Angel Babies - Let's make our rainbows!

Hi so sorry ive been mia. How have you all been? I am now in an unexpected tww.
Xxx

Plodding along. Seems like my longest cycle yet when it actually isn't!

When's AF due?

Hi ladies--I'm on cycle day 3 now. I have a really odd question for you ladies ...my miscarriage was in December. For January, I went CRAZY I was so determined to get pregnant. Like, I was completely obsessed. (I'm a teacher, and I was out for Christmas break, so a big part of it was just too much time on my hands.) But now, thinking about testing in February, I feel really apathetic. I mean, I know we still want another baby. (Really, really want another one!) But as far as trying, and testing, and charting, and symptom spotting....blech!!! I just feel so tired. This will only be our 7th cycle trying, so its not like we've been trying an excessive amount of time or anything.

I don't know what my deal is... maybe its a subconscious defense mechanism--if I don't feel invested, I can't feel let down. I don't know. Have any of you felt like this?

We are still going to TTC, and we still want a baby, I just feel weirdly detached and tired of the whole process.

Maybe its just lack of sleep lol.

If you need a "mental" break then take it. Don't stop BDing but to stop obsessing is a good thing.

I went to a fertility clinic because we weren't getting pregnant, I was bding, temping, opking twice a day, poking, monitoring, prodding and praying to the unicorn god of fertility and sperminess.

You get the idea.

Fertility doc looked me straight in the eye and said STOP IT. This is the one thing in life that "more effort does not equal better results" in fact stressing about it can tell all the cortisol in our body to get out there and suppress any system (fertility) that is going to hinder our survival during times of stress.

I stopped temping, had a drink, ate what I wanted, exercised, had fun sex rather than regimented baby-making machine sex and guess what... bam, preggo.

Now that ended in a MC through a freak egg that got fertilized by two sperm, or an egg with extra chromosomes... whatever it was, it didn't turn out.

But it was a great lesson in biological systems and a good moment of "i told you so" from the doc.

I'm still temping this month because this was the month following the MC and I wanted to know wth was going on. But next month... meh. I'm planning on just having lots of fun sex and doing an OPK from CD 12 until +ive and try to relax because I've learned my lesson.

Anyway I'm sharing this because I don't think that a mental time-out is a bad thing. It sucks waiting to exhale and sometimes you can feel like you are suffocating.

Thanks Vivian --I think that's really good advice, and exactly what I needed to hear. Plus, you made me laugh with "the unicorn god of fertility and sperminess."

Like I said, I know we want #2. But, I think you're right that I have to relax about it. God's got perfect timing, and I need to cool it and wait. I really appreciate the response!!

Hey man, the unicorn god of fertility and sperminess is a real thing, he farts rainbows and babies hang off his horn... kind of like a stork but less bird and more horse.

Good luck to you my dear - you will find your way. It's such a fine line between being fully informed and being a raging TTC maniac.

I think we've all been there, if but for a moment.

Hey man, the unicorn god of fertility and sperminess is a real thing, he farts rainbows and babies hang off his horn... kind of like a stork but less bird and more horse.

Good luck to you my dear - you will find your way. It's such a fine line between being fully informed and being a raging TTC maniac.

I think we've all been there, if but for a moment.

And that one made me laugh even harder!! Thanks, girl--I needed the laugh, and its (as always) good to know I'm not alone.

Amelia your crackers :rofl:

So I tested this morning. Can still see a slight line. Still no darker. Looks like craps tests and AF will be on time :(

Let's not jump guns babe. We all saw something... it could be a bad batch.

I'm holding hope for you... unless you don't want me to and I won't. I know how annoying it can be when you certain you are out and people get all in your face about how they are crossing fingers etcetc and you just want to say "NO I AM GETTING MY PERIOD"... lol

That chicken recipe you posted looks awesome btw.

I just want to be pregnant :(

Thanks. It's tasty! The recipe is on the Slow Cooker Group :)

I want it for us all!

Looks like AF will be here bang on time. Temperature dipped this morning!

I understand the feeling, brunette!

I think AF has finally stopped today (CD 5) so in the next few days we will start this whole process all over again! But I'm still determined to be relaxed about it this month. I doubt I'll be very successful lol, but I'm going to try.

:lol: I say that every month!

AFM - Temperature has gone back up. Had to take 20 minutes earlier as Tristan woke up. Cramping and very sore boobs.

I got my :bfp: this morning. So excited but terrified!
https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Snapbucket/D65F3AA7-DD7B-45A3-AC2E-FFEF68B3FB75_zpshx53e0nl.jpg

How's everyone else getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->