Another joy of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sweetcheeks85, Apr 25, 2009.

1. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies just finished a course of antibiotics and now I think I have thrush. I went to the pharmacy and asked for Canestan Combi. Now ive got home I noticed its an internal cream and external cream, instead of a pessary and cream (which I thought I had bought). Is this still safe to use? Has anyone used this in pregnancy, just a bit cautious thats all. Im sure the midwife told me pessaries and cream were safe to use in pregnancy so im assuming this is the same.

Thanx :hugs:

2. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

No idea hun! Did the pharmacist ask if you were pregnant?

3. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

I have no idea, I would ask the doctor or pharmacist

4. sweetcheeks85

It was a young girl that was serving and she seemed embarrased giving me it in the first place. I ll hold off using it the now then till I can speak to someone bout it x

5. babystar

babystar Guest

:hugs:
    nopes

but I have been on antibiotics pretty much from the word go as I seem to be picking up water infections non stop :(

:hugs:

6. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

I have had constant water infections followed by thrush each time! I have only used pessary and cream though so i'm not sure. I'd use the external cream for a bit of relief as you know thats safe and wait to see what pharmacist says about internal cream. Hope you feel better x x x

7. sweetcheeks85

Sorry do u mean nopes you dont know or nopes not safe to use?

8. duffers

duffers Well-Known Member

What does it say on the insert?

9. sweetcheeks85

It just says to consult ure doctor or midwife before using. Been doing a bit of research on google and as far as I can see its safe. The internal cream is a bit like the pessary anyways except its cream instead of an internal tablet and comes with the same applicator.

Looking back at posts on here women use pesssaries all the time in pregnancy, just no one has mentioned this intenal cream so maybe it is new?

10. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Doc did tell me once when i complained that i hated the pessary that the reason they give you the pessary and not the oral tablet is because the pessary doesn't have to go through your blood stream to get to the problem, it works faster and has less side effects so i would assume the cream would be pretty much the same as the pessary? Sorry i don't know for sure x x x

11. haaza123

haaza123 Mom to Sonny and 5 angels

I've been using the canesten cream for thrush but not the pessary (only becasue i have a fear of it). The doctor said that the creams better then the tablet during pregnancy.

Just the cream alone has been helping.

xxx

12. sweetcheeks85

Thanx ladies for ure help so far, ive already used the external cream and have had some relief from that so its ok for now :hugs:

13. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

if your worried still ring nhs direct and ask them im sure they wouldnt mind xx