Aloe Vera Juice - Freaking out!

AF_Momma

Reaction score
We had some bottles of Pomegranate flavored aloe vera juice in the fridge. I used to drink it all the time but hadn't in a while. It looked good so I grabbed it and drank about half the bottle (about 6oz). Then I thought, crap is this safe? I google and see all this info on how unsafe it is and how it should not be consumed by pregnant/nursing moms. I'm freaking out. I have been SOOOOOO careful with so many foods and now in a blink I feel like I did something so wrong and worrying about what it could be doing to the baby :( Ugh I want to cry

I don't think that amount would cause any issues!
I also used to drink pure aloe, and the day after my positive test, had a glass (50/50, mixed with water). Like you, I immediately thought, is this safe, googled it and found out how bad it is. I was so panicked until I had my scan, which showed a healthy baby and heartbeat. I'm sure you and baby are fine, just don't drink anymore :)

I've not heard anything about it but I'm sure you'll be fine. Most people don't follow the guidelines 100% and still have healthy babies.

I'm drinking a ton of plain water hoping to "dilute" it in my system. I know that's dumb but it's my version of damage control and relieve some stress/guilt. Thanks for the reassurance!

The sources I've read say it can cause uterine contractions and a drop in blood sugar. Most likely, you and baby are fine. Many women mistakenly eat something or drink something that may not be best once in a awhile. I think you would have to consume a lot more than you did to cause any negative effects. Don't beat yourself up!

According to American Pregnancy Association it is not safe to drink aloe vera juice during pregnancy. The fact is that it increases uterine contractions and it also lowers the blood glucose levels. Check this article for more information https://www.momjunction.com/articles/is-it-safe-to-consume-aloe-vera-during-pregnancy_00177228/

You should be fine as long.as you've not been getting contractions etc. I sell the Aloe products and as long as you've stopped now everything should be OK. We only advise the yellow drinking gel in pregnancy from 12 weeks + xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->