Another joy of pregnancy

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
Hi ladies just finished a course of antibiotics and now I think I have thrush. I went to the pharmacy and asked for Canestan Combi. Now ive got home I noticed its an internal cream and external cream, instead of a pessary and cream (which I thought I had bought). Is this still safe to use? Has anyone used this in pregnancy, just a bit cautious thats all. Im sure the midwife told me pessaries and cream were safe to use in pregnancy so im assuming this is the same.

Thanx :hugs:

No idea hun! Did the pharmacist ask if you were pregnant?

I have no idea, I would ask the doctor or pharmacist

It was a young girl that was serving and she seemed embarrased giving me it in the first place. I ll hold off using it the now then till I can speak to someone bout it x

:hugs:
nopes

but I have been on antibiotics pretty much from the word go as I seem to be picking up water infections non stop :(

:hugs:

I have had constant water infections followed by thrush each time! I have only used pessary and cream though so i'm not sure. I'd use the external cream for a bit of relief as you know thats safe and wait to see what pharmacist says about internal cream. Hope you feel better x x x

It just says to consult ure doctor or midwife before using. Been doing a bit of research on google and as far as I can see its safe. The internal cream is a bit like the pessary anyways except its cream instead of an internal tablet and comes with the same applicator.

Looking back at posts on here women use pesssaries all the time in pregnancy, just no one has mentioned this intenal cream so maybe it is new?

Doc did tell me once when i complained that i hated the pessary that the reason they give you the pessary and not the oral tablet is because the pessary doesn't have to go through your blood stream to get to the problem, it works faster and has less side effects so i would assume the cream would be pretty much the same as the pessary? Sorry i don't know for sure x x x

I've been using the canesten cream for thrush but not the pessary (only becasue i have a fear of it). The doctor said that the creams better then the tablet during pregnancy.

Just the cream alone has been helping.

xxx

Thanx ladies for ure help so far, ive already used the external cream and have had some relief from that so its ok for now :hugs:

if your worried still ring nhs direct and ask them im sure they wouldnt mind xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->