Already thinking about the birth with our first

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Geesh, I'm nearly 11 weeks and already thinking about the birth!

What will I do? What drugs will there be? How unplanned is it? Can I do as much natural as possible if a usa hospital, what will the doctors say.

I have my first appointment with our obstetrician who will be our delivery doctor when I am 12w6d and I think I will have a million questions....

I'm guessing it's normal to feel nervous with this being our first.

Anyone else's mind running circles thinking about the birth?

I think its totally normal, labour and birth are such a big thing, it's hard not to think about them! Especially with your first when it's all a big unknown. I'm pregnant with my 3rd and thinking about labour, I'm excited to do it again :dance:

I never really thought about it, because the way I saw it, I didn't know what it would be like so there was no point worrying. Here they don't encourage you to write a birth plan because it's rarely followed. Here they ask you as you go along and just see how you feel on the day. I would suggest that you try not to listen to other peoples birth stories too much because they will taint your own view. They will maybe make you think that you can't do it without an epidural, when maybe you can. Just be open-minded the whole time. Do what is right in the moment. If you have questions ask your OB, but remember you have plenty of time so you don't need to ask these things yet. It is normal to be anxious though; just don't let it take over

My advice is to go in with an open mind and don't set your heart on anything. So many people go in with detailed birth plans and feel disappointed when it doesn't go to plan

When i was pregnant with my first i totally didnt even think about the birth! I figured millions and millions of people have done it before me and millions and millions will do it after me, some even do it more than once!
I didnt bother with a birth plan, i just wanted to go with the flow!
You know what... I had the best birth ever with only gas and air. Im excited to do it again!! :haha: yes, im crazy! X

Wise words! This will be my fourth, and everytime I've gone with I will go with the flow, ask for pain relief as I feel its needed. Being as relaxed as you can (mentally, as well as physically) will be such a help. And just being open to whatever is needed. I've got by on just gas and air, but totally fine if this time round I feel like I need more.

When i was pregnant with my first i totally didnt even think about the birth! I figured millions and millions of people have done it before me and millions and millions will do it after me, some even do it more than once!
You know what... I had the best birth ever with only gas and air. Im excited to do it again!! :haha: yes, im crazy! X

I had exactly the same view... Loved giving birth, laughed and joked my way through an induced labour of 2 hours 50 minutes (I fully understand I hit the lucky jackpot!) even, ahem, had a random orgasm right near the end :blush: did anyone else have this? Always been too shy to mention it but hey - all women and wasn't something I could control :blush:

I had exactly the same view... Loved giving birth, laughed and joked my way through an induced labour of 2 hours 50 minutes (I fully understand I hit the lucky jackpot!) even, ahem, had a random orgasm right near the end :blush: did anyone else have this? Always been too shy to mention it but hey - all women and wasn't something I could control :blush:
I slept through mine! I was in established labour for 4hours, including the 51minutes i pushed for - i probs could have done it quicker but i slept between every single contraction lmao :haha:
Orgasm?! No, but apparently you had the best labour ever with that! Fingers crossed for this time!!! :rofl: xxx

Definitely agree with pp :)
My birth plan was basically to see what happened my only instruction was that an epidural or c section was a last resort.
I said I'd start off with my tens machine and then move up through the pain relief if/when needed. My SIL had a very specific birth plan and ended up having a section and was very bitter about it as she didn't get her 'perfect' birth and I had it 'easy'.
Try not to get your heart set on anything labour is very unpredictable but totally worth it xx

Thanks ladies! I would not have thought that not planning much would be best :) I have the same doctor who delivered my godson, and it was high risk with complications so I'm in good hands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->