Announcement ideas

dogluvr

Reaction score
What are yours?

This time we are putting our own message in a fortune cookie. For the grandparents it's something along the lines of surprise...baby XXX (last name) is arriving June 2016 . For the aunts and uncles in town it says congratulations you're going to be an aunt/uncle again June 2016. For the out of town aunts/uncles it's going to be a text message of a picture of a scrabble board that says Baby XXX is arriving in June 2016.

We are telling family on Saturday when we take our kids around for Halloween.

I had planned to get DS a t shirt saying I'm going to be a big brother, but I didnt get around to buying the shirt, so we are going to my parents on Friday for Halloween, so I'm going to say to my son "did you tell granny and granda what you are going to be", to which I think he is going to answer either Buzz or Woody as those are the costumes he has. I will say no and whisper into his ear, big brother (he is too young to realise what that actually means so it's not like we are really telling him as it is too soon for him, he is not one for patience) and I'm hoping he will then repeat "Big Brother" and the penny will drop.

It could go either really well or not lol.

I posted my first attempt at announcement photos the other day. We did a gender tie-breaker theme, so I made a score board that says boys-1 girls-1 and the kids are wearing "team pink" or "team blue" shirts.

I still have to take my other idea, which is to sit them side by side on the couch "reading" the books "I'm a big brother" and "I'm a big sister"

Great ideas ladies!! I'm not as creative as that, however we get our scan on 8th Dec so I'm going to make my own Christmas cards with the photo! That way everyone can open them and see baby Sugden wishing their grandma/uncle/grandpa a happy Christmas :) xx

For family, I wore a shirt that made it look like a baby was peeking out of my tummy, and for everyone else, we posted a picture on Facebook with five pumpkins, representing everyone in our family, but my pumpkin had a tiny pumpkin inside of it, and then we had a chalkboard that said, "Adding to our pumpkin patch May 2016".

I'm also going to do a digital holiday card, have a ffew ideas stored on pinterest. Our family is on the other side of the world, so I'm also thinking of sending my parents and sister grandparent and aunty memorabilia and making them open their gifts with us on Skype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->