Am I likely to be offered a VBA2C or 3rd section?

MrsReed2015

Reaction score
A little about me..
My first c-section was 9 years ago.. it was an emergency due to pre-e
My second was last Oct, it wasn’t an emergency but was classed as urgent as my VBAC wasn’t going as planned ( my babies heart rate was dipping and after 15 hours of labour I didn’t dilate!)

Do you think I’ll be offered the chance to VBAC? Or is a 3rd section likely due to the factors above and also that my son is almost 9 months so I haven’t had much space in between?

I think I’m swaying towards to another c-section purely because I’m anxious after my attempt at a VBAC...

Hiya,

Ive had 2 cesareans as well!
I do believe you are meant to have a 2 year gap before a vbac? Thats what I was told... have you spoken to your midwife? I will be having a 3rd cesarean... I was nervous at first but they dont seem phased at all, a bit like its normal now xx

I will be seeing my consultant at 16bweeks but that’s aaaggggeeeesssss away!

I will speak to my midwife and see what she says.

I am also wondering this, I have had 2 sections so far one emergency as I had pre e and it was a failed induction.. second one I made it to 41 weeks and still wasn't anywhere near going into labour on my own and I didn't know they couldn't break your waters if had a previous section..

I would love to give birth naturally as the 6 weeks waiting yo drive is not an option as I have to drop DD to school and there is no one else to do it.

I'm more just curious if my waters did break on their own would I be ok to give birth naturally.

I'll be asking at my app too x

I'm curious what your midwife and consultant recommend. I think I'd personally sway repeat section due to the gap. During my last pregnancy I was really pro vbac, but resigned to the c-section because I reallllllly didn't want to end up with one of each with the twins/deliver in the operating room. At my repeat c-section, my scar had separated and was a giant, transparent window eek! The really low stats are usually total ruptures so near misses like mine can go unreported. After that experience, I realized why trusting my medical providers' recommendations was a good idea. Moral of the story: feel confident relying on your drs advice!

Ps congrats on the pregnancy! Having 2 so close should be loads of fun!

This is my 3rd pg & having had 2 cesctions previous, neither emergency but in the UK they dont like you to have a natural vaginal delivery after 2cs.. you could always push for one but i think you would need to be highly monitored through labour

I think after your experience with your last one they will likely push for a repeat section lovely and the fact of how close together they were, they like 2 years between.

I am also wondering this, I have had 2 sections so far one emergency as I had pre e and it was a failed induction.. second one I made it to 41 weeks and still wasn't anywhere near going into labour on my own and I didn't know they couldn't break your waters if had a previous section..

I would love to give birth naturally as the 6 weeks waiting yo drive is not an option as I have to drop DD to school and there is no one else to do it.

I'm more just curious if my waters did break on their own would I be ok to give birth naturally.

I'll be asking at my app too x

I had a planned section with my second son, section was booked for my third at 38+5 however my waters broke at 36+5, due to them breaking at 2:30am I was given the choice, do I want to try vbac or go for a section.. I asked to try but by 10:30 nothing had happened and I wasn't contracting anymore so ended with a low grade emcs. x

Any VBAC in the UK require you to be wired to your bed the entire time you're in labour as safety precautions. You have to buzz to go to the toilet as they have to remove your monitors and put them back on. It's a ballache!

They will probably try walk you down the CS route but it's whatever you want. Your consultant will advise best.

10 months is a pretty close gap and you will have a higher chance of rupturing, but they are slim and sucessful VBACs are possible. Hell, I was scared after 3 years post CS. I did have scar pain which the MW tried to disregard but managed to deliver DD2 safely :)

Hi, ive had 2 sections, my first 2 born by sections, at the hospital they assumed me down as section again. I told them no they wasnt really happ about it, but its our own choice at the end of the day. And i did manage a vbac after 2 sections! And also this was getting pregnant again at 6 months after my last section so it is very possible! At the end of the day, your body and its your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->