Annoyed...sorry to complain!

HAKing

Mom to two sweet boys
Reaction score
Ugh, last week we announced that we were expecting (12 weeks along) and I made the mistake of posting on Facebook and of course the only person from work on there had to tell the biggest mouth I've ever known in my life and she immediatally told everyone at work! I swear everyone had to have known within minutes of me posting! And that isn't the part that bugs me the most its the fact that it isn't her business...her place to tell and she made it out to be a rumor! B*ITCH! :growlmad: So now I have people I work with coming up to me saying "I heard a rumor you are pregnant" and I instantly get pissed! I can't help it but I hate that she did that! And I never work with her since we work opposite shifts but I'd really like to say something but on the same token I don't know what I would say...

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be pregnant but I hate that someone that I don't associate with, am not friends with and the only reason we know each other is because we work at the same place made my pregnancy her business and had to say it was a rumor!

Sorry for it being so long but I don't know if anyone else could relate or know how I was feeling...:cry:

I think you should unfriend her, she is obviously jealous of your happiness and feels the need to cause trouble, and next time someone says to you "i heard a rumour you are pregnant" just shrug and say "yeah, i heard that rumour too", then walk away with your head held high and leave them wondering!!
And congratulations hun, dont let the buggers get you down, this is your time, enjoy it!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im never posting anything on Facebook again about my pregnancy. When i was expecting the twins, i made the annoucement at 12 weeks and had some lovely comments. But this time around i know that people will be focusing on me because of the loss. Somebody actually messaged me on the chat thing the other day saying any baby news yet. I lied through my teeth "no nothing yet". They will know when i have a pram ha ha.

With regards to the woman at work, she is completely out of order, its your place to tell work not her..... some people xx

I wanted it to be my news to tell, esp after our miscarriage and with this being twins, but some people felt intent to tell loads of people which kind of got me upset.

Saying that, if im honest, once you post something on facebook its in the public domanin and people will think that means you are happy for others to know. If you wanted to tell certain people then you should tell them before posting on facebook. That what we did, but onve you post on facebook you cant do much about who tells who your business.

Thank you Misstink. I will definitely try that! LOL.

I did unfriend the girl that had to tell the BIG MOUTH! Just frustrating...she is the kind of person that knows how to push peoples buttons and always brags about how she "knows everything about everyone".

I just posted on Facebook thinking that people who saw were my friends and not tell the world...I won't be making that mistake again!

thats the only thing with posting on a website....be prepared for everyone to find out your business.....tell facebook friends, they tell their friends and so on and so forth. people love to gossip at the end of the day, its only natural. i wasnt best impressed when my partner posted on facebook when i was 6 weeks and not even told all of my family. they found out before we had chance to tell them. cant really be mad at someone for telling people tho if you're gunna post on the web about it, to them its common knowledge....sorry =0/

Hello, you have every right to be annoyed with her. It should be your special time to break the news to everyone in your own way. It could be out of jealousy, or who knows why she's acting like that, but it isn't right. but, since we can't change the past, try to focus on the positive things, like the new little one in your tummy :). We are all here for you, and you can vent to us at anytime.
As far as saying something to her, you could say something along the lines of: I would really appreciate it if you didn't say anything else about my pregnancy I feel like I'm missing out on the chance of getting to tell people the news myself. Or something like that, in a positive way, and maybe she will get the hint!
But anyway, like I said, were here for you, good luck!

I agree with Eternal. If you put it on FB then everyone thinks its common knowledge your best bet is to tell everyone you want to tell, family friends and work and then FB or just accept that FB is the biggest gossip spreader and nothing will remain secret lol

As for people in work asking if you have heard the "rumor" say YES IT WAS ME WHO STARTED IT AND YES I AM EXPECTING :) No matter who you told in work the rest of the place will know within minutes :rofl:

Dont get upset that this other person told your news..... Just embrace the fact everyone is asking after you and not her lol

I am going to try to focus and stay positive. I guess I just got super annoyed after people had to ask me if it was a rumor. But I just need to be happy that I got to share it with everyone that I wanted to as well as the ones that I didn't. I just wish one day she would learn to mind her own business...but at the end of the day I am probably getting worked up and it isn't a big deal. Just don't start "rumors" about your boss! LOL.

Thanks ladies for making me feel better...sometimes I get a little too emotional.

Isn't that what workers do :rofl:

My DH only mentioned to 1 person our news and within an hour the whole place knew!! He was the boss (he's since moved to another department and building lol) but still most people like a good gossip about their boss :)

Yea, something exciting about finding out some juicy info about your boss I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->