Announcing baby...

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
With my 2 boys I announced on social media that DH and I were expecting. This baby I really don't want to. I think as I have gotten older I don't need everyone to know my business and don't want to hear comments on "i bet you want a girl" or "6 kids...your going to need a bus" :growlmad: Has anyone else not announced? Some days I do, just because I don't care about what other people think and obviously I am going to put pictures up of the new baby when it gets here (and people are gonna wonder were it came from:haha:) just being curious as to what others have done.

I felt a bit like that but for me, it was more about not wanting to announce it in person (at work and stuff), because I get shy/embarrassed when I get lots of attention and I didn't want all the hugs and 'congratulations' etc. I knew I'd go bright red and feel uncomfortable!

I wanted to just do it via Facebook so I didn't have to have all that face-to-face, but left it as late as possible (ie: until I couldn't hide the bump any more!) and didn't put it on there until 18 weeks.

Maybe you could just leave it as long as you feel comfortable/can(!) and then just put a jokey status on social media, announcing your pregnancy and also already answering all the annoying comments you know you're going to get! 'No I'm not desperate for a girl, yes the bus is on order, yes I know I'll never sleep again' etc etc.... Make a joke of it ;-)

I know loads of people who havn't "announced" some the first I've known is when it's born, I figure those who know your well enough will know before it's born and those that don't probably don't care that much either / don't knew you that well

I never announced with my older kids, I had people coming up saying oohh I didn't know you were pregnant etc weeks before delivery. We did this time for a number of reasons, as years go by some family has moved further away and been in contact less but still want them to know but living in places like Australia and Canada not in England anymore. The kids were so excited I thought it would be a bit of fun for them. We told all the close relatives and friends in person before putting anything on Facebook to let the more distant friends and family know.

If you don't want to announce I wouldn't bother. The most important people to you that are close to you will know. :)

I felt a bit like that but for me, it was more about not wanting to announce it in person (at work and stuff), because I get shy/embarrassed when I get lots of attention and I didn't want all the hugs and 'congratulations' etc. I knew I'd go bright red and feel uncomfortable!

I wanted to just do it via Facebook so I didn't have to have all that face-to-face, but left it as late as possible (ie: until I couldn't hide the bump any more!) and didn't put it on there until 18 weeks.

Maybe you could just leave it as long as you feel comfortable/can(!) and then just put a jokey status on social media, announcing your pregnancy and also already answering all the annoying comments you know you're going to get! 'No I'm not desperate for a girl, yes the bus is on order, yes I know I'll never sleep again' etc etc.... Make a joke of it ;-)

:haha: thanks for the laugh!! I like it:winkwink:

I've been feeling like this too but not really sure why. I am so excited about this baby and certainly not ashamed, but I just don't have much desire to share the news. We have told all our close friends and family (the people who matter) and my husband is itching to put it on Facebook. I'm just feeling more private this time around and I'm not sure why! Some of my family also wants to keep the gender secret, so that limits what we could put on social media anyway, which helps. I think when my belly is bigger (around 20-25 weeks), I'll just post a belly pic with "surprise!". It would be more of a hassle to not announce and then be bombarded with questions once the baby is born.

I loved that video too but I'm not artistic like that!! Lol

I haven't told anyone at all yet. Haha, but I'm still early so I can get away with it. I don't think I'll announce on fb.

We haven't publicly announced yet. We told family and close friends, but asked everyone to keep it quiet on facebook, and so far everyone has. I keep thinking that I should post our news, but I don't really want everyone and their mother asking me questions, and I'm like MemmaJ, the attention and congratulations make me uncomfortable. I'm sure we will announce it before baby is born, just not sure when.

I like what 'marigold' said about posting a bump pic and saying "surprise" later on!

We didn't announce anything on Facebook. But the other day my hubby was posting pics of our newly renovated kitchen, and I was in the kitchen making soup with an obvious bump. So then he was inundated with messages from people who had no idea we were expecting.

Lol! That's what I am afraid of doing!! Just letting it slip!

We annouced on facebook. it's all family that don't live close by and some friends though.

I've not announced on Facebook, we're thinking of just putting a photo up in a few weeks (when I have more of a bump) saying something simple like 'the 3 of us' but apart from that nothing. I won't be putting any scan pics up and won't be posting anything about the baby once it had been born.

I didn't announce on FB, but, then again, I'm not big on posting anything personal on social media. Those who are my actual friends I see in person so they knew eventually. (I didn't even tell people in person until b/t 24 and 26 weeks) She's now 2 and I've still never had her photo on FB.

Some people are funny about posting anything about their kids or pregnancy on facebook, but i guess that depends on who is on your facebook. i have no problem with it because i know everyone on my facebook, i don't have hundreds of friends (under 50) and they are all mainly family and a few friends that don't live nearby that i don't see often. so i'm comfortable with it. also i've a private facebook.

I didn't announce on Facebook. I sent a group message to people who needed to know! I think posting everything is over rated, some of my friends post everything then get the hump when people comment!

depends what they are commenting? I've not had any crappy comments on my facebook, but i don't have any idiots on my facebook :p lol

A lot of my friends put personal stuff about boyfriends then are shocked when everyone remember what they have said after deleting the comments........ I was also burned a bit by my cousin last year. I put a cancer research game status " is going to be a mummy" so everyone that commented or liked had to keep the game going blaa blaa and my cousin commented on it " what, again?!" This is not someone I have been seen in the past ten years and I was really annoyed with the comment its not like I have 15 kids, and even if I did I have never asked anyone for anything so wtf?!? Phew anyway, sometimes its the idiots we are related to that make the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->