Am I being overly paranoid? Test lines @20-23dpo

Moom7900

Reaction score
I know I'm turning myself inside out probably needlessly but I can't seem to help it. My FRER test line was lots darker than the control on Friday 6th with fmu. The lines since then have all been darker than the control, but seem to have fluctuated a fair bit. Today's fmu gave lines much closer in colour and I was panicking, but later after a two hour hold the test line was darker again and the control lighter!
The attached photo is Friday fmu on top and Monday lunchtime probably fourth urine of the day. Does the progression look ok? The control line is darker on Monday's but the test line looks a lot darker too. Both pics were from approx 5 mins after testing.
I also got a 3+ on clearblue Digi on Saturday at approx 6pm, but when my urine is very clear, IC's seem to be a lot lighter, and are lighter when diluted with water so it's not the hook effect this early.
Is it normal to test darker later in the day after a certain point?
Any info? image.jpg

I would stop testing! They are both strong positive tests and many factors will affect how strong the test and control line will be at certain times of the day. I have never had tests that dark and have just had a scan and everything looks fine, so I really wouldn't worry :)

Thanks rose, I know you're right, i'm just finding limbo so scary lol. I had two blighted ovum with my ex-husband as well as 2 healthy pregnancies and a healthy pregnancy with my current husband, so while I know I can carry a baby well, there's always that little niggle of anxiety after previous losses.
Thanks again xxx

I agree with rose. Those tests are both strong positives. There's very little variation in colour? It really is best to stop testing when your lines are that dark. You won't get much more progression than that cause that's as dark as they go. Every test can have a slight difference though which is nothing to worry about as the amount of dye in them can vary. Plus things like urine concentration also play a huge part. They are fantastic lines so try not to worry yourself by over thinking things. And maybe step away from the testing if it's causing you unnesecery worry. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Thanks, Maryanne :) There's so many photos online to compare with and obsess over, and loads that seem so much more obvious with progression.

Thanks for your advice xxxxx

Stop testing! You are at a point now that you will only get lighter tests. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies so I totally understand! My last pregnancy I thought it was happening again. I tested at 5 weeks and like yours my control line was slightly darker again. I freaked out and ran to my doctor convinced it was another chemical. They run hcg tests and all was progressing normal. My son is now 18 months old. I think once you hit 5ish weeks definitely stop as the 'hook effect' kicked in for me. I actually diluted my urine with a little water and the control line was lighter again (so very confusing!).

Thanks Mrs R. I don't think I'm at the hook effect yet but I did another Digi and still 3+ at 5+2 :) also, two of the FRERs from the same pack were different using the same urine. Testing finished lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->