Always goes back to cars!

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Last year we got ds cars for christmas and birthday. This year I am completely lost!!

I have ordered figurines and puzzles talking teddies and lots of thomas the tank engine etc.. however all he ever does is play with his thomas or cars. Today I got out his blocks left everything else away he played blocks for 5mins n then went and got out his cars :dohh:

I want him to feel stimulated and play with varried toys but even at nursery all he does is play with cars or trains :dohh:

Do I just encourage him to play different types of toys come christmas (i mean some is thomas and its all things he loves like twirlywoos)

His development is advanced for his age and attention is amazing whilst playing with cars or trains but not so good with anything else.

Its just becoming really hard trying to find things he will like that isnt cars :shrug:

Anyone elses kids only into one thing?? What are you doing? Buying more the same?

I would say it is fine. He is only young and their interests can change very quickly. I would personally just try to find different ways to play with what he loves. Big cars/trucks for digging in the garden, small cars with textured wheels to paint with/run through playdough, duplo or blocks to make tunnels/ramps etc.

Could you find a way he could use other toys while playing with the cars? He could use bricks to build bridges and tunnels for example.

Generally though I thought you a probably best going with toys you know he enjoys for the most part for Christmas, especially as he has lots of opportunity to explore a variety of toys at nursery so it wont be limiting him.

You could also try car themed toys or books. I have got my youngest to look at books by finding lots of car themed ones.

These are nice car themed toys:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Do...45717790&sr=8-8&keywords=melissa+and+doug+car

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Do...5717790&sr=8-15&keywords=melissa+and+doug+car

My sons are 4 and nearly 2, they both play with cars/ trains most of the time. They do build the track and play with imagination. They also love their ride on cars. I sometimes wish they would enjoy other toys more but they're really happy so I don't try to push other things too much. Eta and yes I am buying more of the same!!

Jack was the same for nearly 3 years. He's got a massive box of hot wheels as a result. He loves puzzles and games now that he's a bit older and just recently his newest obsession is Lego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->