almost at the maximum allowed weight gain and still have more then 3 months to go!!!

Mrs.Ping

Mom of 1 ! TTC #2!!
Reaction score
well say it all I started this journey at 135 lb and now just tonight I am 157 my max would be 165 for the allowed 30lb. my last ob app was oct 27 I weighed 147 and now have gained 10 lbs in such a short time. this makes me feel like I have to cut back on eating but I only eat when I am hungry and I mean when my belly growls so it's not like I am just eating for fun. I don't eat a lot of sweets and fatty stuff so I have no idea how I am getting all this weight on me. I feel so bad if my tummy growls and I don't eat as I am depriving our baby girl from nutrients! I feel like I want to cry!!:cry: I don't know what to do as these day I am more hungry then ever.

here is a pic of me at 8 wks and then yesterday at 22+3.

Attachments

• DSCN2973.jpg
    DSCN2973.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN3456.jpg
    DSCN3456.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
I wouldn't worry about it too much. You may want to add fats in with every snack/meal as it can help stabilize blood sugar. If you are getting SUPER hungry you may be getting low blood sugar. When mine has dropped I swear it's like haven't eaten in days hungry. Otherwise, worry about the weight after the baby is born. If you gain "too much" it just means you'll have more to take off later.

I started off at the same weight as you, I am 5'8 so fairly tall..and they said my max weight gain should be 35 pounds or total weight of 170...as of two weeks ago I had somehow gained 10 pounds in the previous two weeks which put me at 164.. so I am already up to 29/30 pounds of weight gain!! I can't help it, I exercise 2-4 days a week (depending on how motivated I am) and I eat fairly well, while indulging here and there.

I still fit into my old pants so have no idea where it is all going. I just feel like I have only gained the bump and maybe a bit of side handles.

what kind of fast would you recommend to add. I eat a bout two bowls of cereal a day I do drink a lot of milk and have just recently cut back from whole milk to 2%. my supper usually consist of meat veg and mashed potato. I eat mostly chicken salad subs with everything on them. I try to stay away from the mc donalds and fast food as they do not fill me up just empty calories. I eat a lot of soups progresso mostly and eggs and bagles. i try to eat healthy!

yes I am 5'9 and did not expect to gain so fast but if I keep going at this rate i will be 170 in no time!

Hmm, I don't know what kind of diet advice to offer, I can tell you that eating lots of fruits and veggies is very low calories and you can eat those endlessly. I start out on the morning with three egg whites and two pieces of whole wheat toast with a big glass of skim milk and my decaf coffee. I have an apple and banana or other various fruits for a snack in the AM along with peanut butter toast or a fiber one bar or yogurt with flax seeds. Lunch varies but I usually have a big amount of salad and I'll have a tuna sandwich or soup and more fruit! Dinner I have protein (chicken, beans, lentils, ground turkey) I make a lot of whole grain pastas and mix my meat or beans in with that. I have a big amount of veggies (like the other night I ate an entire head of cauliflower) lol. Then I usually have a snack (popcorn sometimes ice cream, occasionally cookies, fruit)... Last week I got a bag of these belgian chocolates and ate them all though...so some days I'm really bad and other days I am great :) who knows how we gain weight..everyone is different and you looked reaaaallly thin, so maybe it is your body taking everything it needs for baby!!

I was thinking about the whole fruit thing but have a few thing i can't do no nuts no bananas allergic apples make me vomit although I love them. only other fruit I like is pineapple watermelon and strawberrys. I love to eat veggies with some kind of dip but gives me really bad stomach cramps. I have ibs so can only eat these when I feel like a champ! and salad make me curl up in a ball as it upsets my belly big time. i love salad and never had any problem before with it or veggies! I am at a loss. guess i will have to just get used to the fact that I may gain 50 lbs or more. I will have to start walking more but can't exercise to much as I have bradycardia( slow heart rate)and low blood pressure!

I still fit into my old pants so have no idea where it is all going. I just feel like I have only gained the bump and maybe a bit of side handles.

what kind of fast would you recommend to add. I eat a bout two bowls of cereal a day I do drink a lot of milk and have just recently cut back from whole milk to 2%. my supper usually consist of meat veg and mashed potato. I eat mostly chicken salad subs with everything on them. I try to stay away from the mc donalds and fast food as they do not fill me up just empty calories. I eat a lot of soups progresso mostly and eggs and bagles. i try to eat healthy!

yes I am 5'9 and did not expect to gain so fast but if I keep going at this rate i will be 170 in no time!
Olive oil and nuts contain good fats that will help keep you full without adding too many calories.

thanks I can do the olive oil but can't do the nut. I can do peanut butter but not nuts they give me a full on break out of cold sore that just will not go away!

From the picture, you don't look like you've put on weight anywhere except bump. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as You are being healthy and not pigging out, which it sounds like you are. Your body is hungry for a reason :shrug:

I think as a precaution I will call the doctors on monday and see if they can take my sugar levels. if i am eating because of low sugar then that would be something to lookout for. all though my metabolisim has been supper high ever since I was little and I think it may just be in over drive mode atm!

Ya you look tiny to me also, maybe it's all going towards the bump? I agree that if you feel hungry eat... you don't want to deprive the baby because you're scared of weight gain. Maybe do blood test to make sure everything is alright?

Yes I think a watch on my sugars is a good idea. I will be doing the glucose tolerance test at 26-27 wks so still have a ways till then! Diabetes does not run in the family but you can never be sure to in pregnancy. I have talked to dh about my weight gain as it is depressing me a bit and he said that as long as I do my walking I should be fine but if I have to gain 50 lbs then I will and that is fine.

Mrs Ping firstly your avatar pic is AMAZING!

and you still look tiny, I am actually a tad jealous because I swear I look like a beached whale! I find the whole allowed weight gain thing to be quite silly in all honestly because every aspect of a pregnancy is unique except for how much weight you are allowed to put on!

As long as you and baby and still healthy and baby is not the size of a small elephant your all good :)

I think you look fantastic! Wish i looked like you! I feel like a beached whale and have gained a fair bit of weight :(

You look great.

Awww I know people who have that exact same problem, they can't eat like half the veggies out there because of their IBS. I guess there isn't anything else you can do besides what your already doing, you could do simple leg and arm exercises in your house? I don't know, but I'm right there with you on the almost hitting my max weight gain and I have been as healthy as I can :( I guess we can't worry about it til after!!

Don't worry too much.
I was 140lbs and gained 50 and 40 pounds with my first two pregnancies, did not develop preclampsia or diabetes and lost the weight again. If you eat somewhat healthy and exercise, your body will not turn against you and weight is just a number!

Mrs ping- at 5'9, your ideal weight when not pregnant is 152 pounds.It'd you started out at 135 it seems as though you were bordering on the underweight side before you got your BFP so perhaps your body is taking this opportunity to bring you up to your ideal weight and then some to account for baby. It doesn't sound as though you have anything to worry about healthwise. The 30lb recommendation is for those who start out at ideal weight from what I understand! You certainly don't look like a chubba from the pics you posted.

To put it in perspective, I am 5'5, 21 weeks, weigh 135 pounds and still fit in to my UK8/US4 clothes just fine. I've put on 3 pounds during my pregnancy. The doctor says I started at my ideal weight and am following a good weight gain pattern. There is no way that at a whole 4 inches taller than me, that you should be aiming for the same numbers on the scales!

Who the hell makes up these rules anyway? It's crazy. As long as you're eating healthily your body will put on fat in order to feed your baby. If you're breastfeeding it'll all come off again anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->