And we're done.....

candyfloss

Reaction score
.....gave William his last feed on Saturday night! 17 and a half months our journey lasted, so proud of me and him and the boy he's becoming, he was getting less and less interested in the bedtime feed so decided now was the time to stop when he's showing signs he's ready to do so.

Bought him some 'big boy pjs' (with stars on as he loves them!) and a 'big boy cup' to have some milk in before bed and told him as he's such a big boy now the booby juice has all gone! But mummy loves him very much and is proud of him (etc etc!)

He had a bit of a moan last night at bedtime but not properly upset, was sleeping within about 5 minutes, had to pick him and and put him down again a few times but he handled it so much better than me, I came out of him room and sobbed for about 10 minutes!

So emotional to stop, upset I'll not be able to offer him that instant comfort a bf gives him, and that I won't have sleepy bf cuddles in bed with him again, but so thankful I was able to do that in the first place! He's just down for a nap now without bf as well and again he moaned but not much.

Will have to try for another baby now.....(not yet, but thought of sharing bf with another baby does make it easier to stop!)

Congratulations on doing so well, you should be really proud :flower:

Before I started bf'ing I didn't realize what an emotional rollercoaster it would be. I assumed it was just food but it's so much more :hugs:

Thank you :)

Said to my OH last night when I'd finished crying that I didn't expect him to understand,if I'd not done it I wouldn't have so can't expect a man to! He's always been so supportive.

well done for getting to 17 months :) I think I will feel quite sad too when we reach the end.

Well done! Thats an amazing achievement. I hope things settle down soon. You are right to feel very proud of yourself x

Congratulations, that's such an amazing achievement :D

your posts have moved me to tears. Well done you x

Aww, thanks for sharing - so lovely, yet very emotional! You should be very proud x

Thanks ladies, wasn't expecting many replies!

Last night he complained for around 20 seconds, then was asleep in about 10 mins, I'm definitely missing it more than he is!

Now just need to work on him not needing me in the room as he falls asleep....!

Thanks again, hope you all enjoy your journey as much as we have!

That made me well up and feel all choked! Well done cf, you've done amazingly well. :thumbup:

Il be happy if I get to one month and 17 is amazing and ur such an inspiration x

Congrats on bfing so long! I'm glad your son is handling the ending of it so well, even if it's hard for you. At this point I can't imagine ever stopping bfing, but it'll probably be inappropriate to keep doing it until she's 15 lol!:haha:

Aww. You've made me tear up too. You did so good hun!! You should be super proud. :hugs::hugs:

Well done!! and :hugs: to mummy for coming to the end of a precious journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->