• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Almost 4 Months & not eating as much?

Tiger22

Reaction score
LO will be 4 months on Monday...I've noticed her going longer between feeds (use to always be 2 hours or less) and not eating as much. She has also stayed at 13 pounds for a few weeks now...I'm getting worried. Last Saturday I did have my best friends bachlorette party so I had to bring my pump with me and was a away for a bit but didn't think this messed anything up bc I pumped every 2 hours still. And I think she was eating less before this also.
Wondering if my supply could be getting lower or if she is eating less for some reason? And her not gaining weight in a few weeks is that bad? We do have her 4 month apt next week too. And she is acting completely normal so I don't think she is sick or anything. Just not sure what could be going on...?

Anyone had this happen or know what could be the issue?

It's normal, they space out feeds and may eat less for a while around that time, I remember getting bad engorgement and was ready to give up at around 13 weeks what's with the worry about his eating less and choking on my milk, but we were about to turn the corner. Weight gain will also slow down around that age. Keep monitoring her nappies and that she's alert, if she starts getting easily distracted, feed in a dark quiet room and right after naps, I found those few things helped.

By 'not eating as much' do you just mean the feeds don't take as long? Because eventually babies just get more efficient with their eating, so they can eat the same amount in less time. And as they grow bigger, their stomachs can hold more at once, so they start spacing out their feeds longer. So, she might not actually be eating less.

Yes Harley Quinn, she eats only for 4-5 minutes now and then pulls off and smiles like she is done...Also is going 3 hours or more now between feeds...it just worries me a little bc she hasn't gained any weight in a few weeks...

My DD is 15 weeks and didn't gain any weight this week so I'm also a little worried. X

I'd be concerned about the weight gain too, but like someone else said, if baby is still having a good number of wet and dirty diapers, is still waking to eat, doesn't have any signs of dehydration, etc., then I'm guessing your doc won't be too worried. I'll be curious to hear what they say. Don't worry, though; 3-4 hours between feeds doesn't sound worrisome to me. Sounds like good news for you, actually. More sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->