Another Boy

StephyB

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm writing this. I feel so horrible for the way that I feel :( we just found out that we are expecting our second baby boy. I can't help but feel like a little piece of me has died. I've been dreaming of a little baby girl. Please tell me I'm not a horrible human for feeling this way. Obviously all that matters is that the baby is healthy. And he is. I just wanted some pink in my life. And all I know is life with a brother. Hubby is being great and says we can have another. But I don't think I can roll the dice again. The Chinese gender chart did say boy for getting pregnant in July not sure why I thought it would be wrong.... ughhh wish I didn't feel this way , please tell me it will pass

It WILL pass, I promise. And you are not horrible for feeling this way - your feelings are totally normal! Men aren't made to feel guilty for wanting a son, so why are women made to feel guilty for wanting a daughter? It's normal. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just know it will get better, and when he arrives, you'll never even imagine he could be anything but a perfect boy.

I just had my 2nd boy, and we're done with babies. I'm SO IN LOVE with my 2nd boy, but it took a little period of adjustment for me, knowing I won't ever have a girl. I've made my peace with it now, and I'm content with 2 boys, but...it was hard for a bit. But....our 2nd boy just fits - it's as if he's exactly what our family needed. And your 2nd boy will be the same. Watching my 2 boys be brothers....it's indescribable, knowing they'll have the brotherly bond for life. I love it.

Be kind to yourself....it's normal, and you're still a good mother. This too shall pass. Hugs.

I found out I am having my second boy a couple of weeks ago via a NIPT blood test. Having not had a preference beforehand I suddenly felt really crushed. It will hopefully pass quickly for you... I already now can't imagine anything else and I'm looking forward to having another gorgeous little boy like my DS.

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, the chinese gender predictor said girl for me...so it's no better than 50/50 correct.

I'm also pretty certain I won't be having a third baby. It was never the plan and I wouldn't want to do it on the off chance of getting a girl because that's not fair.

Be kind to yourself, you're not horrible for feeling this way, just human:flower:

It WILL pass, I promise. And you are not horrible for feeling this way - your feelings are totally normal! Men aren't made to feel guilty for wanting a son, so why are women made to feel guilty for wanting a daughter? It's normal. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just know it will get better, and when he arrives, you'll never even imagine he could be anything but a perfect boy.

I just had my 2nd boy, and we're done with babies. I'm SO IN LOVE with my 2nd boy, but it took a little period of adjustment for me, knowing I won't ever have a girl. I've made my peace with it now, and I'm content with 2 boys, but...it was hard for a bit. But....our 2nd boy just fits - it's as if he's exactly what our family needed. And your 2nd boy will be the same. Watching my 2 boys be brothers....it's indescribable, knowing they'll have the brotherly bond for life. I love it.

Be kind to yourself....it's normal, and you're still a good mother. This too shall pass. Hugs.

THANK YOU so much for your lovely comment :) it means the world to me and you were right, it didn't take very long for those feelings to pass and for me to get excited about this baby :) Some women on here can be to snippy and judgey - so I thank you again for understanding!

I found out I am having my second boy a couple of weeks ago via a NIPT blood test. Having not had a preference beforehand I suddenly felt really crushed. It will hopefully pass quickly for you... I already now can't imagine anything else and I'm looking forward to having another gorgeous little boy like my DS.

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, the chinese gender predictor said girl for me...so it's no better than 50/50 correct.

I'm also pretty certain I won't be having a third baby. It was never the plan and I wouldn't want to do it on the off chance of getting a girl because that's not fair.

Be kind to yourself, you're not horrible for feeling this way, just human:flower:

THANK YOU so much for your lovely comment it means the world to me and you were right, it didn't take very long for those feelings to pass and for me to get excited about this baby Some women on here can be to snippy and judgey - so I thank you again for understanding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->