• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amanda Knox

I have no idea what to think, this case really throws me.

Enjoying reading the posts so far!

The guy who is still serving time for it, what does he say about the other two's involvement in it?

He kept changing his story and had allegedly said to a friend over Skype that they weren't involved when the media frenzy started. He implicated them to get a lighter sentence (from 30 years to 16) and his latest version is that they murdered her whilst he was in the bathroom after having sex with Meredith (so therefore claiming to be innocent)

Dezireey. are you talking about the photo when the bathroom literally looked like it was caked with blood? Because that was making the rounds, but was eventually de-bunked.

https://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html

This site is also good to counter a lot of the forensic evidence that the prosecution used, such as the footprints and the bra clasp.

Also, this article does a decent job at exploring her character assassination and outlining the timeline of the night: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627

I dunno, I'm really uncomfortable with two people being put away for life when seemingly nothing concrete has been brought to the table.

I agree. I don't know either way (obviously) and don't have a gut feeling but I'd much rather a guilty person go free than an innocent person spend their life in prison.

I keep changing my mind on this one but I too have followed it from the start with interest. I think I believe that Knox and sollecito are innocent, although I do think Knox is a very un-likeable person, but then of course that doesn't make someone guilty of murder.

I have noticed on the news etc how reporters seem to have almost forgotten that someone is already serving time for Meredith's murder? That always seems to go unmentioned when it's quite possible that he was the only person involved and this case is being dragged out far longer than necessary.

I too think that if Amanda Knox is innocent, why shouldn't she be able to tell her side of the story to reimburse her family for their finacial support over the years. I find it hard to believe someone who killed a girl could so brazenly make up stories to make money from but then I suppose anything is possible.

Sadly poor Meredith's family never know the truth and they are the real victims here.

Dezireey. are you talking about the photo when the bathroom literally looked like it was caked with blood? Because that was making the rounds, but was eventually de-bunked.

https://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html

This site is also good to counter a lot of the forensic evidence that the prosecution used, such as the footprints and the bra clasp.

Also, this article does a decent job at exploring her character assassination and outlining the timeline of the night: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627

I dunno, I'm really uncomfortable with two people being put away for life when seemingly nothing concrete has been brought to the table.

I have never known, nor really followed the case. This is the best info I have seen.

From what I've seen of the case, I don't believe she's guilty. But there's a lot of great info on here and definitely food for thought. Its been a while since I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments! :flower: (Hope that's not taken in a bad way!)

ooh interesting points.

For those who have been following it in depth do you know why the guy who is still in prison got a lesser sentence then the other 2?? (unless I have my facts wrong - which very could be the case)

He initially had a much longer sentence but it was reduced to 16yrs on appeal

Didn't he plead guilty thus shortening his sentence for being helpful? I might be making that up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->