Another BLW Question...

P

petal040

I haven't yet read the book (by Gill Rapture - is that right?), but I think I like the sound of baby led weaning. Before I get the book though, I wanted to check - if I return to work when LO is 7 and a half months old, would I still be able to do it?

I am already a bit worried because LO won't accept a bottle. I am hoping she will accept other liquids, maybe from a cup, when the time comes for me to go back to work.

If she isn't having any milk through the day, and is with a childminder, is BLW still a possibility?

Thanks!

If you do want to do BLW and probably also if you're doing normal weaning, LO will still need milk throughout the day as it's their main source of nutrition until 12 months. If your LO won't take a bottle, there's no reason not to try a cup. My LO is doing really well with a doidy cup and can drink 60-90ml of water at each meal. She had a funny few days with bfing and she also took some milk from the doidy.

There's no reason why you can't do BLW with the childminder as long as they understand exactly what it's about and are willing to do it with you, just have a chat to them about it. And if they are willing, give them the book to read! :hugs:

Thanks :) I hope LO will drink from a cup. I'm just worried cos my friend's mother told me she rejected any kind of milk from any container, cup or bottle until she was 12 months old - and having researched it I discovered this isn't uncommon! Agh! They make up for it at other times of the day (and night :( ) I think?

Try not to worry about what other baby's do, there's no telling what yours will be like! Just start practising with various different feeding methods well before you go back to work so that LO is used to something when the time comes. You might be surprised!

As long as the carer understands BLW and what not to do then there's no reason why you can't do it!

With regards to a cup, (even tho she's FF) Violet wouldn't take water from anything but a free flow one. Every baby's different and sometimes it takes a while before finding what works x

Ruby's FF, she won't drink water from any kind of sippy cup but will take some rom a Doidy, but it is messy at the moment! Sure they learn quicker though.

yep every baby is different, dex would not take a dummy, i havent even tried a bottle yet but he loves his sippy cup. Ive tried a few sippy cups and he will take any. Defo try for BLW it is so much fun and you can eat a meal without having to feed them which is always good.

Oh and the book is by Gill Rapley by the way, not Rapture, just in case you're looking for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->