Angry and upset....

LollyPop24

Proud Mummy of 1 - TTC #2
Reaction score
I just mentioned to a friend that we were trying for another baby and he was less than impressed.

He's trying to make me feel bad about the effect it will have on Harry and how selfish I am for not being a Stay at Home Mum (I work 3 days a week because I have to). I told him it was none of his business but I am having a wobble.

Am I being selfish wanting another child but not being able to stay at home full time?

I don't see how that is selfish, I don't know very many mothers that can be with their children 100% of the time. He's a selfish friend for thinking his opinions on a situation he's not involved in is better than yours.

How is it not fair on your son? Your son is 5 days older than my oldest and she already has a 19m old sister. I can't see what would not be fair about it? My two are the best of friends. I am also pregnant again now so with your friends thinking that would not be fair on my other two? I don't understand.

There are a lot of working mothers out there. It's a case of you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I gave up work and i get the comments about how boring my life must be just with my kids 24/7.

Thank you. He doesn't have children or even a partner but says he is ''Thinking about potential little ones being brought into this situation'' instead of ''being selfish'' like me.

He also said that he can't understand modern women who have children for somebody else to raise them so that they can continue their careers. I think it is up to the individual but in my situation I work as little as financially possible. I would give up my job in a heartbeat to raise my babies if I came into some money.

How is it not fair on your son? Your son is 5 days older than my oldest and she already has a 19m old sister. I can't see what would not be fair about it? My two are the best of friends. I am also pregnant again now so with your friends thinking that would not be fair on my other two? I don't understand.

There are a lot of working mothers out there. It's a case of you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I gave up work and i get the comments about how boring my life must be just with my kids 24/7.

He says he doesn't have enough of my time as it is and it wouldn't be fair to have to half that. He will be starting school next September so he wouldn't really notice.

I really need to get a move on huh? Fingers crossed very soon then there will only be 4 years difference in age.

i dont think its selfish at all. its annoying when people bust your bubble with negativity. try not to worry about his negative opinion , i hope you feel better :)

Sorry your friend said that too you and made you doubt yourself as a mother and woman. Whatever you and your OH decide is up to you and I'm sure in the best interest of your family. Good luck.

A few friends have called me selfish for wanting a baby asap after marriage, but it's not their decision, it's DH's and mine alone so they can shove it. Just like your friend. You and OH know where you stand on things, no one else can have a say in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->