Another ebay thread

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
I bought a pair of sandals for LO off ebay. The seller used Hermes courier to deliver.
I was away for the weekend and they courier came on Saturday. However, when realising noone was home, rather than take the parcel away to rearrange delivery they left it behind my back gate, as clearly stated on the card. When i arrived home on Monday, the parcel was not there. The most likely explanation is someone has nabbed it, although I suppose there are other possibilities.
Am I within my rights to open a case for a refund and give the details so she can reclaim postage from Hermes?
Seriously fed up with couriers atm, I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to leave a parcel somewhere like that :nope:

Yes you are,you havent signed for anything so theres no "proof" you have received your item.

Defiantly open a case! They should of at least left them with a neighbour or took them back to depot

Open a case for item not received but I would speak to the seller first as she may be able to help. Also, I'm not sure what would happen if the parcel was tracked and it shows delivered and the seller can prove delivery.

MyHermes automatically offer insurance up to £20 on their deliveries (I use them for eBay) but the seller would need to check.

I have spoken to seller and she is going to chase and i will check with neighbours. I feel a bit bad because it isn't really her fault but i did pay for something i haven't got...

Personally I would claim of myhermes myself- she sent the item and as soon as it has left her it is out of her hands. Neither of yours fault but I wouldn't open a case and get her a red mark on her account when it isn't her fault.

Of course she might be willing to help you without you opening a case.

Sorry- but it irks me when people do this. I am more than happy to help somebody myself then them put my eBay at risk- not to mention, if it is signed for (even by the courier) at your address- I don't think you have a leg to stand on as you might be pulling a fast one.

Myhermes will only take claims for a lost parcel from a shipper, like pretty much any courier/postal service. Otherwise noone would ever open a case on ebay, they'd just go to the post office. I would claim from them if i could but i can't. So i have to get the money back from her and she can reclaim from the courier.
She would only get a black mark on her account if i left her negative feedback, which i won't do as long as it gets sorted.
i'm not tryong to pull a fast one, but it's NOT my fault a parcel was left by my back gate which i consider obviously not a safe place.

Also it isn't signed for, they didn't require a signature. It's just a card saying 'we left your parcel at' then quite clearly written 'back gate'

Whenever I use MyHermes they give insurance upto £20 included. Ask the seller to see if she can claim x

What a joke that they consider that a good place to leave it :nope:

Personally I would claim of myhermes myself- she sent the item and as soon as it has left her it is out of her hands. Neither of yours fault but I wouldn't open a case and get her a red mark on her account when it isn't her fault.

Of course she might be willing to help you without you opening a case.

Sorry- but it irks me when people do this. I am more than happy to help somebody myself then them put my eBay at risk- not to mention, if it is signed for (even by the courier) at your address- I don't think you have a leg to stand on as you might be pulling a fast one.

Of course she has a leg to stand on! The seller takes the risk of parcels getting lost when s/he chooses to use ebay to sell items. OP states that the parcel was sent without a signature needed....with my hermes that cost is £1 and I personally send everything I sell on ebay by signed delivery to protect myself in the event something does go missing. It is up to the seller to make a claim with whatever company they have chosen to use. You do not get "black marks" for resolved cases on ebay.

Just found out that if a parcel shows as being delivered, even with no signature, then the seller would win an item not received case.

OP, I feel you will pleading to your sellers good nature but as myhermes can show that an item was "delivered" to the registered PayPal address, you wouldn't win the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->