girl, what she throwing a stone for? And at the police, silly girl! I heard on LBC today they were talking about her.

This is whati understand of what happened:
This Duggen guy was followed by the police and for whatever reason shot in apparently an 'exchange of fire' although the police haven't actually come outfit and said he was armed as far as I know. Hes not motorious or anything, at the most just a well respected member of the star gang, at least a bit of a troiublemaker. Unfortunately the news of his death was released to the news before it was released to his family (parents, brothers, fiancé, 4 kids). Obviously they clearly cannot imagine him being anything but whiter than White so can't get the idea that he's been shot by the police through their heads so they gathered (close friends and family) in front of the police line in the area to ask them for answers, seeing as they hadn't actually been told anything about his death. The police held a line of silence and kept insisting someone would come and spea to them but no one showed. During this time the 'protest' is getting bigger and bigger and tensions are rising. People winding up the police screaming for answers, calling them murderers etc.
That's where it gets hazy, rumour and unofficial witnesses say a 16 yr old girl stepped forward right to the police line, chucked a small stone at the police and shouted "we want answers!"
Queue apparently a load of batons coming down on her head nd her being crushed by the shields. She apparently tried to get up but was hit again with batons until she was'half dragged' away by friends.
Apparently that wasthe point of no return, Duggens family left the area and more and more people started rioting.
As for what's gone on everywhere else, basically lowlives have seen fellow lowlives getting lots of free stuff from shops and decided to join in. There is no shred of protest left, just troublemakers.
Brixton is 10mins awa from where I work and tooting where. Live has had a feeble little attack on JD sports. Too close to home ATM :(

Im very close to you. I live in Mitcham and my girls go to nursery in Tooting. Its getting closer, apparently Croydon was targeted last night and a BBM is going around that Croydon is gonna get targeted tonight too.

Its getting closer by the day.

I'm not defending these idiots. But the term protest is being used loosely here. They didn't gather to protest his death to begin with, they gathered to find out what had happened to their relative. It just escalated from there.
This can't be compared at all to any political protest as far as I'm concerned, it was unorganised, with little or no objective and was pretty much an excuse for legal activity from near the start. There's no higher aim iyswim here.
Wow you really are close! I'm in Broadway. Iv heard about Croydon but nothing official, do u know what's happened there? Xx

It's now emerged that the police wern't underfire from Duggan when he was shot.. Is that true?
x

Fresh questions have been raised over the shooting of Mark Duggan amid speculation a bullet found in a police radio could have come from an officer's gun.

The 29-year-old father-of-four died in Tottenham on Thursday after he was shot by police.

An Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation is under way into the incident.

Initial reports said an officer may have escaped serious injury because his radio got in the way of a bullet.

However, The Guardian newspaper has quoted a source saying initial tests suggest the bullet was police issue.

The IPCC has said it would not comment on this until all ballistics and forensic tests were complete - but it has confirmed a non-police issue gun was found at the scene.

https://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/questions_raised_over_mark_duggan_shooting

I'm not defending these idiots. But the term protest is being used loosely here. They didn't gather to protest his death to begin with, they gathered to find out what had happened to their relative. It just escalated from there.
This can't be compared at all to any political protest as far as I'm concerned, it was unorganised, with little or no objective and was pretty much an excuse for legal activity from near the start. There's no higher aim iyswim here.
Wow you really are close! I'm in Broadway. Iv heard about Croydon but nothing official, do u know what's happened there? Xx

Ahh very close. :thumbup: apparently something happened last night at a jewellery shop and Argos but not heard anything on news, just some FB nonsense lol.
Apparently tonight is when its gonna kick off up there. I so hope not. Apparentl a few shops in Tooting last night too. Goodness knows whats next to come.

I've seen the news today and some of the damage that's been done. It's awful :nope:

Theyre now saying that tests have proved that the bullet found lodged in the police officers radio is from a police fire arm???!!!

I really hope it doesn't kick off again, its not fair on all these innocent people, their businesses and homes :nope:

The police shot him cos he was waving about a gun what did his reelatives and friends think standing outside a police station would do, other than.create tensions?

The police shot him cos he was waving about a gun what did his reelatives and friends think standing outside a police station would do, other than.create tensions?

Thats was my point, just went around it instead :haha:

I drove past Brixton on the way home from work and they had begun to board the shops up.

I'm watching sky news now and some of the people are saying its cos of the bloke killed in Tottenham, hows that Brixton is nowhere near Tottenham. Why the hell would Brixton be targeted! Idiots. :dohh:

Theyre now saying that tests have proved that the bullet found lodged in the police officers radio is from a police fire arm???!!!

The Guardian reported that, Sky News hasnt mentioned it yet. Still speculation really but if its true it still doesnt change the fact that he had a weapon on him.

SO19 are trained to know when to shoot someone, they wouldnt of just shot him. He'd have given them a reason i.e waving a gun around like Blah said.

I was horrified when I saw the photos of tottenham on the news yesterday, then just disgusted when I heard about the riots in Enfield, talk about jumping on the bandwagen.

I saw a woman on the tube this morning wearing a t-shirt that said 'Get Angry and Riot' it made me so mad, I had to restrain myself from saying something to her.

Whatever happened to the man that was shot I do really feel for his family who have lost their father, partner, son etc. It sounds like they weren't involved once the protest turned violent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->