annoying comments

sk1ttle

Reaction score
I just realised all our big family get togethers are not going to be as fun as they used to now everyone has an opinion on the way i manage my life. Apparently im having a big baby because you can just notice my bump under my dress which by the way is perfectly cute for 18 weeks but thanks for making me feel fat when im already struggling with self image on a daily basis. Then apparently i simply must make borlotti bean soup because im vegetarian and i cant possibly get my iron from baked beans because it should be all natural. Never mind that your recipe takes hours. My husband cant take it to work. its all about me now so i should do it anyway and run myself ragged on top of cooking fresh food each day doing all the cleaning cos my oh works longer hours then me and working full time. And im supposed to work right up until i pop. Never mind if i dont wont to pop at working and have been saving my holiday leave so i can start mat leave 4 weeks before im due. People can be so unknowingly judgemental and hurtful. Thanks for listening to my rant. It does help to get it out.

Oi. Tune them out momma. You have more comments to come. :(

I'm also a veggie :hugs: and got the well you should at least eat chicken broth. Really that sodium enriched brown water is magic huh? When I told my midwife, she certainly didn't seem to care, saying that 80% of pregnant women are iron deficient by the end of the 2nd trimester. And yes lots of judging, I am not working due to a move, and then being already pregnant, luckily don't have to, but even taking the dog for a walk, makes the in-laws uncomfortable, and I was told not to do a Landmark course because I'd be around other people and it was flu season here, and so many people could be carrying illnesses. Like I'm not a leopar I'm pregnant. You're right it feels good to get it out. Hope you are coping ok. I just smile and nod and tell them they're right, and then do what I'm doing anyway.

Im doing better. I know the advice is going to keep coming.. Just didnt realise how sensitive id be to it. And being the other halfs family i tend to use the smile and nod strategy whereas with mine i can tell them to but out! I got my iron results back too and they've doubled so feeling pretty good about that. I know what u mean with the landmark course. I keep telling everyone 'im not fragile yet' every time they question me doing something

Aww I know some comments can really get you down but like Charlie_lael says try tune them out as there will be more to come

Hope your feeling better

Yeah, it's the start of so many comments well into motherhood! It's frustrating, even strangers have opinions on parenting your kid. It took me a long time to get used to the feeling that basically for everything I do with my kid, there will be tons of people who think I should do it differently. Try to be confident in your choices knowing that you are the only one making your own choices, and there are many roads to the same destination! I also think of it as a good reminder to myself to be wary of jumping to judgements of others' choices, too! Good luck! xx

I'm getting exactly the same thing from the in-laws.
I'm vegetarian going vegan and apparently I should drink Guinness because of the iron despite the fact that 1. it's alcohol and 2. it's not even vegetarian ! Not going to be taking advice from my maternal inlaws (mother in laws side) because they are really unhealthy ! McDonalds, bottles of wine, meat, everything cooked in lard. My OH's grandma has had bowel cancer (which I contribute to high levels of processed meat) and has diabetes (type 2). OH's cousin is 8 and has type 1 diabetes (I know not linked to diet) and doesn't count his carbs and still doesn't do his own injections.

I am at risk of being made redundant and I get the comment "well you need a job". What do they expect me to do ? If I am made redundant, there is nothing I can do about it and no one will hire a 26 week pregnant lady. Think that's bad get this conversation.

Me - "I'm really proud of OH, he got paid for doing some programming for someone in America"

OH's GD - "Well he should move there."

Me - "No we wouldn't move there, especially not take LO away from his family"

OH's GD - "Well OH should go and leave you and the baby here then."

SERIOUSLY !

I know it's going to get worse when LO is here !

We are their mums, we know best !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->