Am i wrong?

mz_jackie86

Reaction score
I was talking to my friend today and she mad a few comments that really pissed me off and when i told her she said she was jokin n to lighten up!
She was jokin babies dad cudnt deny the baby was his when it comes out mixed as he mixed race n i am white.
Then she said it could be a throwback and come out really dark but not to worry she loves digestive biscuits and i had a go at her!
Its one thing makin those comments but another sayin about my bloody baby, she said cos she was jokin im over reactin!

Do you think i was, or was i well within my right to have a go!?

I don't even get her 'joke' :\

I am not sure what the biscuits is about but I wouldn't be so upset about the mixed thing. DH and I always joke around about knowing it's his baby because of the mix (he is vietnamese). My son is mixed with black but looks hispanic and his son is viet/chinese and looks like he might be mine and it's always a joke amongst the adults (never in front of the kids). Again I do not know the whole story but I wouldn't be mad over that comment.

well within your right sweeetie!! thats horrible!! :hug: for you! xx

No your not overreacting, your friend is an idiot IMO.
Your baby may come out looking really white but have real black features or vice versa.

I havent actually thought abot what colour my baby will be tbh (im black, babys dad is greek/itallian)... im not really fussed as long as shes ok!

I would be pissed off too, she needs to keep comments like that to herself :hug:

um, not cool :(
Did you explain to her that in order for it to be a joke, there has to be some element of humour?

i told her to keep her bloody opinions to herself! and to F**k Off!
I was not impressed!

People can be such dorks about so-called "mixed" relationships and/or babies. I generally let them blather on, unless they say something unquestionably offensive, as it reflects more upon their insecurities tha it does mine.

I agree with beancounter. Totally not cool. I mean, WTF did she expect you to find funny? 'Don't worry, I'll like your baby if its black because I like chocolate biscuits' Your totally justified.

People should keep their thoughtless comments to themselves:hissy:

I hope you have better friends than her:hugs:

friend? i wouldnt even say that to my worst enemy, you dont need people like that in your life hun xxx

i get upset sometimes when people comment about how my baby will look like! you have all right to get upset, it's how you feel and you can't deny that. It's one thing when i comment on my baby's looks, and i do quite a bit as my babe will be 1/4 japanese, 1/4 white, 1/2 filipino, but when other people do, some comments i don't take lightly! It may be funny for them and all a joke, but i don't take it that way and it is ok for me to feel that way. how dare they make jokes at my baby's expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->