amber necklaces and adults

claire-lou

Jack & Martha's Mummy
Reaction score
I've read alot of reviews about amber necklaces and babies and have just ordered one for Jack. While shopping I saw an amber braclet for adults which is suppost to have the same properties. Does anyone have any experience with these and do they work as well? The reason I ask is that my nan has terminal cancer and although her pain is controlled at the moment one of her main concerns is that it wont be at some point. I'm thinking of getting her one but just wondered if they work.

I don't have any experience but I have read about them being used for pain relief in adults too. I would probably get her one anyway, might put her mind at rest for the time being, it must be so scary knowing you might end up in pain soon. I think it's a good idea. :(

that was what I was thinking but then I didn't want to get her hopes up as it being some miracle cure.

Yeah I guess so, I wonder if you could find one that comes with a bit of information about it, then she might know what to expect? I mean, I can't imagine it dealing with cancer pain to the point of getting rid of it, but it might help a bit? And I guess as it's natural it doesn't matter what other drugs are being used so it's worth a try? Maybe have a google search to see if anyone else has used it for anything like that.

I just had a quick look on internet and all I could find was stuff saying that adults use them for mild pain relief, they promote healing and were good for things like back pain, arthritis and things. :shrug:

When the body’s cells are chronically inflamed the human body’s immune system response is to increase production of free radicals. Chronic overproduction of free radicals results in inflammatory-related disease. Chronic inflammation is a common denominator of many seemingly unrelated diseases. Some examples of inflammatory-related disease are:

Allergies, asthma, arthritis, alzheimer’s disease, many types of cancer, digestive system disorders and diseases, fibrosis, heart attack & heart failure, type II diabetes, lupus, MS, etc.

I found that on this website:
https://www.naturalchoicesforliving.com/catalog.php?category=79

Just realised that quote has no relevance as I haven't included the bit about amber :dohh: Here is more of it:

How can baltic amber help us?

•Restoring Energy –
The human body naturally produces succinic acid. The salt of succinic acid (succinate) is one of the most active substances in the processes of cellular respiration and intercellular energy creation. Succinic acid restores oxygen and energy supply to depleted cells and helps the body return to a normal, functioning state.

Succinate is a raw material and a catalyst in the Krebs Cycle which is one of our main sources of energy. During the Krebs Cycle carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are metabolized for energy.

•Maintaining Wellness - When the human body reacts to stress, the body’s cells begin to use oxygen more quickly. Oxygen plays a central role in the intercellular creation of energy, and a lack of oxygen can result in feeling lethargic.

Oxygen is alkaline-forming in the blood and maintaining a slightly alkaline blood ph helps keep us healthy. Whenever the body functions in a state of low oxygen, it is much more susceptible to illness.

•Pain Relief
•To help break a cycle of (chronic) inflammation
Where chronic inflammation is present, disease lurks.
When the body’s cells are chronically inflamed the human body’s immune system response is to increase production of free radicals. Chronic overproduction of free radicals results in inflammatory-related disease. Chronic inflammation is a common denominator of many seemingly unrelated diseases. Some examples of inflammatory-related disease are:

Allergies, asthma, arthritis, alzheimer’s disease, many types of cancer, digestive system disorders and diseases, fibrosis, heart attack & heart failure, type II diabetes, lupus, MS, etc.

Hi Claire i am sorry to hear about your nan hun big hugs to you all, my mom has an amber braclet and she swears by it she has colon cancer and diverticulis disease and on her bad days she says she is not as bad as if she doesn't have her braclet on, for christmas i have bought her an matching necklace as they say the more you have on apparently the better it will work.
Hope this helps hun and it brings your nan some comfort when she needs it x

I'm sorry to hear about your nan. I'd get her a bracelet or necklace or both even if you're not 100% convinced they'll work. I bought a bracelet (a £3.99 cheapie from ebay) for my sister who was having trouble with her wisdom teeth coming through and after not long of wearing it, her pain had gone completely even though her teeth were still coming through. Whether it was co-incidence or psychosomatic or whatever, it doesn't matter! She still wears it even though she hasn't had any pain for ages. Even if it only helps your nan a little bit, I think it'd be worth it.

I had chemo a couple of years ago and I used a homeopathic remedy (worth a go!) to control pain. I'm not sure if it really worked or whether I just thought it did, but I didn't care why. I wish I'd known about baltic amber then... especially as it's supposed to help your immune system, which is often compromised in people with cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->