amount of bottles?

wishiwas

Mom to a rainbow baby :)
Reaction score
I hope you all don't mind me posting here a little early :flower:

I was wondering how many bottles I should buy. I plan on breastfeeding, but have an open mind if that doesn't work out. I'd also like dh and grandparents to be able to feed occasionally. Right now I have 8 Dr. Brown's, 3 Breastflow, 2 Avent, and about 8 assorted bottles whose brand I don't know off the top of my head.

I know that seems like quite a variety, but I didn't want to invest in an entire line of one brand if LO decides she doesn't like a particular one. My favorite right now is the breastflow, as it is shaped somewhat like a breast and baby has to use the proper tongue placement like she would at a breast. I decided to pick up dr. brown's as well after hearing a lot of good reviews.

Anyway, I was curious as to how many you have bought/intend to get?

I have about 10 hun 8 large ones and 2 smaller ones! That is it for me! :o x

I've only bought one :D in case of emergency! Plus a ready made carton of formula milk & some steralising fluid. I'll send OH out if we need more, but hoping the breastfeeding works out for us.

I also plan on breastfeeding exclusively and I only bought 4 bottles. If it's not enough we can always go out and get more especially if LO doesn't like them :)

Before Anna was born I bought a tommee tippee steriliser which also included 4 bottles.

When Anna was a few month old I picked up another pack of 4 bottles (as they were only £5)

That was more than enough!

Sterilisers generally only hold 4 bottles at a time too:flower:

i have the first years breast flow as well....
about 8 small and 2 large ones... they were only 20bucks for the set!
plus when I bought my mipump it came with 2 small breastflow bottles

I'm going to try to BF also. I have a small avent that came with a steriliser, a small tomee tipee and a 3 pack of those breastflow bottles. Hopefully will only need the breastflow for a few weeks at least.

Wow that is a LOT of bottles! If BF doesn't work out you would only need one bottle to get you through to until you could send somebody out for more, or just clean it and reuse it, it doesn't take long. If you will be using a steriliser, you won't be able to fit that many in so you won't be able to use them all, and I would also bear in mind how many bottles your LO is likely to use in one day. My LO never used more than 8 in 24 hours so any more would have been pointless - once out of a steriliser and put together, bottles don't stay sterile for long so you wouldn't need to do loads at a time. Also, if you were planning to wash them once you've used all of them, YUK! The milk will be smelly by then and formula is bad enough without being off :lol:. So don't buy any more is my advice! It may take a few attempts to find the right bottle but lots of babies will just take the first bottle they're offered if they're really hungry (in a BF failing type of situation, rather than just convenience for the parent) so you should be fine with what you have.

Thanks for the advice! If I have too many, I could pass them on, so not worried about that, just about not enough lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->