Almost pos OPK straight after depo?

candypanda

Reaction score
Hiya!
I'm on CD8 straight after depo and had either a period or withdrawal bleed on CD1.
I tested yesterday with an OPK and today, and both times have what looks like a nearly positive opk.

I know some people always get 2 lines even on their period, but what I'm wondering is...if I'm at least getting 2 lines while birth control is probably still supposed to be in effect (with it being depo)...does that mean that there's a chance I could ovulate this month?

Or do people even get 2 lines while on bc? Just wondering if it's a good thing that the hormones are present...I don't know if LH is present even during the pill etc.

Thanks guys

Hiya, I'm in the same boat as you! My depo shot "runs out" in 3 days I've taken ovulation tests that have been damn near positive for the last week or so, so I'm wondering the same, maybe we'll be lucky! :flower:

Hiya, I'm in the same boat as you! My depo shot "runs out" in 3 days I've taken ovulation tests that have been damn near positive for the last week or so, so I'm wondering the same, maybe we'll be lucky! :flower:

I really hope so! Started my agnus castus last night :)

What is agnus castus? What exactly does it do?! Sorry I have heard it mentioned a few times and never asked! My ovulation tests have just come through today so I'm going to do one and see where I am.

What is agnus castus? What exactly does it do?! Sorry I have heard it mentioned a few times and never asked! My ovulation tests have just come through today so I'm going to do one and see where I am.

I think it gets your periods going and somehow makes ovulation happen...ha! Maybe I'm being too hopeful. I'm starting early with all this stuff because i don't want to wait 9 months, then start hardcore ttc and concieving shortly after and thinking i could have gone all out months ago lol!
I did an opk today and it was lighter than the last 2 days :/ they weren't positive anyway...fingers crossed this works. I also got a vitamin b complex...i think b6 is really useful for ttc but don't know why..but you need it in a complex because you need b12 for it to work. sooo complicated lol!

Keep me updated! x

Still no ovulation here, 3weeks post depo. How are you doing? Any luck yet?! I'm becoming impatient!

Don't worry me neither! But I had my AF on 26/11/2013 thanks to agnus castus and aspirin :) so I'm on CD7. Hoping to ov this time next weekish... :) maybe think of giving agnus castus a go? If i don't ov this month I'm going to start iso flavones next month xxx

Hi ladies i finished the depo at the start of November so not been off very long. As no af i bought a thermometer to track my ovulation but only started doing that today. Not sure if u can ovulate with no af though?!?! Anyway thought i would add my bit and hope to follow ur journeys. I have also started agnus castus, how many / what dosage are u taking? Xx

Hi ladies i finished the depo at the start of November so not been off very long. As no af i bought a thermometer to track my ovulation but only started doing that today. Not sure if u can ovulate with no af though?!?! Anyway thought i would add my bit and hope to follow ur journeys. I have also started agnus castus, how many / what dosage are u taking? Xx

You can ovulate with no AF, people on here say you can't but they're wrong, trust me :) looking at cycles is part of my full time job :) The only thing is your lining might be quite thin, it would be best to have an AF and then conceive, otherwise your bean might not stick as well. To increase your lining try POM juice, raspberry leaf tea and also take baby aspirin.
I take the Agnus Castus from holland and barrett, and I take 3x400mg in the morning and 2x400mg in the evening. Good luck, the wait for us girls off depo doesn't have to be 9 months plus, I think a lot of it depends how quickly you decide to take control of your own cycles. It appears that allowing nature to take it's course after depo doesn't work! :) x

That's where i got my agnus castus from as its buy 1 get 1 half price! Lol. I will try the other stuff too. I am also drinking ginger tea as it flushes ur system apparently. I can't believe how much i want a baby, back in September i was happy thinking in a few years... Lol. R u also taking folic acid? I have seen a few post where people r taking that. I haven't bought any yet- i would b like a walking chemist :) i just want to help my body as much as possible xx

That's where i got my agnus castus from as its buy 1 get 1 half price! Lol. I will try the other stuff too. I am also drinking ginger tea as it flushes ur system apparently. I can't believe how much i want a baby, back in September i was happy thinking in a few years... Lol. R u also taking folic acid? I have seen a few post where people r taking that. I haven't bought any yet- i would b like a walking chemist :) i just want to help my body as much as possible xx

Oooo will have to look into ginger tea! I know what you mean, I didn't want a baby a couple of months ago, then I was in hospital for endometriosis and I just got thinking about it and since then i've been a little bit psycho! haha.
Yeah I'm taking folic acid, but i do forget the odd day, I'm taking like 6 tablets a day lol! It's definitely worth it though to feel like you're doing something isn't it :laugh2:

I have bought baby aspirin today and pomegranate juice- not sure about the taste though!!! But if it will help I will give anything a go! How long were you taking agnus castus and aspirin for before af came? I am just really impatient lol I only came off the Depo in 12th November lol. TBH I would be happy to be pregnant this time next year, but I think I am panicking in case I can't and I have buggered up my fertility.

I looked for raspberry tea, I could only find it with other stuff like camomile. Do you drink pure raspberry tea or is that what you have? xx

I think it was just 2 weeks :) It didn't feel like anything was going to happen but when it came it really hurt lol!
I know the pomegranate juice is gross!! It's raspberry leaf tea I drink, I found it in tesco near all the weird boring herbal tea ha!
I'm in a massive rush to get pregnant because I really want an operation in my womb but want to get pregnant before so i don't bugger my chances! I really am trying to rush this way too much I think though lol! xxxx

Hey fellow depo ladies! No period for me yet BUT I think I just got ewcm:happydance: four weeks post depo now! I will do an ovulation test tomorrow, cross your fingers that it's positive!
How are you all doing? :hugs:

Woop for EWCM!! Yay for you! i've had no EWCM yet but my opks are looking better but no positives yet, but I actually have had 2 lines the last few days...fingers crossed for the next few days. If I don't ov this month I'm taking soy iso on CD1 next cycle.
Let us know how you get on!!
x

Hey ladies. I have just got back from a long weekend in Spain. What soy stuff do u take? And also which ov tests are u guys using? I have a temp monitor- forgot to take it to Spain tho :-\ lol xx

Hiyaa hope you had a fab time!
I take this https://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/soy-isoflavones
and I'm using some cheap ebay opks, can't remember the brand don't think they say a name on the pack :)
Going to start temping myself next cycle. x

Cheers re soy stuff. Nothing for me yet..... Just keep on waiting i guess x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"