Angelynn Updates

T

turbo_mom

Well I just figured since there's so many pages in the other thread that i'd start a new one for her updates!! Than it's easier to read.

So yesterday Angel was having a pretty good day. She was doing well all morning and then when I went to visit her I was encouraged to "cradle" her in my hands (one hand on top of head other at feet) so she feels secure. When I did that her oxygen needs went WAY down. They went from 92 to 58 in the first ten mins. She was doing very well.
But today she is having a rather up and down and very touchy day. Her oxygen is back up in the 80-90% range. I cradled her for a while and oxygen sat at 80% for a good 15 mins then she went back down. She's been super sensitive and touchy the last day that they have been keeping her on fentanyl and morphine to help keep the edge off and keep her comfortable. I'm not sure what's bothering her but I think it could be the fluid build up in her lungs. She's still having issues getting that fluid to stay out and her lungs are not maturing very well.

Unless her setting go down on this Osc ventilator and she can stay stabelized she will remain on this one. So she's being a naughty girl. Until she gets back on the conventional ventilator and stays stable on it for a couple days there will be no kangaroo care. She's just too touchy and squirmy. She keeps having one really good day and then one not so good day. But it's perfectly understandable and im ok with that. I just want her to start getting better :(
I'd love to see her on the conventional ventilator because that would mean she's getting better and her lungs are getting stronger. But it's just going to take her a little while longer.
Just have to take it one day at a time. I know she will get there it's just going to take a little bit longer. So hopefully tomorrow is a good day and she can keep having better days! I will keep u all posted!

:hugs: thanks for the update hun....Still thinking about all 3 of you :hugs:

Aww, I'm glad she had a good day. She's a very strong young lady. You must be very proud :)

Thanks for the update Steph. It's lovely to hear how her oxygen needs went down when you cradled her, so sweet.:hugs:

Such a strong little girl :)

wish you all well

x

Thanks for the update. I hope your angel has a speedy recovery :hugs:

Thinking of you all. Thanks for the updates. X

Still praying for all of you, glad to hear that she's still fighting!

Ooh glad you got to hold her hun! And glad to hear she is still as strong as ever. Thinking of you all during this time (HUGS)

Oh sorry mago I didn't hold her yet. It's going to be a while at least another week or two until we star kangaroo care. I cradled her in my hands in the incubator. I didn't actually hold her.

But she's still having a bit of a rough time and it's because her lungs are not maturing. I guess the doctor wants to talk to me tomorrow to discuss giving her some meds for her lungs so i'm a little scared as to why they need our approval.. Im a little worried about the side effects.. But I will find out when I go tomorrow what's going on with that.. But not much has changed right now she's still fighting hard though! Her day started off good but now she's still going up and down with her saturation and oxygen levels. I really hope they can smooth this out soon I hate that she's having such a rough time. Her PDA was fixed and she should be feeling better but she's not. It just makes me feel so helpless and sad for her :( I keep resenting that stupid infection. If there was no infection she would be ok!!! It's frustrating :(

as frustrating as it may be...at least she is still fighting. think positively

Aww, im sure everything will be fine! try to stay strong for little Angelynn. Like I said in your other thread, my little baby was in an incubator and not well at birth, but nowhere near as bad as your little one, yet I was a wreck! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Please try to be positive as Ersurgeongirl said, im sure it is hard for you, but your little girl is a fighter.

You are an outstanding mom. Your little girl knows that already and you make her feel better. You should be very proud. I hope your husband is feeling okay too... You guys are very brave and obviously so is your cutie pie! My partner and I are really thinking of you 3...

I'll keep your little girl in my thoughts and hope she becomes well enough for kangaroo care soon!

I just want to say that I'm thinking of all 3 of yo. Angelynn is a little fighter sweetie xxxx

Thank you so much ladies your kind words and support brings tears to my eyes. It truly does mean so much to me. :)

Saw Angel last night and they had given her a blood transfusion but they had to put a line in through her head :( That way they can keep giving her blood anytime if she needs it. But it seemed to help her a great deal her oxygen levels were down to 57!!!! But she really doesn't like that needle thing in her head. She kept putting her hand up by it and almost seemed like she was going to pull it out LOL she's getting so strong though. She was actually pushing her body up off her bed and was wriggling up the nurse had to keep repositioning the ventalitator tube. She was so squirmy. But it's awesome to see that :D
And they saved her hair for me so it's like her first haircut. I thought that was so sweet that made me so happy :) She kept opening her eyes and for a few seconds she was looking right at me as I was talking to her and it made my knees weak. I can tell she was focused on me because her eyes were open and not moving. Babies just have rapid eye movement and can't really control it. She has such beautiful deep blue eyes!!! Infortunately i'm still just a big fuzzy blob and will be for quite a while but I think it's amazing that she can even tell!!!!
Anyways we'll be going back today after lunch to talk to the doctors and see what is going to happen with these meds and her lungs. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I will let you all know

Also I never mentioned that I have a yeast infection and strept throat now...
I tell you I don't know what else I could go through. First was my cold, then labour and delivery, then infection, then I got nasty cold sores all over my lips (I get one little cold sore every few months and these attacked me full force) and now this!!! I'm actually not upset I'm finding it quite humurous. So now I have to become a super anti-germ girl and wash my hands all the time and carry hand sanitizer in my purse. Maybe it's a hint for me to stay home and sleep more. But damnit I want to shop! LOL
But my scar is healing up the doctor looked at it yesterday. The purple/red color will go away about a year after and also the numbness I feel won't totally dissapear for like a year! I've already tried shaving where it's numb feeling but it really bothers me. Pretty weird....But it's starting to look more like a scar now almost all the scabs are gone. This is the biggest thing I have ever gone through. I've never had stitches or a broken bone in my life!!! But I know it's there because of Angel and I would proudly show it off but that wouldn't be appropriate hehehe. Anyways enough babbling for today :)

Hun my purple/red lump on my scar is just going now after nearly a year so it does go eventually.

You are doing a fantastic job, both yourself and jay have been so brave and coping so very well.

You have an amazing little girl who is fighting so much and she is being helped because she knows how much she is loved :)

Keep strong all of you ... your all doing amazing

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"