• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Announcing pregnancies early on FB.

Golly no, I couldn't, and I share every fart.
I announced on FB at 12 weeks with Lucas basically because everyone else bugged me to, I don't think I'd have bothered otherwise. The only people I really wanted to know either already knew, or I'd rather have told them privately. I lost his twin very early and bled until about 20 weeks, pregnancy was terrifying for me! Plus I really just wanted it to be private, I liked having something the world didn't know.

I couldn't do it, but then again I didn't post a single pregnancy thing on fb as I didn't feel it was necessary. It's very much a personal choice I guess and it depends on how the individual feels.

I announced on FB at 12 weeks with Lucas basically because everyone else bugged me to, I don't think I'd have bothered otherwise. The only people I really wanted to know either already knew, or I'd rather have told them privately. I lost his twin very early and bled until about 20 weeks, pregnancy was terrifying for me! Plus I really just wanted it to be private, I liked having something the world didn't know.

Completely off topic but I LOVE that you have just used the word "golly" I've not heard it said since my Granny was alive :)

Completely off topic but I LOVE that you have just used the word "golly" I've not heard it said since my Granny was alive :)

:D
It's one of those words I started using to replace naughty language in front of Lucas but it's popped over into my vocabulary full time :haha:

I announced with DD and my current pregnancy by uploading my 12 week scan pic after I'd had it. I wouldn't risk it before then, I like to know that everything looks okay before telling everyone. Close family and friends knew pretty much from the off.

I do have a FB friend (just a girl from school) and she announced by uploading her positive pregnancy test the same day that she took it. I could never do that.

With Riley - I was excited. I told close friends around 8 weeks, then it went public at 12-13 weeks. People I didn't like/wanted to hide it from didn't find out until I was 22 weeks, and that was because I ended up in hospital.

If I have another pregnancy, I will not be announcing it at all, to anyone except close friends and family. Not until my babies safe in my arms... I had a lot of complications in my first pregnancy which made us high risk.

I don't use Facebook but I would tell some people early, only people I would need/want to support me if something happened though.

I don't use facebook but definitely wouldn't announce that early! Early miscarriages must be awful let alone without worrying about the fact everyone, all your family and friends and probably people you don't even know, are aware of the pregnancy. Next time I'm pregnant we're planning on telling parents only at around 8 weeks then everybody else after the 12-week scan. If I was on facebook i'd probably announce it around 20 weeks on there. xx

I think each to their own, but announcing early on Facebook s risky as you are telling literally everyone then! So therefore that makes for a whole lot more people to have to explain to if anything were to happen.

I had to tell some people at my work from just 7 weeks, as I was so sick, and not acting like my normal self (it hit me hard by then) that people were constantly asking me what's up. Tbh i felt more relaxed once people in in all honesty, as hiding it while i felt so dreadful was hard work!! It helped to let some people know.... but on facebook? nah. Not till after the 12 week scan at least imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->