Am i a paranoid 1st time mother to be??

DollyDre

Reaction score
Ok so ill start from the begining! Im 19 weeks pregnant (nearly half way :))
I was rushed into hospital 2 weeks ago with what they said was a water infection, my symptoms were......struggling to urinate, always having the feeling of a full bladder and sharp stabbing pains in my lower right back! the pain in my back was so painful i couldnt breath. they told me it was just a water infection and not a kidney infection.
I went to see the doctor a day or 2 before complaining of feeling weak and dizzy and she just said your pregnant what do you expect!!! (*This made me feel angry but also paranoid that i was just being over the top)
so when the pain kicked in 2 days later i left it till mid afternoon by this point i could barely stand, i called my doctor again who said she was too busy to see me but would call back with an over the phone consltation, she called me and i told her my symptoms and she said its just the way the babys sitting on your bladder you will be fine, by 5 o'clock i called an ambulance!!
I was addmitted for 5 days! well on monday i went back to the docs to give another sample of my urine which she said was fine!
But i woke in the night a few times last night struggling to urinate and this morning there was a small amount of blood on the tissue, I've been to the toilet since and its been fine, but I'm so scared but i dont want to call my doctors incase they think oh god here she is again!
They have made me feel like a paranoid first time expecting mum to be and im so upset!!

Sorry about the essay lol and thanks for listening :)

Hi hun, sounds like you've been in a lot of pain but don't be afraid of being paranoid. I say if you're worried and still experiencing pain then you have every right to get it checked out and to feel better. I was really ill over christmas time and my doctor told me I had a cold and to get on with it basically. I knew it wans't just a cold so called the maternity unit at the hospital for advice. They took my name and symptoms and my doctors name and called them on my behalf as they were outraged that nobody was taking me seriously! Turns out I had swine flu! My doctor called me back later sounding very sheepish! Hope things get better hun XXX

Awwww, Dr's like that really get on my wick!!! just because they see it day in day out doesn't mean they can bloody act in such a way!! I would call them, ask to speak to a different doc and if they try to fob you off tell them you're not having it and you know your own body, better safe than sorry. hugs hon x

Thank you for replying!OMG cant believe they missed swine flu! glad your better now!! The doctor and the hospital was annoyed with my doctor and suggested i moved doctors, im thinking of doing this but i really like my midwife, would i have to change her too if i left my practice? :)

oh dear! youve got every right to be paranoid!!! hell, id be a lot worse! what was it in the end? also, id ask to see another dr, she doesnt sound very good. i was petrified when i was in my 1st trimester as i had bad ligament pain. i went to the dr´s and they were great. i got an early scan to check everything was ok, and it was, and a few visits to the drs afterwards as i was scared i was going ot have a MC. they tested my urine and it was always clean as a whistle. they made me feel a lot more comfortable and said that as it was my first, everything was stretching and its never been like that before so it is going to feel a little uncomfy. im off the point now, theres no such thing as a paranoid mum to be i think. i hope you feel better soon! xxx

Thank you for replying!OMG cant believe they missed swine flu! glad your better now!! The doctor and the hospital was annoyed with my doctor and suggested i moved doctors, im thinking of doing this but i really like my midwife, would i have to change her too if i left my practice? :)

i would just ask to be changed to another Dr.

nothing wrong with being extra vigilant. Ur body was telling u something was wrong and u listened to it, good on u! Urine infections can cause backache without the kidneys being infected but usually that much pain would mean the kidneys r infected.

Sod what the doctors think of u, this is your baby and body and u r doing what u can to ensure s/he is safe and u r well enough to support the pregnancy. Could u c a different gp instead of changing practices altogether? I have a choice of 5 doctors at my practice an there r 2 i like to avoid as one tells me im depressed/stressed and the other gives me antibiotics n sends me away, no matter what my symptoms. Ridiculous really!! I had 1 not notice i had swine flu til i was hospitalised a day later! Dont ever feel like u r being neurotic, they do belittle first time mums sometimes and its just rude. I had a doctors attitude change right before my eyes when she realised this was my 3rd. Because im 24 they assume its my 1st. Tried to tell me i was in pain because the baby was growing!!! I had very very bad diahorrea (tmi sorry) i didnt know i was just in agony like i'd never felt before my heart rate was 151 and i was shaking violently. Not normal for the baby growing! Tut.
Stand your ground hunni and dont let them make u feel like a nuisance etc. Take care xx

thats appalling, id put in a formal complaint, the fact she fobbed you off then you ended up in hopsital for 5 days shows she is not doing he job properly.

Rule of thumb...If you think something is wrong then there is something wrong. no one knows your body more than you! You shd go to the docs and if the doc isnt listening then take it to the next level and visit the ER or other doc. Its your body and your baby! I have no faith in the medical professionals anyway as in each and every step they have given me no reason to trust and 100% beleive them.

I have a good Doc but a nightmare of a midwife! I was so shocked to find that in my green notes she had checked a lot of boxes as discussed and written notes as explained when she didnt not even breach the subject with me!....Imagine that!...If you read all my posts then you will know the reasons for my lack of faith.

It is a sad state that u cannot trust the medical professional 100% whcih we so desire to do.

Get better! Take Care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->