Another knock back

Janie66

Husband Dave,2 daughters
Reaction score
Just had my progesterone and prolactin and thyroid blood tests results back this afternoon... and the progesterone has come back low, 4.0 low to be exact, had a telephone chat with my GP, she explained the possibiltys what it can mean... thought i was a little too young for me being perimenopausal and I dont have any other symptoms of it, the scan did not show up what a typical polysistic ovaries could look like, and I dont have other symptoms of it either, so proberly not that.... she said it could be I just ovulated before the blood test hence why it didnt detect it, and I have a shorter cycle, which I didnt quite understand that part, maybe someone on here could enlighted me about that. i did mention to her tho, That I do have signs that I am ovulating tho, and did this month, Ie CM, the ovulation pain I get, and also feel ah hem (randy) at a certain type of the month, all natrual symptoms.... so now I feel a little worried and defeted, that maybe I am NOT ovulating at all:shrug::cry: Going to have more blood taken for my FSH and LH level tommorow, so wont get them back until over a week later, and now this is worring me having those results back after this low progesterone result. Does having a progesterone level of 4.0 mean I cant get pregnant? is there anything I can do natrually to make this higher? will loosing some weight help, as I am overweight. any advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Sorry Janie66 that this seems to be more hurdles in your way. I am an absolute novice to all of this and your knowledge is far superior to mine, so I will simply say, good luck and much babydust to you x
:dust:

hi there sorry to hear your news.i dont know much about hormone levels but i do know that after 8 years of trying i fell pregnant at 44 after i had lost 4 stone in wieght and the dr said that it was the one of the probable reasons for not having fallen pregnant sooner as when your overwieght you produce more oestrogen which prevents pregnancy in some cases .idid sadly lose the baby but it has given me hope:hugs:

being overweight can alter the fertility hormones thus affecting ovulation.

A low progesterone either means you did not ovulate in that cycle or the blood test wasn't taken at te right time.

Losing some weight will def help you fall pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy, even 5% of your body weight has been shown to make a difference.

good luck
x

Thank you all for such positive replys... Im more optimistic today, got my crochet up and running, and also starting my next module in Open university, so will keep me more busy hopefully, life has to carry on i guess.

Hugs to all xxxxxxx

Hi Janie66, I believe I have low progesterone too, as my luteal phase is only 7 days, and I am just starting chasteberry (vitex) as I've heard good things about it. I've also heard being overweight or underweight can affect progesterone, so I'm in the process of adjusting my weight too.

Hi janie66. Have you read anything on taking vitamin b complex and agnus castus to help with low progesterone levels?. I highly recommend these for upping your levels. I started taking the b complex 100 after I started charting and noticed that I had a short luteal phase of just 9 days. Not enough days past ovulation to probably allow for implantation to happen. This apparently is an indication of low progesterone. I had a chemical pregnancy in June of this year and I think it may of been because of my low levels. After reading up on natural ways of boosting my levels I started taking the b complex 100. After 1 month my luteal phase is now 12 days. I've also just started taking agnus castus tincture as this also helps. By the way I'm 39 and trying for number 4. You have nothing to lose in trying these , the b complex can be taken throughout your cycle and indeed if you get pregnant it can help with morning sickness! The agnus castus taken only up to ovulation so it might help if you start to temp chart, this will also tell you for defo if you have ovulated. I have read so many stories of success with b complex, a high number of bfp are reported. I myself are still ttc and have now started acupuncture as also read good reviews on it helping. Sorry for such a long post but I really do think that your levels will go up if you take these measures. Just one more note. If you do take the b complex, don't be alarmed to find your urine becomes neon yellow ! It's the vit b1 that gives you the glow in the dark wee. Baby dust to you and good luck

Hi janie66. Have you read anything on taking vitamin b complex and agnus castus to help with low progesterone levels?. I highly recommend these for upping your levels. I started taking the b complex 100 after I started charting and noticed that I had a short luteal phase of just 9 days. Not enough days past ovulation to probably allow for implantation to happen. This apparently is an indication of low progesterone. I had a chemical pregnancy in June of this year and I think it may of been because of my low levels. After reading up on natural ways of boosting my levels I started taking the b complex 100. After 1 month my luteal phase is now 12 days. I've also just started taking agnus castus tincture as this also helps. By the way I'm 39 and trying for number 4. You have nothing to lose in trying these , the b complex can be taken throughout your cycle and indeed if you get pregnant it can help with morning sickness! The agnus castus taken only up to ovulation so it might help if you start to temp chart, this will also tell you for defo if you have ovulated. I have read so many stories of success with b complex, a high number of bfp are reported. I myself are still ttc and have now started acupuncture as also read good reviews on it helping. Sorry for such a long post but I really do think that your levels will go up if you take these measures. Just one more note. If you do take the b complex, don't be alarmed to find your urine becomes neon yellow ! It's the vit b1 that gives you the glow in the dark wee. Baby dust to you and good luck

Hello mrsdh,

Thanks for all that info, just wanted to ask tho, when you say vit b 100, what does the '100' bit mean, as I bought the tescos make of vit be complex, is this the same, or should i get the dearer ones from holland and barrett , how much vit b6 in mg should there be in a vit b complex for it to work, and I do think Ill give agnus catus a go again, I took this for one month only and it made me have a weird period, it was 5 days early, and the flow was so dark for first 2 days too, so it worried me a little,mention it to my GP, he said I could of been pregnant, had a very early MC, but I was so sure, so didnt take the agnus anymore.

I also looked into acupucture, the guy quoted me 35 pounds for half an hour, and 25 pounds for the tea drink, so all in all 60 pounds a week:eek: I cant really afford that right now tbh, its alot of money to find a week really, how much is your costing if you dont mind me asking. I will look into this again tho, the agnus catus and VIT B too. Thanks

xxxx

Hi Janie66, I believe I have low progesterone too, as my luteal phase is only 7 days, and I am just starting chasteberry (vitex) as I've heard good things about it. I've also heard being overweight or underweight can affect progesterone, so I'm in the process of adjusting my weight too.

Good luck:thumbup:, keep me informed how its going whilst on vitex xxxx:flower:

being overweight can alter the fertility hormones thus affecting ovulation.

A low progesterone either means you did not ovulate in that cycle or the blood test wasn't taken at te right time.

Losing some weight will def help you fall pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy, even 5% of your body weight has been shown to make a difference.

good luck
x

Hi mrRH,

I am trying to loose the fat, so hard, I keep comfort eating latley, have had a few personal probs this year, and been trying to work threw them all, think thats why I am. dieting is so hard tho xx

hi there sorry to hear your news.i dont know much about hormone levels but i do know that after 8 years of trying i fell pregnant at 44 after i had lost 4 stone in wieght and the dr said that it was the one of the probable reasons for not having fallen pregnant sooner as when your overwieght you produce more oestrogen which prevents pregnancy in some cases .idid sadly lose the baby but it has given me hope:hugs:

Im so sorry mogsanddogs re your MC xxxxxxxx:flower: 4 u
I did read up about this oestrogen bit, and this may be my reason? Ill keep trying to loose this weight:thumbup: xxx ty for replying

Hi janie66. I would try the vit b complex from holland and barratt as the ones from tesco have a much smaller dosage. The 100 bit is the mg per vitamin. Alot of women have started with the smaller dosage ie vitamin b complex 50,and have had good results with it. I chose the 100 as wanted to really go for it!! . As with the agnus castus,it can bring on an earlier ovulation, so you in fact were not 5 days early it was just that your ovulation may of been brought forward. It may have been a fluke regarding the darker bleed, or it may of been due to the agnus giving you a slightly heavier period as some women have experienced this. God that acupuncturist is expensive? My lady charges me £25 for the hour and sometimes we go over that time. She hasn't given me any herbs as she wants to see how things turn out in the next few weeks. I'm not sure how much that might be , but hopefully not as much as uve been quoted. Try and look for another acupuncturist , I know what you mean about finances. I'm going to give it till my next cycle and then maybe go every 2 weeks. Let me know how you get on with the supplements and do start to chart as I'm sure you are ovulating, at least you will be able to see the actual day it happened. Over the last 3 months I've not ovulated on the same day, month 1 was day 20, month 2 was day 16 and this month just gone day 23! If I didn't temp I wouldn't know where I was. I'm hoping the agnus will bring my ovulation forward this month. Hope your other results are good for you, fingers crossed xx

hi mrsdh,
when do i start the agnus castus, cd1?

Hi lisa2010. Yes take the agnus castus from cd1 and continue till you ovulate. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->