Alternative Vaccine Schedule?

I haven't had Sapphire vaccinated and at present do not intend to. As well as the possible risks I also have my doubts about how effective the vaccines actually are. They do not actually guarantee to protect against the disease. For example, measles had already declined by 99% by the time the vaccine was implemented. Where it is claimed that vaccination eliminated smallpox, only 10% of the population was ever vaccinated so how can the removal of the disease be attributed to vaccination? I agree that the subject is a minefield and I will continue to do my own research. Most of the diseases which vaccinations are offered for are rare, not life threatening and fully treatable if contracted so in those cases I believe the risks outweigh ay possible gain. I would prefer my LO's immune system to develop naturally and believe that this will be compromised by vaccination.Ultimately every parent's decision is personal but I do despair at parents who blindly trust the word of the health professionals/government and just go along with the herd on such an important issue ( as I admit I did with DD1) and I would urge everyone to make their own informed decisions. Call me a sceptic but I don't automatically swallow the theory that vaccinations are best for our babies and that is the sole motive behind mass innoculation. This link gives a bit of insight into my own personal reasons:
https://www.alternative-doctor.com/vaccination/16reasons.htm

This is an interesting thread.

Is for the MMR I have no doubt about the absence of a link to autism and am surprised people are still discussing that when it is entirely refuted. Considering there still to be a link based on one kooky piece of rubbished research is not entirely logical though of course I understand people being concerned about their baby's safety. I am concerned about the MMR in terms of getting so much at once. I would prefer to go for the single vaccines but we won't be able to afford to do that. If we were getting the single vaccines I would still get them all. lol

Totally agree...

I think everyone is free to make their own choic and do their own research. However, you do have to seriously consider the effects on not only you child, but other children.

Lets face it, I highly doubt any of us are going to lock ourselves and our away from other children. Which is the only effective way to prevent the spread of illness.

How do people knwo what they are reading online is true? How do you know that the website wasn't created by some joe schmo guy who is a professional web designer?

They have done alot of research and its constantly resulted in there being no link to the shots and autism.

Well I know as a parent I would never compromise my child or my beliefs for the "benefit" of someone else. To me vaccinating my child is endangering their life and health...so why would I do that? I'm very careful where I get my info, and I've also discussed it all with our pediatrician who respects our choice and is there to answer any further questions we may have on any of it.

But as far as the autism thing goes, the CDC has even said they can NOT say for sure there is no link, they can't guarantee that either. Also I don't think money would have been awarded to the families with the claims if there was zero evidence. There has to be something there that we just aren't being told or something. I don't think that it would cause it in just any child, I think just certain kids but we can't predict who is more susceptible. But that being said, the autism part was a VERY small part in my decision, more like icing on the cake "they can't tell me for sure they won't have autism so that's enough for me"

Im sorry but to me, as a parent, it is our responsibility to protect EVERY child. I think it is extremely selfish to put other infants and children in danger... If you dont want to vaccinate your child against MMR... fine... but I dont think you have a right to put others in danger.

Here are some good sites showing the mortality and injury rates of unvaccinated compared with vaccinated.... I havent been able to find anything that shows rates of vaccinated children getting autism though. If anyone can find it id love to see it....

https://www.ajph.org/cgi/reprint/75/7/739.pdf
https://www.economist.com/world/britain/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12725316

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a debate....this section is for more natural parents and obviously many of us don't believe in the vaccines, we are discussing it without debate. We aren't pushing it on anyone and I don't appreciate it being pushed on me. If you don't agree that's fine, vaccinate your child, that's your choice, you believe in them and that's fine. But I will NEVER put another child over my own, they come first over any one else, I'm sorry if that sounds bad but I don't care, my kids come first all the time in any situation and I will never do something that I feel with all of my being is dangerous to them. My kids aren't putting any kids in danger, it's not like they carry these diseases along with them...and if you look at the rates of when these "outbreaks" happen soooo many of them, the majority in fact, are vaccinated, not unvaccinated children. Diseases come and go naturally, they naturally will spike up at certain times of the year, or every few years....it's not because of people choosing to not vaccinate. As someone said earlier, many of these diseases were already on the decline BEFORE vaccines were introduced.....these diseases aren't around as much anymore because the treatment is there to stop the spread, we have better sanitation and nutrition which also play a huge part. We know you believe in them...fine your choice. But please don't come in here putting down anything anyone else is saying, people are coming to this thread to find out the other side, the benefits of vaccines everyone knows it's thrown in your face everytime you go to the dr. It's kind of like going into the formula section and promoting breastfeeding....some of us natural moms dont believe in vaccines and we are discussing it, not looking for a debate or someone to come and tell us we are wrong. I have put countless hours of research and thought into my decision and it is RIGHT for us, I don't want to feel like I have to defend it even in here...a debate whatever, but that's not what this is.

I'm all for vaccines but I don't want to have a debate about it! It's every parents' choice to make for themselves I think. I just find it really interesting hearing people's reasons why they do or don't vaccinate.

One thing I've seen a lot of is that we're not being told something, that governments are hiding things from us. But I don't understand this :wacko: In the UK, it's a public health care system so the NHS isn't out to make any money from giving vaccines. I know the drug companies do, but the NHS itself doesn't. So why would they give vaccines if they don't work? And everything is assessed in a cost vs benefit way I think, so if for example they knew that the MMR caused autism, surely they would stop giving it? I would have thought that the cost of giving the jabs plus the cost of supporting families with autistic children would make them stop. Am I missing something really simple? :shrug:

I agree with what Ryder said about internet sources of information. Also as Rachel_C says the NHS is not about deceiving the public as there is nothing to be gained from that so it's irrational to consider it plausible.

There are many sources of information on science and health related issues available online and many of them will be inaccurate or even misleading. The use of vaccines is expensive and there is nothing to be gained through mass vaccination if there is not any scientific evidence to back it up. All our research is publicly available and most of it publicly funded. The NHS is publicly funded and would not spend money on vaccinations if there was not substantial supporting evidence - consider the occasional news items from people who cannot get a rarely used drug that would possibly be their cure because the NHS cannot afford to supply it or because it has not yet been regulated for use in the UK by NICE.

Of course it's impossible to say that something will absolutely never ever cause something else. It's impossible to say for sure the sun will rise tomorrow as some extraordinary unforeseen astronomical event may take place destroying the earth or the sun or throwing out the orbits or something. There is no 100% certain in anything so it's silly to look for that. The way science works is to carry out empirical research and establish probability. The probability of MMR causing autism is enormously slight. There was one single piece of work that was massively flawed and generally not recognised by the scientific community that suggested the link in the first place and there has since been lots of research demonstrating no significance that there is a link. The link was first looked for because the first identifiable signs of autism tend to manifest around the same time as the MMR jab is given but a correlation by no means implies a cause.

the thing is as has been shown in all sorts of things...the NHS chooses the cheapest route with lots of things due to cost involved, hence the government withdrawing single MMR jabs on NHS and then privately. The single jabs were too costly so despite it removing parents choice for the best thing for their child they did it for financial sake. Putting aside the autism queries, lets be honest lumping lots of serious diseases into one vaccine puts an immature, young immune system under a lot of strain. My little girl has her first multiple jabs coming up and it scares me to think of all of it going in her at once

to also back up mummyof3's point, i don't appreciate people forcing their opinions on me that i MUST give my child a vaccine if i feel its detrimental to their health for the 'sake of the greater good'. If i did so against my researched judgement and then in years to come more research came to light and the government says 'oops we got it wrong' and it shows it was the wrong choice to make then i'd feel like the worst parent in the world. As a parent you must go with research and gut instinct and act in the interests of your child and not do what others simply feel you must do - its your child so your decision, no one elses

I totally agree that it is too much pressure on a young immune system, as I mentioned in my first post I would also like to get the single jabs for this reason but can't afford to. I think with the NHS they will of course do what is most cost effective but I believe that if there was a significant difference between the full MMR and individual jabs in terms of detrimental effect then the individual jabs would be given. Also, I think a part of the issue is that a number of parents get very upset about the jabs and after the first one won't go back so by giving all three together it means a more effective vaccination programme.

I do appreciate Ryder's point though about considering others' children. I do think we have a responsibility to all people (not just children) to do the best for them we are able and to consider them in our decisions. After all, in this case, we all put into the bill and we all have to share the same space. It's no good complaining about people not washing their hands or coughing and sneezing all over the place when they have a cold if we don't consider others in our choices about vaccination. I think she has shown a valid side of the argument that ought to be considered when making decisions. I think this applies to all walks of life not just health.

Well I agree to a point with Ryder, sure you have to take other people into consideration to a point, not to the detriment of my own kids though, kwim? I would never do something to intentionally harm someone else, BUT I'm not going to put my kids in danger for the "benefit" of someone else, especially if I don't believe there is even a benefit. Does that make sense? lol

My whole point of my posts though was that it's not a debate, not this thread anyways, it was just a discussion for people that do choose not to vaccinate or do on a different schedule, or people that are interested to find info....not for people to come tell us what we are doing isn't right kwim? I mean the info is all over the place showing why you should, pretty much everyone knows that side, that just wasn't what the thread was about, atleast in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->