• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andrew - born at 29 weeks!

well done Andrew your really coming on a treat. How old is he now? x

well done Andrew your really coming on a treat. How old is he now? x
He's now 24 weeks, 13 weeks corrected. He has his "half-birthday" later this month, and this weekend we're celebrating the anniversary of his conception!

Curious little health "issue", not that we're worrying overly about it. The day after his hospital check-up, we noticed a tiny blood-red pinprick in his eye, next to the iris. Looks kinda like a burst blood vessel. It's now shrinking and fading, and the Paediatrician has decided not to get it checked immediately but to wait and see if another appears, or whether it was indeed just a burst blood vessel from a crying session. He's due at the hospital this Friday for his RSV jab anyway, so they're going to check his blood pressure then.

Cute photo from the weekend, he's beginning to enjoy spending time on his playmat.

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020985.jpg

Hey! He's the right way up this time. Those cheeks look like they are great for blowin raspberries.

Gorgeous.

What a cutie he is gonna melt those girls hearts!

Hes coming along fab!!!! well done

It's Andrew's half-birthday tomorrow and I wanted a weight for the records, so I dragged myself out of bed early today so that we could make it to the HV clinic before the crowds :D

Andrew is now a whopping 4.025kg - 8lb 14oz in old money. That's another 5 ounces since last week so, despite him turning his nose up at large bottles of EBM, he's still putting on the weight.

We started on breakfast this week (fruity porridge), and he glared at me as if to say "How dare you try and feed me at this unearthly hour!" :D I am also now going to start him on protein with his tea (meat, fish etc).

The bloodspot in his eye has faded and no more have appeared, so I'm stopping worrying about that. They didn't manage to check his bloodpressure at the hospital, had half-a-dozen attempts but the machine didn't want to work with such a tiny armband. He seems fine in himself.

Well done Andrew, what a trouper!

you must be so pleased, he has come such a long way.

Good luck with the new food. I am going to try Rose with chicken this week too.

I love the pic too!

Yeah, I need to start Abby on meat and stuff. So far we've stuck with veg, lentils and stock. Anabel Karmel does a great recipe for lentil soup:thumbup:

I know they say to start with chicken and fish, but I actually froze some cubes of puree'd mince last week. (BTW puree-ing meat is bleurgh, no wonder they say you should wait until baby can handle lumps!)

Andrew certainly liked the taste (mixed with potato, carrot & cauliflower) and it hasn't made a reappearance yet.

Picked up some bargain price (29p) baby spaghetti in B&M earlier, that's two bags of spaghetti I have now - hope Andrew likes pasta!

Happy
Half-Birthday
to my beautiful, miraculous little boy

I love you so much,
my precious
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members