Am I the only one who gets upset?

I gave birth to my little angel at 21 weeks 3 days and we only had 15 precious minutes with her, if our little girl would have survived she would have had health problems and we would have dealt with that but sadley it wasnt to be. With this baby i will be celebrating the 24 week milestone not because i want baby to come then but i will celebrate it as i know if my child comes early again, at 24 weeks they will have a better chance of survival at 24 weeks even though they may still have health problems

:hug::hugs:. Sorry for your loss hunni and i totally agree with what you are saying. I celebrated the 24 week mark its just a nice thought that are little ones have a chance :hug:
xx

I agree. I have an incompetant cervix and had to have stitches in at 21 weeks to stop me from losing our little boy - something which was apparantly only days away from happening. I was relieved to make it 24 weeks because then I knew there was a chance that he would be alright, at least the hopsital would fight to save him. I'm still terrified of going into premature labour but count each day he stays put as a blessing and an extra day of maturing that my little Pip is doing.

I have literally only just seen this thread and although i understand what you mean by what a baby goes through if it were to be born at 24 weeks.

I think what is mean't, certainly by me is that when yo get to 24 weeks, it's kind of the thing you can cling to about "if" the worst were to happen and you did go into labour, the baby would have a better chance of survival than at 20 weeks etc.

I don't think anyone wants a baby born at 24 weeks.

Not sure you have got the reason why people do / say it!

Just to agree with the other ladies really ..
I will indeed be happy to hit the 24 weeks mark , I wouldnt of course want baby to come then , But at least if anything happened the hospital would treat my baby as a baby not a feteos (I dont agree with the hospital practice a baby is a baby but thats how they see it).
So i see no harm in celebrating a milestone .... I was over the moon and celebrated my 12 week milestone so its a little like that :) . xxxxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->